• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Strong Smell from Your Trunk Organizer? Here's What You Can Do!

In summary, trunk organizers may emit a strong odor due to the durable materials used in manufacturing, but this is normal and will dissipate over time. To remove lingering odors, leave the organizer open in a well-ventilated area or use fabric refresher spray. It is not recommended to wash the organizer, but spot cleaning is possible. The smell does not indicate low-quality materials and is not harmful or toxic, but it is advised to air out the organizer if sensitive to scents.
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
I was excited to get the trunk organizer, but it has a very strong vinyl smell. I left it out of the bag for a week now, and the smell hasn't gone away. Does anybody else have this problem?

ALL of the black stuff smells like that!! :(
My men's totes and apron smelled like that, but by now they are fine. (I washed my apron 2 times and dried it with dryer sheets.) Maybe try rubbing dryer sheets all over it??
Good Luck :)

I would also call PC and let them know and what they suggest. It would be good info to have in case we get customer calls about the smell.

Interesting. I don't have the Trunk Organizer, but my black Insulated Cooler doesn't have a bad smell.

Update--I contacted HO, and they exchanged it for another one. Which smells worse than the first one:yuck: Do I really want that in the back of my car?

1. Why does my trunk organizer have a strong smell?

Our trunk organizers are made from durable materials that may emit a slight odor upon first use. This is normal and will dissipate over time.

2. How do I get rid of the smell in my trunk organizer?

To remove any lingering odors, we recommend leaving the organizer open in a well-ventilated area for a few days. You can also try using a fabric refresher spray or placing a few dryer sheets inside.

3. Can I wash my trunk organizer to get rid of the smell?

It is not recommended to wash the organizer as it may damage the material. However, you can spot clean it with a mild detergent and water if needed.

4. Does the smell mean the trunk organizer is made from low-quality materials?

No, the smell is simply a result of the materials used in the manufacturing process. Our trunk organizers are made from high-quality, durable materials that are built to last.

5. Is the smell harmful or toxic?

The smell from our trunk organizers is not harmful or toxic. However, if you are sensitive to certain scents, we recommend airing out the organizer before use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mandy412
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • jenniferlynne