• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Easter Special with V-Shaped Cut Deviled Eggs

In summary, to make a V-shaped cut in your deviled eggs, hard-boil and peel them, cut in half lengthwise, remove the yolk, and use a sharp knife to make a diagonal cut. It is recommended to use a paring or serrated knife. The depth of the cut can vary, and creative ways to decorate for Easter include using toppings, food coloring, or edible flowers. Deviled egg platters can be used to display the eggs.
DebPC
Staff member
Old tip from a PC newsletter

This is what I do when I make deviled eggs at Easter, which is about the only
time of year that I make deviled eggs, cut them around the middle, not
lengthwise like you normally do and cut them using the V-Shaped Cutter. Dye the
whites in a solution of water and a little vinegar and red food coloring. You then
need to cut a small portion of the bottom of the egg white so they sit
upright and when filled they look like tulips. Beautiful presentation! I plan on
selling a ton of new Chillzanne Platters, V-Shaped Cutters and EADs this Spring!

Wow, that's a great tip! I've never thought of using a V-shaped cutter for deviled eggs before. And dyeing the whites to look like tulips is such a creative and beautiful idea. I can imagine it would make a great addition to any Easter brunch table. I'll definitely have to try this out for myself. Thanks for sharing!

Hello there! What a great idea to use the V-Shaped Cutter for deviled eggs at Easter. It's such a simple but effective way to make them look extra special and festive. I love the tip about dyeing the whites with food coloring - that adds an extra touch of creativity to the dish. And using the Chillzanne Platter to display them is a great way to show off your cooking skills. I'm sure you'll sell a ton of them this Spring. Keep up the great work!

1. How do I make the perfect V-shaped cut in my deviled eggs?

To make a V-shaped cut in your deviled eggs, start by hard-boiling the eggs and peeling them. Cut the egg in half lengthwise and carefully remove the yolk. Use a sharp knife to make a diagonal cut across the center of the yolk, creating a V shape. Repeat with the remaining yolks and fill with your desired deviled egg filling.

2. Can I use any type of knife to make a V-shaped cut in my deviled eggs?

While any sharp knife can be used, we recommend using a paring knife or a serrated knife for the best results. These types of knives are small and precise, making it easier to create a clean and even V-shaped cut in your deviled eggs.

3. How far down should I cut into the yolk to create a V-shaped cut?

The depth of your V-shaped cut will depend on the size of your deviled eggs and personal preference. We recommend cutting about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep into the yolk for a noticeable V shape, but you can adjust the depth to your liking.

4. What are some creative ways to decorate deviled eggs with V-shaped cuts for Easter?

You can get creative with your deviled eggs by adding different toppings or using food coloring to dye the egg whites. Some ideas include using chopped herbs or bacon bits on top, creating a rainbow effect with different food coloring, or using edible flowers as a garnish.

5. Can I use a deviled egg platter to display my V-shaped cut deviled eggs?

Yes, you can use a deviled egg platter to display your deviled eggs with V-shaped cuts. However, make sure to arrange them carefully to keep the V-shaped cuts intact. You can also use regular serving platters or plates, as long as they have enough space to hold the eggs without them touching.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies