• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spice Up Your Dip Game with These Delicious Buffalo Chicken Recipes

In summary, the conversation discusses two different recipes for Buffalo Chicken Dip that use a Buffalo Rub. The first recipe, called HOT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP, uses condensed cheddar cheese soup, milk, Buffalo Rub, garlic, chunk white chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, and blue cheese as optional toppings. The second recipe, called BUFFALO RUB CHICKEN DIP, uses cream cheese, canned chicken, Ranch dressing, Bleu Cheese crumbles, Wing Sauce, Buffalo Rub, and cheddar cheese. The conversation also includes tips for using the recipes, such as using fresh chicken instead of canned and doubling the recipe and using a Deep Covered Baker. Overall, the second recipe seems to be preferred by those
kam
Staff member
I would like to try a new Buffalo Chicken Dip (tired of making the same one I always do).

I found these 2 using our rub. Has anyone tried either of these? If so, which one and what were your thoughts?

Dip#1
HOT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP (this was the recipe that was on a display card at conference when the rub was launched)

1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cheddar cheese soup
¼ cup milk
2-3 tbsp Buffalo Rub
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 can (12.5 oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked ( I probably will use fresh chicken-diced)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 oz cream cheese, softened
Crumbled blue cheese, assorted crackers and assorted vegetables (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Combine soup, milk, rub and pressed garlic in (2-qt.) Saucepan. Mix well. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally. Stir in chicken; cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until chicken is hot. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until incorporated.

2. Pour dip into Mini-Baker. Bake 13-15 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven. Top with blue cheese and serve with assorted crackers and vegetables, if desired.

Yield: 20 servings (3½ cups)

Dip#2:
BUFFALO RUB CHICKEN DIP
(I found this one here on CS)
8 oz. cream cheese
1 (10-14 oz) can chicken
1 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup Bleu Cheese crumbles
1/4 cup Wing Sauce (Texas Pete makes a good one)
1 heaping tsp. Pampered Chef Buffalo Rub
4 oz. grated cheddar

Mix everything except the cheddar cheese together. Pour into mini-baker, then sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. Microwave on high for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve it with celery & carrot sticks, and tortilla chips.

#2 is absolutely awesome and it is just as good without the bleu cheese - for those that won't or can't eat it. I hate bleu cheese but love it in this. I usually do this using chicken breasts instead of the canned chicken - even better!

#2 - and cook a couple chicken breasts in the DCB, shred them with the Mix n Chop, and then mix in the rest of the ingredients, sprinkle with the cheese, and heat in the microwave.

I've been doing this for January shows as a Super Bowl Appetizer, along with a quick Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue...and it's been a SMASH hit! Booked my February completely full with people wanting the DCB - and as of Jan. 12th, I had NO February shows on the calendar!

ChefBeckyD said:
#2 - and cook a couple chicken breasts in the DCB, shred them with the Mix n Chop, and then mix in the rest of the ingredients, sprinkle with the cheese, and heat in the microwave.

I've been doing this for January shows as a Super Bowl Appetizer, along with a quick Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue...and it's been a SMASH hit! Booked my February completely full with people wanting the DCB - and as of Jan. 12th, I had NO February shows on the calendar!

I tried shredding them with the mix n chop and it didn't work for me. Do you have a trick, lol?

kam said:
I would like to try a new Buffalo Chicken Dip (tired of making the same one I always do).

I found these 2 using our rub. Has anyone tried either of these? If so, which one and what were your thoughts?

Dip#1
HOT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP (this was the recipe that was on a display card at conference when the rub was launched)

1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cheddar cheese soup
¼ cup milk
2-3 tbsp Buffalo Rub
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 can (12.5 oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked ( I probably will use fresh chicken-diced)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 oz cream cheese, softened
Crumbled blue cheese, assorted crackers and assorted vegetables (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Combine soup, milk, rub and pressed garlic in (2-qt.) Saucepan. Mix well. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally. Stir in chicken; cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until chicken is hot. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until incorporated.

2. Pour dip into Mini-Baker. Bake 13-15 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven. Top with blue cheese and serve with assorted crackers and vegetables, if desired.

Yield: 20 servings (3½ cups)

Dip#2:
BUFFALO RUB CHICKEN DIP
(I found this one here on CS)
8 oz. cream cheese
1 (10-14 oz) can chicken
1 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup Bleu Cheese crumbles
1/4 cup Wing Sauce (Texas Pete makes a good one)
1 heaping tsp. Pampered Chef Buffalo Rub
4 oz. grated cheddar

Mix everything except the cheddar cheese together. Pour into mini-baker, then sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. Microwave on high for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve it with celery & carrot sticks, and tortilla chips.

OOH!! BTW, I double this recipe and put it in the dcb! LOVE IT!!

Thank you! It sure sounds like #2 is the one...but I would still love to keep hearing opinions. Also, if anyone tried #1...since that was supposed to be an official HO recipe that never was.

I might have to try these.

I tried shredding them with the mix n chop and it didn't work for me. Do you have a trick, lol?

Chop down and twist, down and twist...it works like a charm every time! And I'm not gentle. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Chop down and twist, down and twist...it works like a charm every time! And I'm not gentle. :)

Okay. I'll try it again. I guess I'll use a little more manpower this time! :) I really do love this dip!!

ChefBeckyD said:

I still need to try this with the mix n chop... I use the salad choppers to shred my chicken and sell several at every show.

BethCooks4U said:
I still need to try this with the mix n chop... I use the salad choppers to shred my chicken and sell several at every show.

I hate the salad choppers. :eek: I never use them anymore. I've been through 3 pair...the first pair rusted, and the next two both had floppy red lock mechanisms that get in the way of chopping. It's too much bother to try and use them.

ChefBeckyD said:
I hate the salad choppers. :eek: I never use them anymore. I've been through 3 pair...the first pair rusted, and the next two both had floppy red lock mechanisms that get in the way of chopping. It's too much bother to try and use them.
really? I LOVE mine. (actually just used them today). I wash them by hand and air dry them. My only complaint is the spring. wish it were enclosed or more like the scoopers.

ChefBeckyD said:

I have had that problem with the red lock mechanism but then I observed Robin House demo them at a regional event. She held them vertically and kept her left hand behind the chopper with the thumb on the red thingy and chopped with her right hand. It is so much easier that way and less tiring than one handed. Much easier than this may sound.

And sorry but not a fan of condensed soups. I use a variation of #2. Dip#2:
BUFFALO RUB CHICKEN DIP
2 - 8 oz. cream cheese
2 cups boneless chicken breasts - cooked and shredded
1 cup Bleu Cheese dressing
1 8 oz pkg of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
Mix all together and sprinkle top with some of the buffalo rub.Pour into deep dish pie plate. You can 1/2 the recipe. I guess you can microwave it but I always bake it at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly.

doughmama said:
And sorry but not a fan of condensed soups. I use a variation of #2.

Dip#2:
BUFFALO RUB CHICKEN DIP
2 - 8 oz. cream cheese
2 cups boneless chicken breasts - cooked and shredded
1 cup Bleu Cheese dressing
1 8 oz pkg of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
Mix all together and sprinkle top with some of the buffalo rub.

Pour into deep dish pie plate. You can 1/2 the recipe. I guess you can microwave it but I always bake it at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly.

We don't do condensed soups either. :chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
We don't do condensed soups either. :chef:
yeah, can't even look at a recipe with it. same with canned chicken. with the micro cooker, so easy to cook up a few breasts. probably cheaper too.

I've done recipe #1 and love it. I have a hard time not eating the whole recipe in one sitting! It's super easy and I almost always have the ingredients on hand (one reason why I like the canned ingredients!)

I also add one or two stalks of chopped celery to the dip. It gives the dip a nice crunch.

1. Can I make this buffalo dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this buffalo dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Simply reheat it in the oven or microwave before serving.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese in this buffalo dip?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese, such as cheddar or pepper jack, in this buffalo dip. However, it may alter the taste and consistency slightly.

3. Can I use a slow cooker to make this buffalo dip?

Yes, you can make this buffalo dip in a slow cooker. Just combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.

4. Can I add extra spice to this buffalo dip?

Yes, you can add extra spice to this buffalo dip by increasing the amount of hot sauce or adding cayenne pepper to taste. However, be cautious as too much spice can overpower the flavor of the dip.

5. What are some good serving suggestions for this buffalo dip?

This buffalo dip can be served with tortilla chips, crackers, or celery sticks. It also makes a great topping for baked potatoes or as a spread for sandwiches and wraps.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MaryannNic
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies