• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Lemon Pound Cake Trifle - a Big Hit at Dinner!

well...frozen?It does, but I'm a big fan of the box mix. It's so easy to make and to have on hand!I am going to have to try this sometime....and I love trifle!I made my trifle last night with 3 layers of pound cake and a layer of whipped cream. Very pretty.Fun idea. We just ran out of time to get it done for the show. Is it possible to do it ahead of time? I would love
chefmelody
Just thought I'd share the picture of my pretty trifle:http://brightdreamer.net/mypics/trifle.jpgI made it with lemon pound cake, vanilla pudding, strawberries, and cool whip. It was a big hit at dinner with the in-laws!Also, found a good way to make quick lemon pound cake:1 box lemon cake mix
1 4-serving-size box instant vanilla pudding (lemon would probably work too, stronger flavor!)
1/2 cup melted butter
4 eggs
1 cup waterMix with a hand mixer for 30 sec. on low, then 2 min. on medium. Spray large bar pan with Baker's Joy. Pour in batter. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely. Slice with serrated bread knife.It was too much cake for one trifle, but hey, the extra cubes can be used for other things later! :D

Last edited:
Very pretty. You told me how long it took to make. How long did it take to eat?

That is beautiful!!

Very pretty. You told me how long it took to make. How long did it take to eat?
Heh, about 5 minutes! :p There were 6 people eating, and only a tiny bit was leftover!

Something that's been bugging me about this trifle thing. I have never made or been served something like that. It looks fantastic, but how the heck to you serve it? Really long tools? Does it fall in on itself?

How Pretty! How long DID it take you to make it??

The first thing that comes to mind is the Bamboo spatula or spoons. Too bad the serving spoon has been discontinued...

What about the ladle?

LisaVH said:
Something that's been bugging me about this trifle thing. I have never made or been served something like that. It looks fantastic, but how the heck to you serve it? Really long tools? Does it fall in on itself?

I just used a large serving spoon. You don't have to scoop through all the layers for each serving! I just went with the top layers for the first few, then dug down deeper. It didn't collapse, really, until I got to the end. Just as long as you get some of each layer (down through the first layer of pound cake), it's fine. It looks just like a big swirly mixture when you serve it, but mmm, it's good.

hoosierchef said:
How Pretty! How long DID it take you to make it??

Well, I kind of did it in bits and pieces throughout the day... making the pound cake, washing strawberries, mixing up pudding, slicing lemons, etc. I wouldn't think more than an hour overall. I was cleaning in-between! :D Putting it all together was the easy part... I don't think that took more than about 10 minutes.

Of course, I have no sense of time...

Very pretty..the lemons make it look sooooooo springy.... and happy ; )

mmmm.....I am hungry!!!

That is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that is very pretty! I think I'm going to attempt a trifle this week.

mom2leelee said:
Wow that is very pretty! I think I'm going to attempt a trifle this week.

It really wasn't all that hard to do! The only problem I had was making sure I didn't get Cool Whip on the sides of the bowl when I spread it in the first layer.

<<sigh>> I LOVE trifles. So yummy and such a comfort food, IMHO.:)

It looks great!! I can't wait to get my bowl!

Will it come with our sample orders? I earned mine, so I wonder when I get it.....GRRRRRR!!!!

I got my sample order already but no trifle...

Jilleysue said:
Will it come with our sample orders? I earned mine, so I wonder when I get it.....GRRRRRR!!!!

It was the free item that we got for submiting two shows in December.

Mine came with my Sell-a-Thon stuff, which was a pleasant surprise. I think I heard they're supposed to ship by the 31st, so I was also surprised to get mine so early!

Last edited:
mine came with my sell-a-thon stuff it all came on last Wed. I was very surprised that it all came together and I thought it came pretty early. And then on Sat. I got my change over paper work.

YEah!!!!!!!

Heather

chefmelody said:
It really wasn't all that hard to do! The only problem I had was making sure I didn't get Cool Whip on the sides of the bowl when I spread it in the first layer.

Soooooooooooooooooo....are you going to do this at one of your Spring shows??? Waht do ya think... is it doable at a show?? Probably make cake ahead??

Soo pretty! That is what I always loved about trifle bowls and always wanted one! Now mine is on it's way and I cannot wait to make something in it!

PCGINA said:
Soooooooooooooooooo....are you going to do this at one of your Spring shows??? Waht do ya think... is it doable at a show?? Probably make cake ahead??
Doesn't the PC trifle recipe use frozen poundcake that is premade?

jenniferlynne said:
It was the free item that we got for submiting two shows in December.

You got your samples. We ordered on the same night..When did you get them???? :mad:

Uh oh, she is gonna explode labels everywhere! Don't get her mad!

Ooops Gillian that was meant for you. We ordered on the same night....LOL. Member I jumped on and Samples were on and we ordered. When did you get yours???

Oh, I got them Friday night but stuff is shipped 2nd day air to AK. You should get them tomorrow or the next day I would think!

WEll then I am moving !!! FOR SURE!!!! LOL

That is beautiful! I am going to have to make one of those soon!

Jilleysue said:
WEll then I am moving !!! FOR SURE!!!! LOL
I'd rather have a 3 week lag and live in Florida than get fast EXPENSIVE shipping dumped in the snow!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA..are you sure. We are sure freaking when we want our shipments and these new products are coming out. HAHAHA, that was funny. Yeah I wouldn't want the snow either...LOL

TrifleI am so happy because I love trifles a nd make them all the time. So glad they came out with the new trifle bowl.
I will be making one for work on Friday called a Turtle Trifle.:)

mary k said:
I am so happy because I love trifles a nd make them all the time. So glad they came out with the new trifle bowl.
will you share that recipe for turtle trifle??

That looks GREAT!!! Okay I am inspired! ;)

I am going to tease with the trifle bowl at my February shows! I am going to have it covered in a cloth, and tell people that the new cover item is under this cloth. When the book in March or April, they get to peek. That way I am enticing them to book without losing out on anything if the show falls through!!

Cute Idea Gillian!!! I would also let them draw a prize out of it maybe that they get at the show when you go there.

chefmelody said:
Just thought I'd share the picture of my pretty trifle:

http://brightdreamer.net/mypics/trifle.jpg

I made it with lemon pound cake, vanilla pudding, strawberries, and cool whip. It was a big hit at dinner with the in-laws!

Also, found a good way to make quick lemon pound cake:

1 box lemon cake mix
1 4-serving-size box instant vanilla pudding (lemon would probably work too, stronger flavor!)
1/2 cup melted butter
4 eggs
1 cup water

Mix with a hand mixer for 30 sec. on low, then 2 min. on medium. Spray large bar pan with Baker's Joy. Pour in batter. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely. Slice with serrated bread knife.

It was too much cake for one trifle, but hey, the extra cubes can be used for other things later! :D

Wow - that looks amazing!!
Was it easy to make - do you think it'll make a decent demo recipe?

mary k said:
I am so happy because I love trifles a nd make them all the time. So glad they came out with the new trifle bowl.

REcipe please??

Salad Recipes for Trifle Bowl?Does anyone have a salad recipe for the Trifle Bowl?

Suzy in Texas

dannyzmom said:
Wow - that looks amazing!!
Was it easy to make - do you think it'll make a decent demo recipe?
I think so! I'd have the cake made beforehand (or buy a pre-made one). I think making it would be better, though, so I can show off stoneware! :D The lemons are sliced with the Ultimate Mandoline, the pudding made in a SS bowl, measuring the milk with an easy-read measuring cup, and whisk with the wire whisk. The strawberries are hulled with the Core n' More, and sliced with any of the knives. The strawberry garnish on top is with the egg slicer. The bread can be sliced on the large cutting board with the bread knife. Use a mix n' scraper to pile everything in the bowl, then the EAD to decorate, of course! I'd even do some lemon peel with the microplane grater to sprinkle on top, next time.I think it'll be a great demo recipe. It's basically just a modified version of the lime-berry trifle that's featured this season.

