• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you had any luck with the Trifle Bowl?

In summary, people seem to love their Trifle Bowls, but some people have had some problems with them.

Trifle bowl

• Love it!!!

Votes: 93 86.9%
  • Unhappy with it :(

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
schel
I am on my 4th Trifle Bowl and my mom opt'd not to purchase it because of my bad luck with it. Just want to get a feel on how everyone elses luck has been with this product.
Thanks.
Schel

I have had no problem with mine and love it!

I am doing a fair next weekend and I am displaying it with a lilac micro-fiber towel, the HWC guest specials and a pink beanie bear in it. Looks really cute and will bring attention to the table (I hope!).

I have used it as the main recipe at all shows in March and about half of April and sold several.

What problems......
schel said:
I am on my 4th Trifle Bowl and my mom opt'd not to purchase it because of my bad luck with it. Just want to get a feel on how everyone elses luck has been with this product.
Thanks.
Schel

have you had with them might I ask? I got mine and have used it numerous times and love it!!

wow! 50/50oops 80/20 now. I guess I got an early read. :)I love mine. I am (however) very careful when taking it to shows. I don't think glass is a great "show n go" item. I purchased and extra TTA tote bag and wrap all my microfiber and dish towels around it. :( What happened to your other 3??? :eek:

I love mine, and have used it at every show in Mar & Apr....but haven't sold one yet! (except to hosts as 60% off gift) People ohhh and ahhh over it, but I guess not enough to buy it!

I got mine just fine too. I carry mine in the original box and so far so good.

I really like mine and have sold a fair number - plus all my hosts and past hosts that qualify for the April special are getting it!

I carry it to shows in the large cookware bag (it isn't quite big enough to fit the large skillet - but works perfect for this) and put the pedastal base in the box from the original packaging it came in.

So far this is working for me and I make sure to bring it to every show - people really like being able to see it in person...

I love mine and have sold quite a few. I wrap the base in the microfiber towels and put it in an extra tool around tote to carry it. (I also use a second stoneware tote to carry the SA dots bowls and cups).

For personal use, I got a second one so that our large family gatherings we can have a trifle on each end of the buffet table or two different trifles.

ivykeep said:
I love mine and have sold quite a few. I wrap the base in the microfiber towels and put it in an extra tool around tote to carry it.
That's a great idea about using an extra tool turnabout tote. I have my old one before the improved it, so maybe I"ll use that and pad it with towels. Thanks for the idea!

I love mine and I too keep mine in the box when traveling with it to shows. I do love the idea about the tool turnabout tote, but I'll probably stick with what I've done so far.

I'm curious too as to what kind of problems you are having with it.

I am on my fourth too! My original arrived broken, then the replacement was warped so it didn't sit flat on the pedestal, the third one was shattered by my DH because he didn't know it was two pieces.

My guests love them and I have sold a million, I just have bad luck personally I think!

I put my red silicone trivet inside of my bowl and stand nestles nicely with lid on. Secure and doesn't move.

I love it! I sold 3 at one show. However, I've also had a couple of hosts (and "booked from" hosts) this month say that they aren't interested in either of the host specials. They don't really entertain.Personally, I think the Trifle Bowl is one of our most impressive products.

I love it personally, and I got a few bookings in april just for it! I have sold one as a host 1/2 price item as well. I have a 2nd one on order for myself :) (1 for decorating here, and 1 for shows & food). I bought a TTA tote just for it. I throw my tub of cool whip on the bottom (I use the EAD 7 cool whip to decorate most of my trifles) Then the bowl surrounded by towels, then the pedestal in the original box on top! I can throw in any garnishes, a serving utensil, and the EAD all in the tote so it is all together! Then, I bring a plastic bag to put the bowl in before I pack it back up it in the tote, so that I don't get it dirty on the way home!

gilliandanielle said:
I am on my fourth too! My original arrived broken, then the replacement was warped so it didn't sit flat on the pedestal, the third one was shattered by my DH because he didn't know it was two pieces.

My guests love them and I have sold a million, I just have bad luck personally I think!

I have talked with you before on this item and I have to say...
I think maybe I to have bad luck. Just has not been a good luck item for me yet.

Schel

I love mine. I have been using it at every show since I got it. I have a bridal shower later today and she wanted to make a trifle to show it off.
However, I am very leary about taking the base with me when I go to a get together where there are going to be lots of kids. I am afraid that one of them will knock it off the base. So far no problems yet.

chefkeri said:
oops 80/20 now. I guess I got an early read. :)

I love mine. I am (however) very careful when taking it to shows. I don't think glass is a great "show n go" item. I purchased and extra TTA tote bag and wrap all my microfiber and dish towels around it. :(

What happened to your other 3??? :eek:

My 1st one arrived good. Going to one of my shows with it (3rd after recieving it) noticed a hairline crack in it. Do not know if a guest picked it up to look at it or what and never told me about it.... I have always carried it like everyone else here has.

Then PC replaced due to the 1st crack. 2nd one, had my fruit in it and DH dropped it on cement outside. Shattered with all my beautiful fruit in it Easter Sunday.

3rd one arrived with a big blop in the bottom edge so it did not sit flat on the counter and it also had many areas which I do not know if they were imperfections in the glass or what looked like many hairline cracks.

4th one arrived and it has like 2 or 3 areas that look like a pen tip size chip in the surface of the bowl. I don't know... am I just a Ziggy?

After all the trouble with the item my mom opt'd not to purchase one. I can't say I blame her. I purposely did not bring it to my show yesterday just because of all the trouble I have had with it. I dare not call HO anymore to complain. I will just live with it, swallow hard and bring it to my next show Friday and Sunday. I'd like to put it in a "Bubble" with the Bubble Boy to make sure it stays in one piece.

My thought... why didn't HO create one that is as thick as our batter bowls? I have dropped, bumped etc... that thing many times and nothing!

Thanks for letting me vent and all the feedback. Maybe I just have bad luck or something.

Schel

nicki25 said:
I love mine. I have been using it at every show since I got it. I have a bridal shower later today and she wanted to make a trifle to show it off.
However, I am very leary about taking the base with me when I go to a get together where there are going to be lots of kids. I am afraid that one of them will knock it off the base. So far no problems yet.

As far as the base thing, I have thought about getting some of that sticky stuff you put posters up with on walls to avoid putting holes in the walls, and put a couple on to stick the base on so it does not slide.

Just a thought, but then I have not had the best luck and maybe I should keep my mouth closed. :confused:

Schel,

Tell HO that the latest one is defective too. It is not your fault and you deserve to have one that is perfect! They will understand.

What if this was happening to a guest?

I love it. When I transport it to my shows, I use my mircofiber dishcloths in the bowl and put the pedestal inside the bowl.

No problem yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've only had my hosts order the trifle bowl.

I love mine! I have been using the orginal box to tote it to shows, since I use my TTA bag for my TTA. When I had to take a finished trifle to church, I used my TTA bag and thought that was a great idea!

I have sold quite a few to hosts at 60% off, or as a half price item. Not too many sold at full price, though.

I think this is a great item...and I have to admit, when I first found out it was a new product, I thought "what's the big deal? I can buy one from WalMart for much cheaper!" Again, though, I have been shown: you get what you pay for! Ours has (1) a lid (2) a removable pedestal so it can be used a variety of ways and (3) the glass is soooooooo much thicker than any trifle bowl I have seen at a store! and (4) a FIVE YEAR warranty!

Schel~

I agree with Beth...call HO!! They need to know if they are receiving poor quality from their manufacturer! A customer would be pretty peeved at PC if they were the ones dealing with all of these flawed bowls. (I am sure you are peeved at this point, too!!) But, yea, DON'T keep your bowl till you get one that is right!

schel said:
As far as the base thing, I have thought about getting some of that sticky stuff you put posters up with on walls to avoid putting holes in the walls, and put a couple on to stick the base on so it does not slide.

I am not sure if you you are talking about the same stuff, but I would love to find the sticky stuff that peels off but is clear......like when you get a new CC, the rubbery stuff that holds it on to the paper.... If anyone knows where you can find this, please let me know!

Schel - I am so sorry that you have had so many problems with it!

Schel, call HO and tell them. If you were a customer you would want it replaced.:) .........and good luck with your new one;) ........

I used the trifle bowl as my candy bowl at a fair that I was doing and was scared that people were going to tip it off the pedestal. I taped the pedestal to the bowl with 4 smaller pieces of clear tape, then taped the bottom of the pedestal to the table. It was very stable and I didn't have to worry about people knocking it over. Just a thought in case any of you have more "heavy duty" needs for it!!

Although I can't get anyone else excited about it (only sold about 3 so far) but I just love mine!

I have never actually made a trifle. I voted not sure yet. I like the bowl though. It is very nice!! I will have to get back to it.

I LOVE MINE! Sounds like I've been lucky. I sure hope my customers don't have problems with them. Now, my problems with Large Bar Pans recently are unbelievable, but that would be another thread.

I had to laugh at a recent show. One of the guests, a young woman who asked oodles of questions, asked me what a trifle is. When I told her it's simply a fancy name for a layered dessert, she asked me, "Are you some kind of Martha Stewart or something?"I laughed and told her that if she ever saw my house she'd know that I am definitely NOT a Martha Stewart. However, I do learn lots of neat things working for The Pampered Chef."She's booked a show for May, and I will definitely be talking to her about the opportunity.

I too love mine!
I wish I had 2.
I have used it for salads, deserts and displays

I am doing the redneck packing method. Using a new looking flannel pillow case. It works well, b/c the extra mat'l on the inside of the bowl protects the base and I didn't have to buy anything extra or carry anything seperate. It has to make it in one trip or it doens't go.

jenniferknapp said:
I am not sure if you you are talking about the same stuff, but I would love to find the sticky stuff that peels off but is clear......like when you get a new CC, the rubbery stuff that holds it on to the paper.... If anyone knows where you can find this, please let me know!

Schel - I am so sorry that you have had so many problems with it!

The stuff I'm thinking about are called "Glue Dots". They are clear round little dots of stickiness. I had one incident where it looked like the husband of my host was going to knock it off the counter and since then have used the glue dots. Helps to stabilize the bowl. Unlike Gillian I do not tape it to the table though. For a fair or booth I can see how that would help further though.

jzramom said:
I am doing the redneck packing method. Using a new looking flannel pillow case. It works well, b/c the extra mat'l on the inside of the bowl protects the base and I didn't have to buy anything extra or carry anything seperate. It has to make it in one trip or it doens't go.

It is a tight fit, but before I got my TTA tote, I used my flannel pajama bag that came with the PJ promotion from Victoria's Secret before Christmas!

I haven't had to transport it empty yet; I've brought an already made trifle to every show since I earned it!:eek:

Chef Kearns said:
The stuff I'm thinking about are called "Glue Dots". They are clear round little dots of stickiness. I had one incident where it looked like the husband of my host was going to knock it off the counter and since then have used the glue dots. Helps to stabilize the bowl. Unlike Gillian I do not tape it to the table though. For a fair or booth I can see how that would help further though.

Yes, must be the same thing!! Those are what I want.... where are they located in most stores? I have yet to see them....but of course our WalMart doesn't put items in logical places...

You'll most likely find them with the scrapbooking supplies.

I used my Trifle Bowl this weekend at a craft fair. Rather than just having a door prize drawing, we had a game. I filled the TB with Twixits, and we had people guess how many were in it. We didn't tell people how close they were, because we didn't want them telling others at the fair.

FYI- I dumped 7 packs of Twixits into it, for a total of 70 clips. We could have fit more, but I wanted them all jumbled up.

Great idea, Ann. I'll be doing a home-based business expo it December. I always do a door prize. I'll tuck this little tip away to use for that.

I ordered my 2nd one last week on a host special! I want one to decorate with and one to cook with. Plus, I do not have to plan around using it at home and being able to take it to a show at the same time.

LOVE IT!!!

Ann, I am doing a Bridal Shower Thursday night and had said I was going to this at it.

Anybody got anything creative to put in it? And me not have to spend a lot of money! I keep trying to come up with something I already have but things like cotton balls and q-tips go with a baby shower but not bridal shower in my thinking.

Last edited:
Jennifer, how about hershey kisses? Say something like, guess how many kisses are in the trifle bowl, you never know it may be the same number of kisses exchanged between the bride and groom on their wedding night.. I'm not very creative, but if you are maybe a poem about kisses and brides or something to that effect.

I love my Trifle Bowl and have sold several, both as host bonuses and at full price. I love the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle as a demo recipe and this past weekend demo-ed the 7 Layer Southwestern Salad for Cinco de Mayo.

I definitely take care to wrap the base in one of my towels before putting it inside the bowl and then I use the TTA tote to transport it to and from shows. I have not had a problem so far!

Mary

I Love mine and I have never had a problem with it at all!!!! When I am at shows and I am not using it I have the microfiber towles displayed in them!

Hmm, I have 2 now....yep, I love 'em!

You can find Glue Dots near gift basket making supplies... I have gotte them at Wal Mart in the craft department and I think Michaels in the past.

1. How do I properly care for and clean the Trifle Bowl?

To ensure the longevity of your Trifle Bowl, it is important to hand wash it with warm, soapy water and a soft cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges as they can damage the bowl's surface. Also, be sure to dry the bowl thoroughly before storing it.

2. Can I use the Trifle Bowl in the oven or microwave?

Yes, the Trifle Bowl is oven and microwave safe, making it perfect for creating hot or cold desserts. However, do not place the bowl directly on a heat source or under the broiler.

3. Is the Trifle Bowl leak-proof?

The Trifle Bowl is not completely leak-proof, as it is designed with a removable base for easy layering and serving. However, if you are concerned about potential leaks, you can place a layer of plastic wrap or parchment paper between the layers of your trifle.

4. Can I use the Trifle Bowl for anything besides trifle?

Absolutely! While the Trifle Bowl is specifically designed for making and serving trifle, it can also be used for other layered desserts, salads, or even as a decorative centerpiece. Get creative with your recipes and have fun with the versatility of the Trifle Bowl.

5. What is the Trifle Bowl made of?

The Trifle Bowl is made of durable, high-quality glass that is both dishwasher safe and freezer safe. It is designed to withstand the rigors of everyday use and provide a beautiful presentation for your desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
menehune
  • cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
rlombas