• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying to Figure Out the $1000 Mystery Host Deal

In summary, Ellen offers participants a goodie bag for their participation in her Mystery Host Catalog shows. The goodie bag includes a 30% discount and the chance to win other host benefits.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay, so I've read all of the info, and think that the fliers posted are really nice looking - but I am having a hard time getting past the fact that some of the people may not get anything for their time other than a discount.

I mean - what if someone collects $200 in orders, but they end up getting only the 30% discount? Wouldn't it be more fair for them to turn it in as their own show, and be able to get a 20% discount, free product, and the host bonus for 60% off?

I would love to do this for June - but I just keep thinking how unfair it could turn out to be......

My DH had the same comment!

AT my director's Mystery host shows she had people draw for the perks. So one person got the host special, one person got the free product and one person got the discounts...

Not sure how she pulled that off, but she had MH shows 4 times a year and they were huge hits!

Maybe people like to gamble on getting the $100 in free product (I divide it up and give out two $100 FR prizes)? Mind you, I haven't done this successfully yet, but that is my theory. :)

jbachen said:
Maybe people like to gamble on getting the $100 in free product (I divide it up and give out two $100 FR prizes)? Mind you, I haven't done this successfully yet, but that is my theory. :)

Well in theory, a good theory is as good as a theory gets, right?

All of my Mystery Host Catalog show participants get unlimited 30% off and a goodie bag from me. They only have to collect $100 in orders though so 30% off is a deal plus they have the chance of winning the other host rewards. If they give me $150 or more, they get TWO entries. No complaints so far. One was over $1K and one was only around $500. This time around I am hoping it will be a success again.

I do mine a little differently.
1 gets free product
4 get 1/2 price item
1 gets monthly host special
everyone gets 30% off
if their name wasn't drawn, I get them a gift from my stash (battter bowl, etc.)

You could also look at it this way. If they have $200 in orders and you submit that as a catalog show, the host gets $10 in FPV and 20% off. Suzy Host then wants to order $100 of product for herself.

$100 - $10 - 20% = $72.

If she participates in the Mystery Host show, she gets 30% off:

$100 - 30% = $70.

Now, if Suzy Host isn't ordering more than $75 for herself, it is a better deal for her to submit a $200 catalog show. Anything more, it's a better deal to take advantage of getting at least 30% off with the chance to win more FPV or a half-priced item.

Christ Follower said:
All of my Mystery Host Catalog show participants get unlimited 30% off and a goodie bag from me. They only have to collect $100 in orders though so 30% off is a deal plus they have the chance of winning the other host rewards. If they give me $150 or more, they get TWO entries. No complaints so far. One was over $1K and one was only around $500. This time around I am hoping it will be a success again.

Ellen - can I ask a few questions?

1. What is in your goodie bag?

2. Do you use the Mystery Host Flyer that is on here?

3. Do you offer more than one person free products (like Jean - she breaks up the free product value....)

I have only attempted this once (unsuccessfully). I offered all participants the mini easy read measure cup. Then had a drawing for host benefits. I think I only had 3 partcipate (instead of 10) so I barely had $300 in sales. I really didn't put much effort into it though. I am thinking about trying it in June. I only have 2 shows booked right now. Ugghh!!

I have done both ways and both were amazingly successful:

At Christmas Time ONE person received ALL the Host Benefits (done as a LIVE draw during my Open House)

In March, I advertised it as a 'customer appreciation' where everyone who placed an order would win one of the Host Benefits.

In my opinion, free is free! If YOU are excited that people get a free XXX for placing an order - it will be more appealing to them too. If the placed an order at a show as a guest - the don't necessarily get something for free.

p.s. I think the mini measure all would have been a good idea - and most people would appreciate the free gift - would they???

I am doing the Host Benefit break-down for my big May catalogue show - times are tough right now, so it has affected people's interest - but it will still be about $700 plus AND IT IS ONE MORE SHOW THAT I DID NOT HAVE! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Ellen - can I ask a few questions?

1. What is in your goodie bag?

2. Do you use the Mystery Host Flyer that is on here?

3. Do you offer more than one person free products (like Jean - she breaks up the free product value....)

1. My goodie bag usually has a SB cookbook, some recipe cards, a couple twix-it's, candy, quick-cut paring knife or something similar. It pretty much varies.

2. I used the one on here but edited it a bit.

3. I offer TWO $100 shopping sprees instead of giving all the FPV to one person.

Each of my 10 participants has to pass out their own orders once they come in. So I only have to pass out the stuff to 10 people as opposed to passing out all the orders each of the 10 people collected. Everyone has their own separate receipt, however, each of the 10 getting the discount knows ahead of time that it is all on one person's name and to contact me if there are any product problems. It's basically as if 10 people co-hosted.

As far as the goodie bags go, I think I spend less than $50 or so total. It is an investment, but worth it when I had the $1200 show.

Christ Follower said:
1. My goodie bag usually has a SB cookbook, some recipe cards, a couple twix-it's, candy, quick-cut paring knife or something similar. It pretty much varies.

2. I used the one on here but edited it a bit.

3. I offer TWO $100 shopping sprees instead of giving all the FPV to one person.

Each of my 10 participants has to pass out their own orders once they come in. So I only have to pass out the stuff to 10 people as opposed to passing out all the orders each of the 10 people collected. Everyone has their own separate receipt, however, each of the 10 getting the discount knows ahead of time that it is all on one person's name and to contact me if there are any product problems. It's basically as if 10 people co-hosted.

As far as the goodie bags go, I think I spend less than $50 or so total. It is an investment, but worth it when I had the $1200 show.

Thanks Ellen! It helps to have more info from someone who has done it successfully!

Good luck if you decide to do it Becky! Keep us posted. I am doing it for June again and have 7 people so far. I still need 3 more!

Oh ya...and I gave a second entry to anyone that collected $150 or more.

I am doing it for June as well and need 4 more:cry: I am running out of people to call and the others that are interested are getting antsy to start.

krzymomof4 said:
I am doing it for June as well and need 4 more:cry: I am running out of people to call and the others that are interested are getting antsy to start.

Offer an extra entry to the ones you have if they get $150 or more. That will help if you don't get enough people to do it.

How do you put all this into PPP? If there are four different people who get the half price items, how do you do that since you can only list 2 co-hosts? I'm concerened about those items with the life-time warranties.

I am still on the old Pampered Partner. Even so, you can still only enter in the 2 names. I use the 2 free product winners as the "hosts" but I make it clear to ALL the participants that the items may not necessarily be in their name and to come to me for product adjustments. I do give them the receipt for the item though no matter who's name is on it. I haven't had any problems with product adjustments so far. If they are ordering cookware or something with the lifetime gaurantee, as long as they have the receipt, it doesn't matter who's name is on it. As long as they are aware of that from the very beginning.

krzymomof4 said:

Have them get involved!! Ask them to find recommend another host (since this is a CS, maybe they have a friend or relative from out of state, who then wouldn't be contacting the same circle of friends for orders). Maybe give a bonus gift to anyone who recommends a host who actually signs up for the MH, and another for the one with the most booking recommendations!

Sarah

What is the $1000 Mystery Host Deal?

The $1000 Mystery Host Deal is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef where one lucky customer will have the opportunity to earn $1000 in free products by hosting a party and having their friends and family make purchases.

How do I qualify for the $1000 Mystery Host Deal?

To qualify for the $1000 Mystery Host Deal, you must be a party host and have a minimum of $200 in sales from your party. The more sales you have, the more entries you will receive for a chance to be the mystery host.

When will the $1000 Mystery Host be announced?

The $1000 Mystery Host will be announced at the end of the promotion period. This is usually within a week after the promotion ends. The winner will be notified by email or phone call.

How can I increase my chances of being the $1000 Mystery Host?

You can increase your chances of being the $1000 Mystery Host by having a successful party and making sure your guests make purchases. The more sales you have, the more entries you will have in the drawing.

What can I use my $1000 in free products for?

The $1000 in free products can be used towards any Pampered Chef products, including new releases and special offers. You can also use it towards hosting another party and earning even more rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • alidafrizzell