Last edited:
I think I have a new use for the Trifle Bowl, which I just got today (FREE, for doing two shows in December!). I'm going to get a second one to make a terrarium in it.

Trish in Texas
Future Director & Recruiter

Turtle trifle8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened (you can substitute an 8 ounce package of cream cheese here if you want)
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 lbs frozen pecan pie, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/3 cup chocolate fudge topping
1/3 cup caramel topping
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)

:) Beat mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, and vanilla extract in a large bowl at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and firm.
Place half of pie cubes in bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or tall, clear 4-quart glass bowl.
Spread half of whipped cream mixture over pie cubes.
Drizzle with half each of chocolate fudge topping and caramel topping.
Sprinkle with half of chopped pecans.
Repeat layers.
Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
**Cook time does not include toasting the pecans, defrosting the pie, or refrigeration time.

"Turtle trifle"

OMG!! That sounds soooooooooooooooooo yummy!!

Chocolate Cherry TrifleOk, I saw this recipe on "Nigella Feasts" on the Food Network a while back and I thought it looked fantastic! Now that PC has a trifle bowl, it seems like a good time to give it a try! However, she makes her own homemade chocolate custard and uses cherry brandy, so for my purposes I thought it needed a little tweaking to make it a little more cook and family friendly. Here's my modified version.....

Chocolate Cherry Trifle
2 (approximately 12 ounces each) chocolate pound cakes
1/2 cup black cherry jam
2 cups drained bottled sour cherries, reserve juice (recommended: Morello)
1/2 cup reserved cherry juice (she used cherry brandy, but said you could use the cherry juice instead and that would work just as well)
1 large size package chocolate pudding & ingredients to make pudding
1 container Cool Whip
Grated chocolate

Prepare pudding as directed on the package. Set aside. Slice the chocolate pound cake and make jam sandwiches with the cherry jam, and layer the bottom of a large wide trifle bowl. Pour over the cherry juice so that the cake soaks it up, and then top with the drained cherries. Spread the chocolate pudding over the cherries. Top with a layer of the Cool Whip and then garnish with grated chocolate.

You can also find more recipes by searching Food Network for "trifle." Here's a link where I did so: http://web.foodnetwork.com/food/web/cachedSearchResults/0,7822,trifle_Recipe,00.html?searchType=Recipe&searchString=trifle&site=food

Cappuccino Mousse TrifleI made the trifle that's on the Use and Care card. I haven't tried it yet, but I did "sample" each of the layers as I was putting it together. Yummy! Very easy to make, too!! For the chocolate covered coffee beans, I literally just dipped beans in melted chocolate. I think it makes a nice garnish!

Diane

Attachments

• Cappuccino Mousse Trifle.pdf
    896.7 KB · Views: 381
Diane...I love the picture of you and your daughter! My daughter is my PC helper and she does come to some of my shows as my assistant. She is the reason I started selling PC. I hate cooking, but she loves it.

And the trifle looks good!

tashayoung said:
Diane...I love the picture of you and your daughter! My daughter is my PC helper and she does come to some of my shows as my assistant. She is the reason I started selling PC. I hate cooking, but she loves it.QUOTE]

Thank you - I love your picture, too!:D Elyse is also the reason I started PC. She was six months old when I quit my full-time job to stay home with her. She's only helped me at my open houses, even though she keeps asking me to come to shows. She gets distracted way too easily:rolleyes:.

Have a great day!
Diane

P.S. Both of my kids are home with me today because of the weather, and I made the trifle for tonight's cluster meeting. They both wanted to try it until I told them there was coffee in it. Now we're making chocolate chip cookies:)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies