• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying to Get a New Recruit Motivated

or she might want to upgrade. I have a few strong ones, but the others are not motivated. If you divide it all in to baby steps she will be less overwhelmed and will take the steps she needs to succeed.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I signed a new recruit about 2 weeks ago that really acted like she was going to be a top seller. She even said she had 2 friends wanting to sign under her. So far I've went by to check on her a few times and she said she sold a whisk. I only want to help her. Any suggestions?

What motivates her? Does she want the free stones and $200 MORE in free product or supplies? That helped my consultant muscle through. But asking her what she wants to get out of the business, might help you know how to best motivate her. If she wants money, encourage her to get those shows on the calendar (teach her HOW to do that too) sooner rather than later...explaining that she'll earn not only the money she is looking for, but she'll get so many rewards from the company for FREE, that it saves her money as well by not having to buy products or supplies! Ask her when her first show is scheduled. If she doesn't have one (uh-oh), then help her figure out a time to schedule her Kick-off show. Pick two dates. My consultant did a Thursday night, and then a Saturday brunch. She managed to get two minimum shows out of it, but booked 3 or 4.Just be careful not to overwhelm her with information. Figure out the key info needed to get her started for the next step. My last consultant had 4 shows scheduled (2 were her Kick-offs) in one weeks time- all were one week after she got her kit. SHe was overwhelmed a bit. My director was giving her training assignments that were somewhat irrelevant for THAT time. I would tell her to stop those items, and focus on other things pertinent to her immediate tasks - like invitations, host coaching (basics), helping her select simple recipes, getting her show packets together, etc. How to enter an order in p3 even!So I'd start with her WHY, then find out her schedule.Good luck!

I have also been having "challenges" getting most of my downline motivated. I have a few strong ones, but the others are not motivated. I even have 3 that I have called to let them know that they need to submit this month or they will lose their consultant status.

Bobby, I'm sorry to hijack your thread. :blushing: I'm just looking for ideas on similar issues.

Bobbi had great advice! I agree that sometimes a new consultant gets overwhelmed with all the info. Sit down with her and remind her of her why (or MORE) and ask her if you can help her. Give her basic steps. Words to use when she calls prospective hosts. Ideas on who and how to call. Tell her you'll help her every step of the way. Tell her to schedule her own show first so she can offer that if her contacts say no to a show. Don't go into the show or host coaching at that point.Then when she has even one show on the calendar start host coaching her. Role play. Be the consultant and she plays the host. Then say okay now let's practice again. This time you be the consultant and I'll be the host. This way she sees it from both sides. Even if she was a host before she didn't think of what was going on during host coaching. Then before the show tell her to practice. Make note cards or use the ones in her kit. Make dinner for the family but talk through it. Then talk about it with her. If you divide it all in to baby steps she will be less overwhelmed and will take the steps she needs to succeed.

do you have a grand opening scheduled with her? She will be excited after she sees the fun and response at the grand opening!

PCJenni said:
do you have a grand opening scheduled with her? She will be excited after she sees the fun and response at the grand opening!

That can be a key- if you are able to do the grand-opening WITH her...so she doesn't feel intimidated and overwhelmed by it all. We talked about that this past cluster meeting, about stressing that she would have the support. So many companies, you sign and then you are on your own! PC is so different in that regards.

At our meeting, they said you ask two questions: "When do you want to schedule your kick-off show, (with me there to help)?" and "Which kit do you want?"

Which kit did she get? She might be having trouble finding room for it all in her kitchen, not to mention all the paperwork. I know PC says it's really easy, but both my recruits said they were overwhelmed with everything.

I second or 3rd offering to help her have a kick-off show. 2 weeks? She's already lost momentum...call her up again and be excited about the stuff she can earn for making $1350 in her first 90 days!

Definitely see why she joined and her expectations. Focus on that kick off and bookings asap and nothing else. Then follow beths advise on small bites. Use the guide to supporting new consultants on cc.Also, find out what posible problems or challenges she's come across...there is something that's changed if she's only sold a whisk.

I can't get her to take any time to go over anything. Always too busy. Might be another kit knapper. : (

Then Bless & release. Keep her on your team email - if you send out weekly, biweekly, etc., motivator emails or whatever you may do.You can't make her do it. She has to have the desire. It stinks, but you don't want to waste and pour too much energy into someone who it will make no impact. Don't forget her, but don't spend too much energy on her. Move on and you'll at some point find someone who WILL be motivated.Sorry. :(

I have many consultants on my team who all seemed like "Top Sellers" when they joined. I have come to realize their dreams are different from my dreams for them. That was a biggie for me. I also had to accept that they are adults all capable of greatness, but for some reason choose not to live up to that, and that is OK. It is up to them, I cannot do that for them. I keep in contact with them, offer suggestions when asked, guide them when needed, encourage them, and am always here for them. It is up to them to do the rest.

What are some tips for motivating a new recruit?

1. Set clear expectations: Ensure that the new recruit knows exactly what is expected of them in terms of job duties, performance goals, and company culture.

2. Provide support and resources: Make sure the new recruit has the necessary tools and resources to succeed in their role, and offer support and guidance along the way.

3. Recognize and reward achievements: Positive reinforcement can go a long way in motivating a new recruit. Recognize and celebrate their accomplishments to boost morale and motivation.

4. Communicate openly: Encourage open and honest communication with the new recruit. This can help them feel valued and engaged, and address any challenges or concerns they may have.

5. Lead by example: Be a role model for the new recruit by demonstrating a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and dedication to the company. This can inspire them to do the same and stay motivated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lockhartkitchen