• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What went wrong with my Truffle Brownie Cups?

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for Truffle Brownie Cups. The person had trouble with the batter being too thick and not settling into the muffin pan, but found success using a tart shaper to create indentations. They also experienced a mishap with overflowing whipping cream, but received suggestions to stir the cream and decrease the amount of ganache. The recipe is a hit and can be customized with various toppings. There is also discussion about using the food chopper and the weight watchers points of the recipe.
LeanneB.
I made a practice batch of the following recipe for a show on Sat. and I have a few questions. My batter was extremely thick and didn't seem to settle into the wells of the mini muffin pan. I actually scooped it with the small scoop and they held that shape. When they baked, they didn't spread much and then when I used the tart shaper, they didn't have much of an indentation.

I then over-flowed the whipping cream as it was heating in the microwave. Ahhhhh! Any suggestions on this? It was an awful mess that I would not want to inflict on a show host. Before I give up on this... anyone have some ideas on what went wrong? :grumpy:

Truffle Brownie Cups
Contributed by: byrd1956
Posted on: 09-17-2008

Ingredients Needed:
Nonstick cooking spray with flour (see Cook's Tip)
1 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
2 tbsp butter (do not substitute margarine)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Assorted garnishes such as orange zest, maraschino cherries, toasted sliced almonds and whipped topping (optional)

Cooking Tools:
Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan
Classic Batter Bowl
Small Mix ‘N Scraper
Mini-Tart Shaper
Easy Read Measuring Cup
Stainless Whisk
Stackable Cooling Rack
Mini-Tart Shaper
Utility Knife

Cooking Instructions:
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray wells of with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Place 2/3 cup of the chocolate morsels and butter into . Microwave on HIGH 40-60 seconds or until smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Add sugar and egg to batter bowl; mix until blended using ®. Add flour; mix just until flour is incorporated. Using two teaspoons, divide batter evenly among wells, filling wells about two-thirds full. Using , gently tap batter to create level tops. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. (Do not overbake.)

Meanwhile, pour cream into Easy Read Measuring Cup; microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until hot. Pour cream into clean batter bowl with remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels; whisk until smooth with Stainless Whisk. Place batter bowl into freezer 10-12 minutes or until mixture is cool and starting to thicken, stirring after each 5-minute interval. Spoon ganache into resealable plastic bag.

Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 2 minutes. Press tops of brownies with Mini-Tart Shaper to make indentations. Cool in pan 3 minutes. Carefully remove brownies from pan. Trim corner of bag using Utility Knife to allow ganache to flow through. Pipe ganache evenly into brownie cups. Garnish as desired.

Yield: 24 servings

The batter IS very thick, you need to level off the batter with the tart shaper before baking (it is in the instructions). Then watch the time carefully after they are out of the oven, don't wait too long before making the indentations, or they will be too firm. It doesn't need to be much of a well.

I guess with the cream, I would stir it every 30 seconds, and watch it carefully to make sure it doesn't boil over. I always find it makes way too much ganache, I usually decrease the recipe to 2/3 the amount (meaning 1/2 cup cream and 2/3 cup choc), and IMO there is still plenty. I will often use the EAD at a show to fill them, people love using it! And for toppings, I usually only do sliced almonds (toast them in the 8" pan if you want to show it off) and maraschino cherries, although sliced strawberries would be nice too (use the core and more and egg slicer plus if you have them).

One more thing - I LOVE this recipe, it is so yummy!! One thing you can tell them is that it is great for entertainging because it is so quickand easy, you can very easily make a double batch, and you can freeze any leftovers if you want to (even once filled).

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the tips. I used the EAD for the ganache and that was so easy.... I think that I need to perfect this one first before getting ready to demo.:blushing:

I also love this recipe! You can put almost anything on top. My favorite is crushed up heath bar... And you demo the food chopper to do that. Other than that we usually do maraschino cherries and chopped pecans... Sometimes just whipped cream. Always a huge hit. And I agree, you have to make small indents before you put them in the oven and then again right after. And there is usually a ton of the ganache. Don't give up on them, you will fall in love with them! I wonder how many weight watchers points they are.... will have to check that out!

My experience was the same as AnnieBee. For the cups, I remember flattening them before they baked and then making the small indents while they were still warm and a tad undercooked. It is easiest and cleanest when you make the indents at this time - you can always put them back in to bake a little longer. And yes, the recipe makes too much ganache for the amount of brownies it makes...but it is freezable (yum!)

Get_Pampered said:
My experience was the same as AnnieBee. For the cups, I remember flattening them before they baked and then making the small indents while they were still warm and a tad undercooked. It is easiest and cleanest when you make the indents at this time - you can always put them back in to bake a little longer. And yes, the recipe makes too much ganache for the amount of brownies it makes...but it is freezable (yum!)

Mine would never make it to the freezer!

It's also really good warmed up and served over ice cream...serve it over coffee ice cream, and add some mocha hazelnut sprinkles!:chef:

Mmmm, you are giving me a sweet tooth and it is way too early here for dessert

These are super good made with dark chocolate chips, too.

I am really on the fence whether to go for this on Sat. The show that I did that this host booked off of was kind of flop - I didn't let the pudding set up for a trifle. Everyone was cool, but I really want this demo to look great so I can get some major bookings (also using booking slide for first time)

It is this or the peanut butter torte.... I just don't know.... decisions.....

Try this one again at home, and freeze it for later use if you don't want to have to eat it!

I REALLY love this recipe, so I think it's worth trying one more time... It is so easy, quick and tastes SO good :).

One more tip - use a citrus peeler to ease out any of the brownies that stick. Most don't, but there always seems to be a couple that don't pop right out.

Practice it again. I really think this is a great recipe, too. Mine never look as perfect as the picture or the video of HO making it but I still get oohs and ahhs and the flavor is amazing! Don't give up on it :)

I LOVE this recipe, but I never use it for a demo, I don't think it really shows alot of products. BUT...what I do is I take them with me to a show already made, but not decorated. I also bring a bunch of toppings & let everyone make their own!! i.e....chopped nuts,cool whip in the EAD,sprinkles etc....everyone gets a kick out of it!

I forgot, you can use different flavors of chips too... one time I used the caramel swirl chips and those were really good. I'll bet the mint chips would be good too. Or maybe peanut butter or butterscotch... the possibilities along with the different toppings are endless. I wouldn't recommend using different chips for your demo but maybe talk about the different options during your demo, to show the flexibility of the recipe.

1. What is a Truffle Brownie Cup?

A Truffle Brownie Cup is a delicious and decadent dessert made with a rich, fudgy brownie base and a creamy truffle filling. It is perfect for satisfying your chocolate cravings and impressing guests at any gathering.

2. How do I make Truffle Brownie Cups?

The recipe for Truffle Brownie Cups is simple and can be found on our website or in our recipe books. It involves making a batch of brownie batter, pouring it into a muffin tin, and then filling each cup with a mixture of chocolate and cream before baking. Full instructions are provided in the recipe.

3. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the truffle filling?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer for the truffle filling. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate all work well in this recipe. You can also add in other flavors like mint or peanut butter for a twist on the classic truffle.

4. How should I store Truffle Brownie Cups?

Truffle Brownie Cups can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. If you want to keep them longer, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just be sure to bring them to room temperature before serving for the best taste and texture.

5. Can I freeze Truffle Brownie Cups?

Yes, Truffle Brownie Cups can be frozen for up to three months. Be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container before placing them in the freezer. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC