• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trifle Question Opinion Needed...

In summary, the conversation revolved around the idea of using the "Better than Sex cake" as a trifle, with the use of chocolate pound cake, sweetened condensed milk, butterscotch caramel, and English Mocha Toffee powder. The group discussed the possibility of making it for a show and the potential success of the dish. They also joked about wanting to try it and being disappointed that they could not attend the show where it would be served.
schel
I am thinking for my other recipe I bring to my shows already done... (I know I know I don't need to bring more than one recipe... thats me though type A, hafta be perfect and all in!)
Anyways this is my wondering thought...

Anyone ever thought of or tried the "Better than Sex cake" as a Trifle??

I am making the chocolate pound cake right now in the oven, but I am thinking this is what I am wanting to do.

So have at it and let me know your thoughts and trial and errors!

P.S.
No I do not want to do the fruit thing raspberries or strawberries with this trifle. Fruit and chocolate cake just don't do it for me! A person either likes that combo or hates it. I am a hate it person!

Thanks!
Schel

Anything you can do in layers can be a trifle. This would probably work well.

For that cake you poke it and pour sweetened condensed milk over it, right? It's been a while I can't remember if it was that or caramel...If so, I wonder how the top layer of the cake will ooze into the cool whip of the bottom layer. Did that make sense? I think for the sake of science, you'll just have to practice that one a couple times! ;) (What a great recipe, though, I bet it would be good...but I would definitely practice before taking it to a show. :))

Thanks. I am going to just fly by the seat of my pants and layer it up in front of em at the show. These are mostly my friends anyways. If it were a fresh set of eyes definately would practice.

Oh and it is sweetened condensed milk and butterscotch carmel. Double whammy! On top of it I am using my last chocolate pound cake sample from my Tastefully Simple winter stock and then taking the cool whip and mixing the English Mocha Toffee powder into the cool whip. Yum!!
PMS devine!

Schel

and where are you serving this?!? cause I wanna come! LOL sounds yummo!

Might have to drive a bit! Minnesota...LOL!
Schel

schel said:
Might have to drive a bit! Minnesota...LOL!
Schel

Not too far for me... I'm on my way! I'll let you gals know how divine it is.... mmmmmmmmmm!

JK... I do not know where in the state Schel is... bummer...

Geee... thanks paulette!

Once you try it out and its awesome, let us know how you did it! I really want to try it!

1. Can I use any type of cake in a trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake in a trifle. Some popular options include pound cake, angel food cake, and even brownies.

2. Do I have to use alcohol in a trifle?

No, you do not have to use alcohol in a trifle. You can simply use fruit juice or flavored syrups instead.

3. How far in advance can I make a trifle?

You can make a trifle up to 24 hours in advance. Just be sure to store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.

4. Can I substitute any ingredients in a trifle?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients in a trifle to suit your taste preferences. For example, you can use different types of fruit, pudding flavors, or cake flavors.

5. Can I make a trifle in a different type of dish?

Yes, you can make a trifle in a variety of different dishes. While a trifle dish is traditional, you can also use a large bowl, glass trifle bowl, or individual serving glasses for a unique presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • PCLaurel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nikkies
  • KimberleePowell
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies