• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused About Consulting on Turbo Tax - Can Anyone Help?

In summary, consulting on Turbo Tax involves seeking guidance from a professional tax consultant while using the Turbo Tax software to file taxes. This may be necessary for individuals with complex tax situations or those who are unsure about how to properly file their taxes using the software. To find a consultant, you can search online or ask for recommendations. When choosing a consultant, it is important to consider their experience, knowledge, and reputation for providing accurate and reliable tax advice. The cost of consulting on Turbo Tax can vary, so it is best to inquire about fees before hiring a consultant.
DebbieSM
This may be a stupid question, but on Turbo Tax do we put ourselves down as a consultant. When my husband was doing our taxes, he did not put me down as a consultant and he said there was no place for prize write offs (door prizes, consultant gifts, etc.). I'm really confused can anyone help.

Thank in advance,
Debbie :confused:

Do you know which version he used? I think last year I used Premier (the most expensive one) because it was the only one that was set up for an in home business. I wasn't selling PC last year, but was babysitting.

It depends on the nature of your consulting work and whether or not you are operating as a business. If you are self-employed and providing consulting services as a business, then you would report your income and expenses on Schedule C as a sole proprietor. If you are an employee and receiving consulting income in addition to your regular salary, then you may need to report it as additional income on your tax return. As for the door prizes and gifts, those would typically be reported as miscellaneous income on Schedule C or as other income on your tax return. It may be helpful to consult with a tax professional for specific guidance on how to report your consulting income and related expenses.

What is consulting on Turbo Tax?

Consulting on Turbo Tax refers to seeking guidance or advice from a professional tax consultant while using the Turbo Tax software to file taxes.

Why would I need consulting on Turbo Tax?

You may need consulting on Turbo Tax if you have complex tax situations or are unsure about how to properly file your taxes using the software.

How can I find a consultant for Turbo Tax?

You can find a consultant for Turbo Tax by searching online for tax consulting services or by asking for recommendations from friends or family members.

What should I look for in a Turbo Tax consultant?

When choosing a Turbo Tax consultant, it is important to look for someone who is experienced, knowledgeable, and has a good reputation for providing accurate and reliable tax advice.

Is consulting on Turbo Tax expensive?

The cost of consulting on Turbo Tax can vary depending on the consultant's fees and the complexity of your tax situation. It is best to inquire about fees before hiring a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • jesusluvsu2005