1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Trying to find contact in P3 by address?

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I'm going through receipts and I'm embarrassed to admit that I have a receipt from March that I can't figure out what it's regarding. It's my receipt from the post office. Going by the date, I can't figure out whose show it was from, because the town it was shipped to isn't one that belongs to the hosts I had that month. Is there a way of searching through P3 by town, so I can see who I know from the town that is listed on my receipt? It's throwing me off because it's a parcel instead of just a First Class large envelope. I cannot for the life of me recall this situation. It didn't cost a fortune, so it's no big deal if I can't figure it out. It's just driving me crazy that I shipped something and I can't remember what it was. :D

Nov 11, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I was able to go to "Reports-> Shows-> Host List". Then you can narrow it down by the month, and in the Display Options, check the "Address" box. When the report comes up, you can search for the zip or city or something that you have from the receipt.

But you should still be able to count it as business expense on your taxes, even if it isn't associated with a show. I never am that organized with my receipts!!

Nov 11, 2009
  3. babywings76

I keep thinking that I need a better system. Right now I just save all receipts in a file. Then I compare them w/ my Visa statement. But sometimes there's things on my cc statement that I can't find receipts for. So it's a hassle and it drives me crazy. :D

The dates on a CC statement aren't always accurate, either. So my receipts from the post office say one thing and the cc says something else (because of the post date and the transaction date).

But this mystery expense is baffling me. I just can't think who I know from that town.

Nov 11, 2009
  4. babywings76

Aha! I did the contact report and just scrolled through, glancing at the address. Now I remember. It was someone I met at a show who wanted info on the business. But then she never returned my calls, or e-mails. Eventually she moved. So I lost contact w/ her. How sad is that, that I forgot her name!

Nov 11, 2009
  5. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

You can also export your contacts to Excel, then sort by that column and scroll down alphabetically -or- highlight the town column, do ctrl+F (which will pop up the "find" command) type in the town name and search the document for it that way.

Nov 12, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted