• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experiencing Problems with UPS Tracking?

In summary, UPS is having some trouble with their tracking system, but it seems to be working for some people.
luvs2sellit
Is anyone else having trouble with there tracking for UPS? I know that it will show a used ship date and location for a while then show the correct one. Well, it is not showing the correct one at all anymore. Anybody know what is up? :confused:

if you hit the blue words that says track entire shipment it will show you were it is at the current time

Yes, I know about that. Thanks. But I used to be able to see when the delivery date was. Not anymore.

I can't speak for UPS, but my suspicion is that the shear volume of shipments from PC overwhelms their system. I'm also not entirely sure that the PC computer keeps up with shipments. In the case of UPS, they have to recycle the tracking numbers because they're just plain out of them.

Not long ago, the Consultant's Corner listed one of my orders as "Picking." As I was looking at it, the doorbell rang and it was the Brown guy dropping that shipment on my porch.

I am having the same problem, I thought it was just me. I can click and see where it is at, but not when the expected delivery date it. However I have learned that it takes a full 7 days to reach me, so I look at the date they sent the billing info and add 7, and that's when it will show up ruffly, if they don't stop sending it to San Fransico. I think the UPS is crazy, every shipment for the last two monthes I will look and see that it reached San Pablo which is the main distribution port for bay area, but instead of sending it to ukiah like they are suppose to they send it to San Fran., and then a note is put on will not deliver. It's driving me insane!!!!!!! :mad:

UPS Tracking SolutionI noticed on my last show that UPS still showed the previous tracking information--prior to the 'recycle'. Lucky for me the order was for my mother, and she is in management at UPS. She could look it up herself at work.
Having said that, just take your tracking number and call UPS. They have an automated system that will help you find out where the package is currently. For those of you in the States, call 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877). Until the problem is resolved, this is your best solution to service your customers. It may have just been a large number of Pampered Chef orders hitting the UPS system all at once. I think the last week of the month is a bad time in Addison's UPS center!! Especially, the last week before Changeover Kits and Samples come out!!! Imagine 70,000 Consultants seeing the samples and ordering them at the same time!!!!! UPS is usually pretty good about customer service, almost as good as PC!! I hate to tell lots of people to flood their customer service lines. So, if your customer is wondering....just give them a quick call!!

I am having somewhat of a different problem with one of my tracking #'s. I did a small show sometime last week and sent it through. The order contained a few items to be delivered to my house (for my husband's coworker who was the host of the show - she didn't want it to go to her home because she isn't there during the day). The order contained two out of state orders from co workers in other offices. Well the shipment for the host was delivered this past Monday. One outside order was delivered to TX the same day. When I look up the other outside order, which I think is going to TX also, I get this information:

UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.

Why would the rest of the order have been picked up and not this one? I checked Tax information to be sure it's right, and it is so I'm confused as to what would have held this one up. I have emailed the customer to see if maybe she has received it and UPS just isn't updated or something but I haven't heard back. Anyone else ever see this??

This sounds like UPS tried to deliver the package but no one was home. I would call UPS and see if this customer lives in an area where a signature is required for delivery.

No problems..for me here...I just checked and it is working for my Sample package...it says delivery date of tomorrow, but I am getting it today! Happy dance :D :D :D :D

I get it as well but I have noticed that if I go back a day or so later I then get the correct date.

UPS ProblemsOne problem I encountered, the tracking number showed the pkg was delivered almost ONE YEAR AGO!!!, and to an address in TEXAS. It was supposed to be going to OKLA. I called UPS, and was told they actually reuse the tracking numbers, so all the information my tracking number showed was actually for a pkg sent almost one year ago. Now isn't that helpful, and how would be of known that. I think UPS should be able to do better than that don't you. I did finally receive it, but it took longer than it should of. :)

I think we've pretty well established that UPS tracking numbers are recycled but I find it amusing how we've become so obsessed with tracking packages. Even Santa Claus can't leave the North Pole without NORAD tracking him! The days of eager anticipation for the arrival of a shipment is just gone. When I know the UPS truck has something for me, Meredith Wilson's delightful song, Wells Fargo Wagon, from The Music Man starts playing in my head.

Outgoing shipments can be a problem, too. For many years, I used to schlep my boxes to a UPS counter that is about a dozen miles from me, a complete PITA but the trade-off was for reliable and trackable shipping. These days, though, the shipping business has gotten very competitive and if you're careful, you can save a great deal of money by comparing UPS, FedEx and USPS before you ship AND another competitor, DHL, is getting into the mix. All four are very reliable.

FWIW, for outgoing shipments I've started to use FedEx. You can print shipping labels and pre-pay from the web site of either FedEx or UPS. There are drop-offs for both close to my home. (There is a FedEx drop-off at almost every Kinko's and UPS is developing a network of UPS stores.) Usually, but not always, FedEx shipping rates are often a couple of bucks less than UPS. Both are almost always more economical than USPS. More importantly, by pre-printing and pre-paying from a web site, you get to avoid that long lines at the post office.

My last delivery in Feb. was the first time the status was not updated until the day of delivery. I know UPS recycles numbers. I still received the package in a timely manner.

There is no need to worry unless your packages do not arrive within a reasonable time. I think we forget about unforeseen circumstances sometimes. Last week there was a huge snowstorm in the NE; I think that probably affected some deliveries since NYC is a hub for UPS.

1. How can I track my package from Pampered Chef through UPS?

To track your package, simply visit the UPS website and enter your tracking number provided by Pampered Chef. This will give you real-time updates on the location and estimated delivery time of your package.

2. My tracking information hasn't been updated in a few days. Is there a problem with my package?

In rare cases, there may be delays or glitches with the UPS tracking system. If your tracking information has not been updated in a few days, we recommend contacting UPS directly for more information or reaching out to our customer service team for assistance.

3. Can I change the shipping address or delivery date for my Pampered Chef package?

If your package has not yet been shipped, you may be able to make changes to the shipping address or delivery date. Please contact our customer service team as soon as possible to make any necessary changes. Once the package has been shipped, changes may not be possible.

4. My package shows as delivered, but I have not received it. What should I do?

If your package shows as delivered but you have not received it, we recommend checking with neighbors or building management to see if it was delivered to the wrong address. If you are still unable to locate your package, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

5. My package was marked as "undeliverable" by UPS. What does this mean and what should I do?

Undeliverable packages may be due to incorrect shipping information, a missing or incorrect apartment/suite number, or other issues. Please contact our customer service team for assistance in reshipping your package or issuing a refund if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tiffanypc05
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • christinaspc
  • General Chat
Replies