• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Valentine's Day Turkey Cooking & Best Buy Movie Shopping Adventure

In summary, Tammy bought a 3-lb turkey breast over the weekend and accidentally thawed it out. She was wanting to do it in the DCB (possibly in the microwave), but she's wondering if anyone else has done one like that and what kind of cooking time did you use, and did you cover the baker with lid or parchment paper. Tammy also had a show last night, which in itself was strange. It started at 6:30 and most people left by 7:00, but Tammy stayed. She made a 30-minute chicken, aoili, and choc cherry skillet cake, but prep and clean up took much longer than the actual show. It was a little strange and frustrating, but it was also
RaggedyAunt
Gold Member
Good morning, and Happy Valentine's Day all!

I bought a 3-lb turkey breast over the weekend (it was on sale :thumbup: ), and inadvertently thawed it out, so I need to fix it tonight. I was wanting to do it in the DCB (possibly in the microwave), and I'm wondering if anyone else has done one like that and what kind of cooking time did you use, and did you cover the baker with lid or parchment paper. Any seasoning ideas would be appreciated, too. I want to keep it quick, but as cold as it's been at night, I may end up firing up the oven, too! ;)

I also have to share a funny, but scary (at least to me!), story. I had a show last night, which in itself was strange. It started at 6:30, I got there early and got all the food going, and literally all but 2 people left by 7:00, without even eating! They came, placed an order, ate some finger food, and left! I was like, "what's the point?!" I almost wish she would've done a catalog show. I did not need to be there. (I made a 30-minute chicken, aoili, and choc cherry skillet cake, too!) So, prep and clean up took much longer than the actual show. It was a little strange, and frustrating. But, oh well. Plus, she's only at $222 right now. (This is not the scary part!)

Oh, I also stopped at Best Buy. They have tons of GREAT movies on sale this week for $4.99. I saw 3 in the ad I wanted, but ended up buying 7, plus the new Tyler Perry movie, which I really enjoyed in the theatre. So, if you like chic flicks, BB is the place to go this week.

Now, to the scary/funny part. I get home about 9:30 or so and go to unload the car. I don't have a garage, so I have to walk everything up to the porch, and I can't see the car from my porch as my sidewalk angles around my house. So, I'm carrying my stuff up, and trying to hurry. So, I take the show to go rolling tote out the car and put it on the sidewalk and carry the other stuff up to the porch. Open the door, put everything inside, put leftovers in fridge and relax. I leave for work this morning, and Hello! my show to go tote is still sitting on the sidewalk! I had my 12-in Exec skillet, my platter with cranberry accent, collapsible bowl, new bowl and colander set (will not be taking that to many more shows--too bulky!), cutting board, and cooling rack in it. Nothing had been touched. It was frosted, but fine! I felt like such a dork! And also VERY lucky! (Especially since 5 or 6 years ago I had a backpack taken out of my car, which had nothing of use or value in it to anyone but me!).

Okay, wow that simple question turned into a novel of a post! I hope everyone has a lovely day!

Tammy

I was wondering about a turkey breast in the baker, too. Microwave would be great. What happened with yours?

PamperChefCarol said:
I was wondering about a turkey breast in the baker, too. Microwave would be great. What happened with yours?
Haven't made it yet--am making it tonight. That's why I was asking for any input if anyone had done it yet. I'll let you know what I do and how it turns out!

I did a boneless turkey tenderloin - 10 minutes covered with DCB lid. Looked great - it was made for a donation dinner so I never got to taste it!!

I would say 10 minutes would be good to start. Then you can check with your thermometer and add more minutes if needed. You are taking way too much stuff to your parties. We discussed at our last team meeting and most of the consultants are taking just the stuff needed for their recipe. I've also seen in the new Cooking Show information suggestions to only take what comes in the New Consultant kit. Most of the recipes use that. If you want to recruit, people won't feel overwhelmed that they have to cart around so much stuff.

I did one back in October and it turned out great! I cooked it just like the 30 min chicken, complete with the rub and it was wonderful.
HTH

do you just put the turkey in, cover and stick in microwave? Do you add any oil to the turkey? I am getting questions about making alot of recipes in the dcb in the microwave and I am just starting out, my 1st show is in a few weeks. I love my dcb, I have made chicken, pork and the chili.

1. How do I cook a turkey for Valentine's Day?

To cook a turkey for Valentine's Day, you can follow the same steps as you would for a traditional Thanksgiving turkey. First, preheat your oven to 325°F. Then, prepare the turkey by removing the giblets and rinsing it inside and out. Place the turkey in a roasting pan and season it with your desired herbs and spices. Cover the turkey with foil and roast it for about 15 minutes per pound. Remove the foil during the last hour of cooking to allow the skin to brown. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 165°F. Let the turkey rest for 20 minutes before carving and serving.

2. Can I use my Pampered Chef cookware to make a Valentine's Day turkey?

Yes, you can use any of our Pampered Chef cookware to make a Valentine's Day turkey. Our products are designed to be versatile and can be used for a variety of cooking methods, including roasting a turkey. Just make sure to follow the instructions for the specific product you are using and adjust cooking times as needed.

3. What is the best way to season a turkey for Valentine's Day?

The best way to season a turkey for Valentine's Day is to use a combination of herbs and spices that you and your partner enjoy. Some popular options include a classic blend of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, or a more unique mix of rosemary, thyme, and lemon zest. You can also try using a brine to add flavor and moisture to the turkey before cooking.

4. How long should I let my Valentine's Day turkey rest before carving?

It is recommended to let your Valentine's Day turkey rest for at least 20 minutes before carving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, making it more tender and juicy. Cover the turkey with foil to keep it warm while it rests.

5. Can I buy a movie while shopping for my Valentine's Day turkey?

Yes, you can purchase a movie while shopping for your Valentine's Day turkey at Best Buy. Best Buy offers a wide selection of movies for purchase, including romantic comedies and other genres perfect for a cozy night in with your loved one. You can also browse and purchase movies online and pick them up in-store while shopping for your turkey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithhart
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithhart
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies