• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheap Trifle Bowl Recipes for Moms Club Function

In summary, Cara is looking for a way to use her new trifle bowl and she is looking for recipes. She has found a recipe in an old issue of Women's Day magazine (2002) and she is going to try and post the photo if she can figure it out. She
4kids4me
I am hosting a Moms Club function tomorrow and other ladies are all bringing desserts. I wanted to use my new trifle bowl, but can't find any recipes for it other than desserts and fruit salad. And I can't afford the fruit salad right now. So, ya, looking for something cheap I guess. I've checked the files but those recipes are all desserts. TIA!!!

I saw a recipe on here yesterday for 7 layer southwestern dip (?) in the trifle...

4kids4me said:
I am hosting a Moms Club function tomorrow and other ladies are all bringing desserts. I wanted to use my new trifle bowl, but can't find any recipes for it other than desserts and fruit salad. And I can't afford the fruit salad right now. So, ya, looking for something cheap I guess. I've checked the files but those recipes are all desserts. TIA!!!

This came off of a different thread...I have made this salad 3-4 times since getting the trifle bowl and it went over GREAT each time!

spoiledchef said:
This 7-layer salad you all are referring to...is is the 7 layer Southwestern Salad? If not, could you please post the recipe. TIA
No, I made my own-
Including the dressing, it is 7 layers. I had a recipe, but not all of the ingredients, so I just substituted what I had/liked.

1. layer of iceburg thinly chopped (or buy the shredded iceburg in the bag)
2. about 1/2 large red pepper chopped
3. about 1/2 bag of frozen peas, thawed in the frig
4. about 1/2 c. chopped red onion
5. 1/2 pound bacon cooked, cooled and crumbled
6. 4 hard boiled eggs sliced or quartered
7. Then, make up the dressing- pour over salad once ready to serve. Dressing: 1 1/4 c. miricle whip salad dressing
2 T. white vinegar
2 T. sugar

It looks nice- I have made this about 4 x's now, every time it gets rave reviews!

I started a booklet of non-desert recipes. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Trifle Salads.doc
    84.5 KB · Views: 542
Thanks for the Trifle Salad Recipes!
carar101 said:

Great job Cara and thanks so much. Between my trifle desserts booklet and your salads booklet and the picture someone added of ways to decorate with it we can really show and tell how great these trifle bowls are and sell tons!

Just what I have been looking for Cara...THANKS:D

Thanks for all the help! These are exactly the ideas I was looking for!!! :)

carar101 said:

Thank you soooo much! I've been looking for this!

I bet you could do the Jerk Chicken salad as a layered salad in the trifle bowl, giving you a great segue into the Taste of the Tropics theme for spring!

carar101 said:
Thanks for making this, it is really nice!

Thanks for that file Cara! I'm offering dessert or salad "trifles" to my March/April hosts, and it's going over really well. I love the recipe idea booklet.

And -- yes, the Jerk Chicken Salad can be layered in the trifle bowl (refer to your Taste of the Tropics display folder).
HTH

Another Trifle Salad RecipeI like the idea of having things other than desserts in the Trifle Bowl. What great recipes, thanks for all your hard work.

Here is another recipe for the files. I found this recipe in an old issue of Women's Day magazine (2002). I may try and post the photo if I can figure it out because it looks amazing.

Layered Nacho Salad

Serves: 6
Prep: 20 mins
Chill: at least 2 hours
Planning Tip: prepare up to step 3 at least 2 hours or up to 1 day before serving

Ingredients:
8 cups shredded Romaine or Iceberg lettuce
2 cans (15 oz each) pinto beans, rinsed
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 1/2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 medium zucchini (about 6 oz), cut in thin half rounds
8 oz thinly sliced deli roast beef
3/4 cup bottle reduced-fat Thousand Island or Russian dressing
1/3 cup bottled salsa
2 tsp. chili powder
1 ripe avocado
1 1/4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Garnish: grape or cherry tomatoes

Directions:
1. Have ready a 4 1/2 to 5 qt. Serving bowl (Trifle Bowl), preferably clear glass or plastic (so layers are visible).
2. Layer the ingredients as follows: 4 cups lettuce, the beans, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, zucchini, beef and the rest of the lettuce.
3. Mix dressing, salsa and chili powder in a small bowl. Spread over top, sealing salad completely.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
4. Just before serving: cut avocado in half length-wise around seed; separate halves. Remove seed, pull off peel and thinly slice. Sprinkle dressing layer with cheese, top with avocado and garnish with tomatoes.
5. To serve: spoon through layers or toss salad to mix.

Per serving: 351 cal, 23 g pro, 30 g car, 8 g fiber, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 41 mg chol, 880 mg sod.

On Saturday night I did a recipe that I got off from the National Pasta Association Website. It was delicious and the ladies loved it! It is Layered Picnic Pasta Salad.
Ingredients were:
bow tie pasta
balsimic (sp?) salad dressing
frozen peas (that have been thawed)
sliced fresh mushrooms
sliced fresh tomatoes
priscutto (sp?)
fresh basil
parmesan cheese

If anyone can not find it on the internet, let me know and I can type it up later. I did not check the recipe booklet posted here yet, so sorry if this is a repeat. I also picked up a whole chicken and made the incredible 30 minute chicken. My host has 3 children (one is 10 months old) and works in district of 4500 as the swim coach. Time is limited for her so she and her guests appreciated the recipe!

Just checked the trifle salad booklet and this salad is on there. Very show friendly and guests loved it!

Thank you to whomever did this booklet up. Along with Harriet's dessert booklet, we will have lots of delicious options for our hosts! Thanks to all of you for your time, effort, caring and sharing!:)

Cara did a great job with the trifle salads! It's nice that we have so many options for us and our customers.

I wonder if the MS Cornbread Salad would be good served immediately. I love the taste of that salad. And I have a show next week that I would like to do something different with.

I am so tired o doding stuff on top of pizza crust or crescent rolls.

these are all great ideas thank you so much for all of the time and effort!

heather

TAco SaladI love taco salad. I can't get enough. I layer with tortilla chips, beans, ground beef, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and top with sour cream.
Yummy!!

Debbie :D

Here is one that is similar to the Mexican Cornbread recipe, but a little different. Enjoy...and thanks everyone for sharing!

Mexican Trifle Bowl Salad

Thought I would share this great recipe I just received.

Corn bread
1 box jiffy corn bread mix
1 4 oz can green chilies undrained
1/8 tsp garlic powder ( 1 clove of garlic)
Mix together and bake in mini baker for 20 minutes at 400

Salad layers
15 oz pinto beans
15 oz whole kernel corn
1 large tomato
1 large green or red pepper
1 medium onion
6-8 slices bacon fried crisp or 2 cups cooked chicken
2 C shredded cheese

Dressing
1 C lite mayo
1 cup light sour cream
1 package dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
Mix and set aside

Layer ½ of crumbled corn bread on the bottom of the trifle bowl
Add in layers ½ each of pinto beans, corn, tomato, green or red pepper, onion, bacon or chicken, dressing and cheese
Repeat layers

Keeps well and can be made ahead.

1. What is a trifle bowl?

A trifle bowl is a large, clear glass bowl used to make and serve layered desserts, typically consisting of cake, pudding, fruit, and whipped cream.

2. Can I use a regular bowl instead of a trifle bowl?

While a trifle bowl is ideal for creating visually appealing layered desserts, you can use any large, clear bowl for this recipe. Just be sure to layer the ingredients evenly for the best presentation.

3. Are trifle bowl recipes expensive to make?

No, trifle bowl recipes can be budget-friendly, especially when utilizing ingredients that are on sale or in season. Many recipes also allow for substitutions to fit your budget.

4. How far in advance can I make a trifle bowl recipe?

Trifle bowl recipes can be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator. However, it is best to add any toppings, such as fruit or whipped cream, right before serving for the freshest taste and appearance.

5. Can I make a trifle bowl recipe for a large group?

Yes, trifle bowl recipes are great for serving a large group. You can easily double or triple the recipe to fit your needs. Just be sure to use a larger trifle bowl or multiple bowls to fit all of the layers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • spoiledchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
spoiledchef
  • pamperedchefdt