• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turkey Cranberry Wreath - Diabetic Friendly?

In summary, Melissa is planning to make a Chocolate Pecan tart for her show on Monday, but her host has two diabetics coming. Melissa recommends that the recipe be used as is, with the exception of the cranberry addition. Lora Strzyzewski, Future Director at Troy, MI, recommends that the recipe be used with fresh or frozen cranberries.
mhrivera
I was planning on making a Chocolate Pecan tart for my show on Monday, but my host has two diabetics coming. She thought that the wreath would be a better choice. Should I do anything different, or is the recipe good as is? Thanks!

Melissa,
I just finished doing that recipe at two back to back shows and I'm glad that I did. I forgot how much I love that recipe especially for this month. I do it in November to give people a recipe for all of that leftover turkey. It is fantastic. The first show had only 8 people, the second had about 17. It works for both large and small groups. If the group is big, I just add a little more of each of the filling ingredients (turkey, cheese, etc). I don't know if it is in the All the Best recipe or not, but I add 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts. Also, to help one of the hosts (short on time), I brought the turkey cooked and cut up. You can purchase turkey tenderloins or part of a turkey breast at most grocery stores that work great for this. I also left a little of it not cut up to demonstrate the santoku knife. It works better than the chopper on the meat.
I hope it's not too late for this info for your show.
Lora Strzyzewski
Future Director
Troy, MI

Last edited:
It looks like it should be ok for someone diabetic. Just make sure that the dried cranberries you use do NOT have sugar added.

Served this to my diabetic mom. She ate it but thought it was a little high on the sugar. I've never found dried cranberries without sugar so perhaps you could add the cranberries last and keep them out of a section. Just mark that part of the wreath with a toothpick.

Has anyone tried this with fresh/frozen cranberries instead of dried?

1. What ingredients are used in the Turkey Cranberry Wreath - Diabetic Friendly?

The Turkey Cranberry Wreath - Diabetic Friendly is made with lean ground turkey, low-sugar cranberry sauce, low-fat shredded cheese, and a whole wheat crescent roll dough.

2. Is the Turkey Cranberry Wreath - Diabetic Friendly suitable for those with type 2 diabetes?

Yes, this dish is specifically designed to be diabetic-friendly and is made with ingredients that are suitable for those with type 2 diabetes.

3. How many servings does the Turkey Cranberry Wreath - Diabetic Friendly make?

This recipe makes 8 servings, making it the perfect dish for a small gathering or a healthy meal prep option for the week.

4. Can I make substitutions for the ingredients in the Turkey Cranberry Wreath - Diabetic Friendly?

While we highly recommend following the recipe for the best results, you can make substitutions such as using ground chicken instead of turkey or using a different type of low-sugar fruit spread for the cranberry sauce.

5. How do I store and reheat the Turkey Cranberry Wreath - Diabetic Friendly?

The wreath can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
straitfan
  • pamperedinvegas
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies