• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Substitute Mango Sorbet in a Tropical Torte?

In summary, a Tropical Torte Substitute is a quick and easy dessert made with Pampered Chef's Tropical Torte Mix. It can be used as a substitute for traditional tortes and requires minimal effort. The main ingredients needed are the mix, cream cheese, whipped topping, and crushed pineapple, with optional additions such as shredded coconut and chopped nuts. To make it, prepare the crust, mix the cream cheese and whipped topping, add in the pineapple and optional ingredients, and chill before serving. Other fruits can be used instead of pineapple, and the mix used is gluten-free, but it is important to check the labels of additional ingredients for gluten.
ChefChris
Gold Member
Does anyone have a substitute for the mango sorbet in the Tropical Torte? Mango sorbet isn't available in remote locations and would like to know if anyone has tried it with something else.

I have heard of peach, or try any fruit sorbet you can find.

I've done it with peach, it tasted fine.

where in MN are you? i went to rainbow first and didn't find it, but cub did have it.otherwise, yeah i was thinking about using peach when i didn't find it on my first trip looking for it...

I've used orange sherbet and pineapple sherbet with great success. The pineapple sherbet was good with Coconut Cream pudding instead of vanilla too!

By the way, I turned this into a trifle and everyone loved it. I used the whole pint of mango sherbet and 16 oz of cool whip; because we did it outside (by a swimming pool and I had no microwave) I left out the "microwave with mint leaves" step. I just garnished the top with the mint sprigs at the end.​

Attachments

• Tropical Torte Trifle with Blueberries.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 320
I modified the Creamy Mojito Torte to go with the pound cake. It's attached.

Attachments

• Modified Creamy Mojito torte.doc
    34 KB · Views: 356
I've tried strawberry sorbet and white chocolate pudding mix... no pineapple, but cut fresh strawberries with the egg slicer for decoration on top of the yummy strawberry "sauce" (no mint "infusion" either!)

What is a Tropical Torte Substitute?

A Tropical Torte Substitute is a delicious and refreshing dessert that can be made using Pampered Chef's Tropical Torte Mix. It is a perfect substitute for traditional tortes that require a lot of time and effort to make.

What ingredients do I need to make a Tropical Torte Substitute?

The main ingredients needed for a Tropical Torte Substitute are the Pampered Chef Tropical Torte Mix, cream cheese, whipped topping, and crushed pineapple. Optional ingredients include shredded coconut and chopped nuts for added flavor and texture.

How do I make a Tropical Torte Substitute?

To make a Tropical Torte Substitute, start by preparing the crust according to the instructions on the Pampered Chef Tropical Torte Mix. Then, mix together the cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Add in the crushed pineapple and any optional ingredients, and pour the mixture onto the prepared crust. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.

Can I use a different fruit instead of pineapple in the Tropical Torte Substitute?

Yes, you can use a different fruit instead of pineapple in the Tropical Torte Substitute. Some popular alternatives include mandarin oranges, peaches, or mixed berries. Just make sure to drain any excess liquid from the fruit before adding it to the mixture.

Is the Tropical Torte Substitute gluten-free?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Tropical Torte Mix used to make the Tropical Torte Substitute is gluten-free. However, make sure to check the labels of any additional ingredients you use to ensure they are also gluten-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookin to the top
  • Chefcouts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • MrsCaleb
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies