1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Trifle question Opinion needed...

1. schel

schel Advanced Member

I am thinking for my other recipe I bring to my shows already done... (I know I know I don't need to bring more than one recipe... thats me though type A, hafta be perfect and all in!)
    Anyways this is my wondering thought...

Anyone ever thought of or tried the "Better than Sex cake" as a Trifle??

I am making the chocolate pound cake right now in the oven, but I am thinking this is what I am wanting to do.

So have at it and let me know your thoughts and trial and errors!

P.S.
    No I do not want to do the fruit thing raspberries or strawberries with this trifle. Fruit and chocolate cake just don't do it for me! A person either likes that combo or hates it. I am a hate it person!

Thanks!
    Schel

Apr 17, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Anything you can do in layers can be a trifle. This would probably work well.

Apr 17, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

For that cake you poke it and pour sweetened condensed milk over it, right? It's been a while I can't remember if it was that or caramel...If so, I wonder how the top layer of the cake will ooze into the cool whip of the bottom layer. Did that make sense? I think for the sake of science, you'll just have to practice that one a couple times! ;) (What a great recipe, though, I bet it would be good...but I would definitely practice before taking it to a show. :))

Apr 17, 2009
  4. schel

schel Advanced Member

Thanks. I am going to just fly by the seat of my pants and layer it up in front of em at the show. These are mostly my friends anyways. If it were a fresh set of eyes definately would practice.

Oh and it is sweetened condensed milk and butterscotch carmel. Double whammy! On top of it I am using my last chocolate pound cake sample from my Tastefully Simple winter stock and then taking the cool whip and mixing the English Mocha Toffee powder into the cool whip. Yum!!
    PMS devine!

Schel

Apr 17, 2009
  5. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

and where are you serving this?!? cause I wanna come! LOL sounds yummo!

Apr 17, 2009
  6. schel

schel Advanced Member

Might have to drive a bit! Minnesota...LOL!
    Schel

Apr 18, 2009
  7. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Not too far for me... I'm on my way! I'll let you gals know how divine it is.... mmmmmmmmmm!

JK... I do not know where in the state Schel is... bummer...

Apr 18, 2009
  8. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

Geee... thanks paulette!

Once you try it out and its awesome, let us know how you did it! I really want to try it!

Apr 18, 2009
Have something to add?