• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

TurboTax: Home & Business vs. Deluxe Edition

In summary, the home and business edition of Turbo Tax is cheaper than the deluxe edition, and has Schedule C. If you are selling a PC, the home and business edition is the version to use.
klsnyder
For those of you that use Turbo tax..Do you get the home and business edition or the deluxe edition?

I was curious about this as well. The VP of Intuit which is the company who makes the software is on another board that I visit and answered this question for me. He said that the deluxe version also has Schedule C and should work just fine. If you need more help and guidance through it, he said you could upgrade on line to the home and business one but suggested to start out with deluxe first.

If anyone has a Costco membership, there's a coupon in the Passport of Savings for Turbo Tax.

I use the delux version

I do mine Free online with Taxact.com. You have to pay to submit the state one online, but the Federal is free (I always owe State, and usually send it on April 15th!).

I use the Turbo Tax Deluxe Edition. I log onto their website and do it. It's cheaper than buying it in the store that way. You don't pay until you submit. It's great. You just put in your business info and it asks you all the right questions. I don't remember what my final cost ended up being last year, I just remember being shocked. Seems like it was $40 or $50 cheaper than I thought it would be.

I was considering using the Home and Business online version ... it costs $75 to use this one!!! I have never used the Deluxe version ... just the basic before, but I had never had a home business. Should I invest the extra $25 in the Home Business version? I know I can write off for 2007 the cost of preparing my taxes, I just wanted some input from other people.

Thanks!! I have always used the deluxe edition, but was not sure if I should switch to the home & business one since selling PC!! I will start with the deluxe and see how it goes!!

What is the difference between TurboTax Home & Business and Deluxe Edition?

TurboTax Home & Business is designed for self-employed individuals and small business owners, while Deluxe Edition is geared towards individuals with more complex tax situations. Home & Business includes features such as asset depreciation and business expense tracking, while Deluxe offers more guidance and support for itemized deductions and investments.

Can I use TurboTax Deluxe if I have a small business?

If you have a small business with simple tax needs, you may be able to use TurboTax Deluxe. However, if you have more complex business taxes, it is recommended to upgrade to Home & Business for additional features and support.

What is the cost difference between TurboTax Deluxe and Home & Business?

The cost of TurboTax Deluxe is typically lower than Home & Business. However, the exact cost may vary depending on any promotions or discounts available at the time of purchase.

Will I be able to file both my personal and business taxes with TurboTax Deluxe?

No, TurboTax Deluxe is only designed for personal tax filing. If you need to file taxes for a small business, you will need to upgrade to Home & Business.

Can I upgrade from TurboTax Deluxe to Home & Business if I decide I need the additional features?

Yes, you can upgrade from Deluxe to Home & Business at any time. However, you will need to pay the difference in cost between the two editions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebinNC
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • sfdavis918
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
Replies