• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Forest Trifle: Anything I'm Missing?

In summary, a trifle is a traditional English dessert made by layering cake, fruit, custard, and whipped cream in a glass bowl. The most commonly used cake for a trifle is sponge cake, but other options like pound cake or brownies can also be used. It is possible to make a trifle ahead of time, but it is recommended to assemble it no more than 24 hours before serving to prevent the cake from becoming too soggy. Both fresh and frozen fruit can be used, but fresh fruit is recommended for the best flavor and texture. To layer a trifle, start with a layer of cake at the bottom of the bowl and alternate layers of fruit, custard, and cake until reaching the top,
RMDave
Gold Member
I'm making a "Black Forest Trifle" for a potluck tomorrow. I'm using layers of devil's food cake, unsweetened (stabilized) whipped cream, and cherry pie filling.

Am I leaving anything out? Suggestions? Improvements?

Maybe just some chocolate curls for the top?

Drugs for all the people that go into a diabetic shock coma after eating it.

ChefBeckyD said:
Maybe just some chocolate curls for the top?

I was going to use Cherry Pie Filling on the top and Whipped Cream rosettes around the circumference. Using whipped cream on the top with chocolate curls might be easier. Thanks Becky.

Echoing Becky. Add chocolate to the top. Curls sure are purdier than regular ole shavings.

My recipe calls for chocolate bar crumbled between the layers and the curls. :)

Oh and the cherry/cranberry juice.

ShelbyMichalek said:
Drugs for all the people that go into a diabetic shock coma after eating it.

It's diabetes in a Trifle Bowl. Thank you, Gracie

1. What is a trifle?

A trifle is a traditional English dessert made by layering cake, fruit, custard, and whipped cream in a glass bowl. It can also include other ingredients like jam, jelly, or alcohol.

2. What kind of cake should I use for a trifle?

The most commonly used cake for a trifle is sponge cake, but you can also use pound cake, angel food cake, or even brownies.

3. Can I make a trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a trifle ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble it no more than 24 hours before serving to prevent the cake from becoming too soggy.

4. Can I use frozen fruit in a trifle?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit in a trifle, but make sure to thaw it before using and drain any excess liquid. Fresh fruit is recommended for the best flavor and texture.

5. How do I layer a trifle?

To layer a trifle, start with a layer of cake at the bottom of the bowl. Then, add a layer of fruit, followed by a layer of custard or pudding. Repeat these layers until you reach the top of the bowl, ending with a layer of whipped cream on top. You can also add additional toppings, like crushed nuts or chocolate shavings, between the layers for added texture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jj16
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies