1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Tropical Torte substitute

1. ChefChris

ChefChris Member Gold Member

Does anyone have a substitute for the mango sorbet in the Tropical Torte? Mango sorbet isn't available in remote locations and would like to know if anyone has tried it with something else.

May 4, 2009
  2. teresah551393

teresah551393 Member

I have heard of peach, or try any fruit sorbet you can find.

3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I've done it with peach, it tasted fine.

4. JaimeAnnR

JaimeAnnR Member

where in MN are you? i went to rainbow first and didn't find it, but cub did have it.

otherwise, yeah i was thinking about using peach when i didn't find it on my first trip looking for it...

May 6, 2009
  5. LDelgado35

LDelgado35 Gold Member

I've used orange sherbet and pineapple sherbet with great success. The pineapple sherbet was good with Coconut Cream pudding instead of vanilla too!

May 6, 2009
  6. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

By the way, I turned this into a trifle and everyone loved it. I used the whole pint of mango sherbet and 16 oz of cool whip; because we did it outside (by a swimming pool and I had no microwave) I left out the "microwave with mint leaves" step. I just garnished the top with the mint sprigs at the end. ​

Attached Files:

May 8, 2009
  7. muffetts

muffetts Member Gold Member

I modified the Creamy Mojito Torte to go with the pound cake. It's attached.

Attached Files:

May 8, 2009
  8. TrishPCMommy

TrishPCMommy Member Gold Member

I've tried strawberry sorbet and white chocolate pudding mix... no pineapple, but cut fresh strawberries with the egg slicer for decoration on top of the yummy strawberry "sauce" (no mint "infusion" either!)

May 14, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted