• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Chocolate Trifle for a Baby Shower - The Perfect Recipe!

In summary, the Trifle mentioned in the conversation is good. It is made with chocolate chip cookie dough, milk, pudding mix, whipped topping, and strawberries or raspberries.
ldynred7
I am making a Trifle for a baby shower on Saturday and need to know which one is good to make? I would like one with choc in it...

The Black Forrest Trifle is really good.

I have been making one that I just kind of made up in a hurry the other day....brownies, Oreo pudding (Jello brand) mixed with cool whip, and then crushed oreos...and layer away!
its delicious! and I've had every hostess ask for it this month!
and you can make it pretty by putting some of the oreos around the bowl so that it looks a little fancier!
OreoandBrownieTrifle.jpg

and Here is one I did last week w/ angel food cake, cheesecake pudding and fresh strawberries and blackberries! Yummmmm!
fruitytrifle.jpg

I absolutely love Janet's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Trifle. You can do a search for it in the files section...or in a few minutes I can find it and post it here.

This is good too, I made this one at almost all my shows in February, the cookies get so good and soft, yummy! If you wanted to save time you could buy cookies, or what I did was got the big deluxe cookies, the kind you break apart and bake, easy!

Chocolate Chip Trifle

1 (18-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
2 cups milk
2 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla or chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
2 (12-ounce) containers frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
1 1/2 quarts sliced fresh strawberries or raspberries

1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut cookie dough in half lengthwise and then in half again lengthwise, for a total of 4 pieces. Cut cookie dough into 2 1/2-inch logs, ending with 16. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
4. Beat milk and pudding mix in large bowl until blended. Fold whipped topping into mixture. Crumble 6 cookies. Sprinkle 3/4 of crumbled cookies on bottom of a deep 10-inch glass serving dish. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture. Place strawberries over pudding. Stand remaining 10 cookies, face side out, along the inside of dish.
Place remaining pudding mixture over strawberries. Top with remaining crushed cookies. Cover; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and additional fruit, if desired.
Yield: 12 servings.

I love the Lemon Blueberry Trifle in the All The Best Cookbook. It is nice and summery and pretty....a nice pale yellow for a baby shower! I'm doing it Friday night at my show!

1. How long does it take to make this Delicious Chocolate Trifle?

The prep time for this recipe is about 20 minutes, and it takes an additional 4 hours for the trifle to chill in the fridge before serving.

2. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle a day in advance and store it in the fridge until ready to serve. In fact, the flavors will develop even more if you let it sit overnight.

3. Can I use a different type of cake instead of pound cake?

Absolutely! You can use any type of cake you prefer, such as chocolate or vanilla. Just make sure to cut it into small cubes so it can soak up the flavors of the trifle.

4. Do I have to use chocolate pudding for this recipe?

No, you can use any type of pudding you like, such as vanilla or butterscotch. Just make sure to use instant pudding mix and follow the instructions on the package for best results.

5. Can I substitute the whipped topping for homemade whipped cream?

Yes, you can use homemade whipped cream instead of whipped topping. Just make sure to whip the cream until stiff peaks form before layering it in the trifle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Suzyengl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies