• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Turkey Breast in the Microwave: Tips & Timing

In summary, you can cook a turkey breast in the microwave by following the right techniques and timing. First, make sure it is thawed and seasoned, then cook for 9-10 minutes per pound on medium power. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and use a meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 165°F. Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
chefpenny99
Gold Member
I have a 3 pound turkey breast that I was thinking about cooking in the DCB in the microwave. I know we can do a chicken in 30 minutes. Does anyone have any idea of how long I would cook this turkey breast? (PS: I can't do it in the oven because my oven is broken & the soonest it can be fixed is next Tuesday.)

chefpenny99 said:
I have a 3 pound turkey breast that I was thinking about cooking in the DCB in the microwave. I know we can do a chicken in 30 minutes. Does anyone have any idea of how long I would cook this turkey breast? (PS: I can't do it in the oven because my oven is broken & the soonest it can be fixed is next Tuesday.)

I've done a 6 lb. in the microwave, I think it took about 40 minutes. But started with 20 & then 10 after that. If you have the thermometer just keep checking. It will be fine....:D

Michael Reeves has a turkey recipe on his site for the microwave.

Thanks for that info!

Hi there! Cooking a turkey breast in the DCB in the microwave is a great idea! The cooking time for a 3 pound turkey breast in the DCB will be similar to that of a chicken, so I would recommend following the 30 minute cooking time. However, it's always important to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit before serving. Happy cooking!

1. Can you really cook a turkey breast in the microwave?

Yes, you can cook a turkey breast in the microwave with the right techniques and timing. It may not be the traditional method, but it can save time and still produce a tasty and juicy turkey.

2. How do I prepare the turkey breast for cooking in the microwave?

First, make sure the turkey breast is completely thawed and remove any packaging or netting. Then, season the turkey breast with your choice of herbs and spices. Finally, place the turkey breast in a microwave-safe dish or roasting bag.

3. What is the recommended cooking time for a turkey breast in the microwave?

The cooking time for a turkey breast in the microwave varies depending on the size and power of your microwave. As a general guide, cook the turkey breast for 9-10 minutes per pound on medium or 50% power. Use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F before serving.

4. Do I need to cover the turkey breast while cooking in the microwave?

Yes, it is recommended to cover the turkey breast with a lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap while cooking. This helps to retain moisture and prevent the turkey from drying out. Make sure to leave a small vent for steam to escape.

5. How do I know when the turkey breast is done cooking in the microwave?

Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the turkey breast. It should reach 165°F in the thickest part of the meat. If it is not yet cooked, continue microwaving in 1-2 minute intervals until it reaches the desired temperature. Let the turkey rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mmoran4pc
  • babywings76