• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent No-Refrigerate Trifle: How to Demonstrate it for a Show!

for March, I will be making the Black Forest Trifle. I always try to have a variety of desserts so the host doesn't get bored.
pampchef.angel
I have a show Friday night and my host wants to do a trifle. I haven't done one before and all of the recipes I see say to refrigerate for an extended amount of time before serving. I'm not sure how to do that and demonstrate it as well?

You can just serve it right away. Trifles tend to taste a little better if you can let them sit a bit, but don't worry about it.

Whew! Thanks!!!!

I have the same problem/question. So before I would post a new thread, I thought of looking if anybody was wondering the same thing. Most of the trifle recipes requires to stay refrigerated for a few hours. Some are asking only 30 min and that's better. I would risk myself to serve it sooner. But when you see...refrigerate it at least 4h...:( How about the taste?

One of the April host specials is the trifle bowl, and I would like to use it in the March parties. So does anybody have recipes that were actually prepared at a cooking show and were a success?

Also, how do you "make" the host choose a trifle recipe when you present the choices? :D

Thanks!

I have been selling PC for 6 years, I do 4-6 shows a month, plus work a full time job - so...I do not give my hosts a choice and it has never been a problem. I don't have the time to be repacking every show. The only time I switch it up a little would be like this morning, I am doing a brunch show.

I have done several of the triffle recipes at shows - lemon/blueberry, strawberry and cream, a chocolate one and they were all a hit. Suggestion: if it calls for an instant pudding, take one with you. I had 2 host that mistakenly got "cook and serve" - does NOT work!!!

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I am really new and with far less shows than you have a month.

Now you are saying that you always do the same recipes at most of your shows and you tell your host "I am going to prepare this and this"?

Advices from people like you that are doing this for so long are really helping me in figure my way "to success" :chef:

That's what I do, too. I let my host know, "For March I'm making __________." Every once in a while someone will have a food allergy or issue. I make exceptions for those. Most of my hosts, though, like having one less decision to make.

I did the Black Forest Trifle at last night's show and it was awesome. Several hours earlier I made a molten lava chocolate cake in the DCB. I did it earlier so it was completley cooled. I had a guest help me scoop the cake into the Trifle dish...I asked her to share what she saw. Mmmm...

The milk and coolwhip were cold so when I assembled it everything was nice and cool, not warm.

Since the cake is super-moist I did not add any liquid except the almond extract to the cherries like my older version of this recipe.

Black Forest Trifle

1 pkg. devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 Can Chocolate Icing
2 bars (1.55 oz. each) milk chocolate candy, divided
2 can (18 oz) cherry pie filling
1 tsp. almond extract
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 pkg (3.3 oz.) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping thawed

Prepare cake according to direction. Pour in lightly oiled Deep Covered Baker. Using small scoop evenly dollop entire cake with icing. Cover with the Deep Covered Baker lid. Bake on high in microwave with turntable for 11 minutes. Cool.
Chop 1 1/2 of chocolate bars using food chopper. Reserve the remaining chocolate for garnishing.
Combine cherry pie filling and almond extract in small batter bowl, remove 1/2 cup for garnishing and set aside.
Pour milk into classic batter bowl, whisk in pudding mixes until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped topping.
To assemble trifle, place1/3 of the cake in bottom of Trifle Bowl using medium scoop. Layer half of the cherry pie filling mixture evenly over cake cubes. Sprinkle with half of using 1/3 cake and other half of ingredients making another layer. (The remaining 1/3 of cake will be delicious up to one week later…if it last that long.)
Garnish top of trifle with reserved cherry pie filling and chocolate curls made with reserved chocolate using the cheese grater. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.

Yes, I do the same recipe for the whole month. It usually has something to do with the month or highlights an upcoming special. For example, this month I am making the cherry cordial torte from the holiday dessert booklet (cherries for Presidents Day and red for Valentines Day) and I am teasing the guests by seving it on the new cake pedestal. Side note: I make the brownie in the torte pans at home and take them with me.

What is a no-refrigerate trifle?

A no-refrigerate trifle is a dessert made with layers of cake, fruit, and cream, typically served in a clear glass bowl. Unlike traditional trifles, this version does not need to be refrigerated before serving, making it a convenient and quick dessert option.

How do I make a no-refrigerate trifle?

To make a no-refrigerate trifle, you will need a clear glass bowl, cake or cookie crumbs, whipped cream or pudding, and your choice of fruit. Begin by layering the bottom of the bowl with cake or cookie crumbs, followed by a layer of fruit, and then a layer of whipped cream or pudding. Repeat these layers until the bowl is full, ending with a layer of whipped cream or pudding on top. Serve immediately or let it sit for a few minutes before serving.

Can I use any type of fruit in a no-refrigerate trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit in a no-refrigerate trifle. Popular options include berries, peaches, bananas, and pineapple. You can also mix and match different fruits to create a unique flavor combination.

What is the best type of cake to use in a no-refrigerate trifle?

The best type of cake to use in a no-refrigerate trifle is a sponge cake or pound cake. These types of cakes hold up well and do not become soggy when layered with the other ingredients. However, you can also use cookies, brownies, or even ladyfingers as the base of your trifle.

Can I prepare a no-refrigerate trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare a no-refrigerate trifle ahead of time, but it is best to serve it within a few hours of making it. As the trifle sits, the cake or cookie crumbs may become soggy, and the fruit may release juices, affecting the overall texture and taste of the dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpnina
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • dsmegnky
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dsmegnky
  • kam