• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Microwave Cake? Help me perfect this recipe before May!

In Summary, Linda is not sure why her strawberry cake mix recipe turned out soggy, but she suspects that it may have something to do with the pan she is using or the recipe she is following. Linda recommends using a different cake mix, or waiting until she perfects the recipe before demoing it.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
I would love to perfect this recipe before May because it is a great HWC recipe. Whenever I make it it looks gross. It comes out soggy and basically like a pink wet sponge. Here is the recipe take a look and tell me if these are the wrong ingredients or instructions or what!? :confused:

Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake

1 strawberry cake mix
(if you can't find strawberry you can use white, add 1-2 drops red food color and an extra tsp of strawberry extract)
1 tsp. strawberry extract
½ cup white chocolate chips
1 (3 oz. box) cheesecake pudding mix
16 oz. sour cream
½ cup oil
3 eggs
Garnish: whipped topping and fresh Strawberry fans.

Spray your Stoneware Fluted Pan lightly and dust with flour. Whisk eggs and pudding mix together in Classic Batter Bowl. Add remaining ingredients, blending well with Mix N' Scraper. Drop batter into Fluted pan and microwave on high 12-14 minutes. If you don't have a turntable, rotate every 4-5 minutes. Invert cakes immediately, but leave pan over the cake for 10 minutes. Cool. Garnish (Flour Sugar Shaker filled with powdered sugar, fresh strawberry fans made with your Egg Slicer Plus, fresh mints snipped with your Kitchen Shears) as desired.

Until I figure out what I'm doing wrong I am not going to demo this. I have not invested in the Fluted Pan yet. I made it in the Square Pan. Do you think it is because I'm using the wrong pan? Help me Help me!!

From memory, that looks like the recipe I've used. I always bring it pre-made to my May shows and I know what you mean about that soggy look. I actually take a paper towel and dab it up first, let it cool, then I sprinkle the powdered sugar on it. If I'm doing the recipe at a show, I know I wouldn't want to do that because it would look strange. I don't think you're doing anything wrong with the recipe. Is the cake still "normal" on the inside and not soggy there? The cake is so moist when I do it, so maybe it needs to do this. I'm always scared to do the recipe at shows because everyone's microwave is different and I've perfected it on mine. It does always wow people though to see it pop out, so I may have to rethink that. Good luck! :D

The cake was soggy inside and out. I had a microwave cake at a fellow consultant's house for Bunco and it was great! It looked spongy on the outside but was just moist cake on the inside.

When I made it it was like eating a Tres Leche cake--very very wet.

The only thing different with the recipe I have is there is no strawberry extract. I wouldn't think that would make a difference between it not working though. I've never had a problem with the cake. Can you microwave it a little longer? Maybe it just needs more cooking time. Maybe try a different strawberry cake mix brand.

I don't have a solution but a question - can this cake be baked in the Rice Cooker Plus ? I don't have a fluted pan yet but would love to try this recipe.

Thanks in advance, Linda

Have other microwave cakes you've made turned out ok? I NEVER do microwave cakes. I've tried THREE different times and each time, it was burned one side and totally UNCOOKED on the other. My microwave does have a turntable so I'm not sure why this happens. I vowed last time that I would never do it again.

I havent done the strawberry cake but I do the Reese's Chocolate cake in fluted stone in the microwave all the time. I have probably done it a dozen or more times and it comes out perfect every time. Now it is not pretty when you invert it which is why you drizzle it with peanut butter and then with the chocolate icing but the texture and the presentation with the drizzle is beautiful especially on the simple additions lage square plate. Hope that helps.

This has been the only microwave cake I have tried. It is not imperative that I master it. I thought it would be a nice addition to my HWC repetoire. Oh well. Thanks for the tips and suggestions.

1. Why is my microwave cake coming out dry and tough?

There are a few possible reasons for this. One common mistake is overcooking the cake. Make sure to follow the recommended cooking time for your specific microwave. Another reason could be using too much flour or not enough liquid in the batter. Be sure to measure your ingredients accurately. Finally, check that your microwave is functioning properly and is not overheating the cake.

2. My microwave cake is overflowing. How can I prevent this?

This is likely due to using too small of a baking dish. Make sure to use a microwave-safe dish that is the appropriate size for the amount of batter you are using. Also, leave some room for the cake to rise in the dish without overflowing.

3. Can I use a regular cake mix to make a microwave cake?

Yes, you can use a regular cake mix to make a microwave cake. However, you may need to adjust the ingredients and cooking time to accommodate the different cooking method. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box and make any necessary adjustments for microwave baking.

4. My microwave cake is not rising. What went wrong?

There are a few possible reasons for this. One common mistake is using expired or old baking powder. Make sure to check the expiration date and use fresh ingredients. Another reason could be not mixing the batter thoroughly enough. Be sure to mix the batter until it is smooth and there are no lumps. Finally, check that your microwave is functioning properly and is not undercooking the cake.

5. How do I know when my microwave cake is done?

The best way to determine if your microwave cake is done is to insert a toothpick or knife into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done. You can also gently press on the top of the cake - if it springs back, it is likely done. Keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on your microwave, so it's best to check the cake a few minutes before the recommended cooking time is up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ajnewchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ajnewchef
  • PampMomof3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies