• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is my Trifle Bowl covered under the product guarantee if it breaks?

"Difficult" stamped on my file will I?I mean, I could take a picture of the left over glass and fruit my DH could not get out of the rock you know?
schel
:( :(
So Sad....
I got a hairline crack in my Trifle Bowl and HO replaced it no questions asked.... So Easter came and I had this Beautiful Fruit Trifle done and about $20.00 in fresh fruit in it and my DH carriyng it out the door yesterday for Easter, got his sleeve caught on the door handle and he said it was like slow motion, falling to the cement and rocks, fruit and glass everywhere....
Very sad, indeed.
Glad that this month is Kit Enhancement. However, I will be afraid to take it out of the box ever again.
My mother is rethinking purchasing it this month for her host benefit on my cousins show.
So Sad...
:( :(
Schel

Aww, i'm so sorry. just a little note, I bought a TTA tote just to carry my trifle bowl.....empty or finished. It has been working wonderfully!!! I suggest buying one, and I will offer to purchase the tote for any of my customers who see mine or ask about the same subject.

Oh no!That is horrible. I am so sorry. Isn't it horrible to work so hard at making something so special and beautiful, only to have it come crashing down to the ground for no one to enjoy? And then to lose your trifle bowl too, that is really sad!!
I baked a whole three dozen cookies for a cookie swap one year and as I was coming down the stairs, we were living with our in-laws at the time, the container I was holding came apart and they fell down all over the stairs and onto the floor. It was slow motion also and it was sad. :eek: :(
I worked so hard all day on those. I feel your pain. Is your mother rethinking purchasing the trilfe because of the accident??

Debbie :D

Schel~

You do know that HO will replace it for you, right?

Oh I am so sorry....forget Kit Enhancement month -- it's still under warranty - HO will replace it!

Speaking of exchanging it, mine that I got from the incentive has a "flat" side, and a bunch of imperfections, but I haven't wanted to part with it to exchange it! So when I get a 2nd one, I will!

I had a similar incident happen this weekend as well! My kids and I hard-boiled some eggs on Friday and put them in the trifle bowl until my DH got home so we could dye them as a family. My DH got home and we decided to eat before we did the eggs. DH slid the trifle bowl off the side of the counter not realizing that the bottom stand wasn't attached... the stand shattered into a million pieces while DH stood there holding the bowl whining about what a stupid design, etc, etc.

My original TB arrived with a broken stand and I call HO for a replacement. Now I have 2 bowls, and NO stands- and of course this happens in APRIL when the bowl is the host special!!

KellyTheChef said:
Schel~

You do know that HO will replace it for you, right?

Even though I already had it replaced once? And it was an accident?
I won't get a "Difficult" stamped on my file will I? I mean, I could take a picture of the left over glass and fruit my DH could not get out of the rock you know?
Schel

Last edited:
gilliandanielle said:
I had a similar incident happen this weekend as well! My kids and I hard-boiled some eggs on Friday and put them in the trifle bowl until my DH got home so we could dye them as a family. My DH got home and we decided to eat before we did the eggs. DH slid the trifle bowl off the side of the counter not realizing that the bottom stand wasn't attached... the stand shattered into a million pieces while DH stood there holding the bowl whining about what a stupid design, etc, etc.

My original TB arrived with a broken stand and I call HO for a replacement. Now I have 2 bowls, and NO stands- and of course this happens in APRIL when the bowl is the host special!!

Aren't we a pair!!!
I have 2 stands and no bowls! At least I can use the stand with my Large round platter.
Sigh.......
Schel

schel said:
Even though I already had it replaced once? And it was an accident?
Schel
Yep! Same thing with stoneware...when you call HO just say it is broken and needs replaced. If it is under warranty, they will replace it!;)

KellyTheChef said:
Yep! Same thing with stoneware...when you call HO just say it is broken and needs replaced. If it is under warranty, they will replace it!;)

Thanks Kelly!

Now your sure I won't get the "DIFFICULT" marked on my file!
Did you ever see that Seinfield where Elaine got "DIFFICULT" marked on her chart for to many complaints?
I'll call them tomorrow.
Thanks again.
Schel

schel said:
Thanks Kelly!

Now your sure I won't get the "DIFFICULT" marked on my file!
Did you ever see that Seinfield where Elaine got "DIFFICULT" marked on her chart for to many complaints?
I'll call them tomorrow.
Thanks again.
Schel
If HO does that, I am sure that's on my record! LOL:eek:

schel said:
Aren't we a pair!!!
I have 2 stands and no bowls! At least I can use the stand with my Large round platter.
Sigh.......
Schel
LMAO!! We are quite a pair!!! I know that I can still use the bowls, but the stands adds to the "effect" of it all, ya know??

KellyTheChef said:
If HO does that, I am sure that's on my record! LOL:eek:

Mine too, Kelly!

So I contacted HO and they want me to send the damaged bowl back to them and I explained it is already in the garbage due to it shattered. She checked with her supervisor and all they require is the lid. I said no problem. So off it goes back to HO and I probably have a big " D" on my file!
Oh well... I honestly did not do it on purpose, I just have that Ziggy complex sometimes you know?
Schel
:eek:

Don't worry, Schel, if they put a big "D" on the file of everyone who has to have multiple adjustments on the same product, they'd run out of D's!

I am curious how what happened to you is covered under the product guarantee.
My conscious and I have wrestled with this several times. I personally have decided to use the back of the receipt to decide whether a product is covered. It states that they cover defects in materials and workmanship. They do not cover commercial use, abuse, misuse, ordinary wear and tear or an act of God. Incidental or consequential damages are not recoverable under these warranties.

So Sorry this happened! I hesitantly made two trifles in my bowls (one came with a shattered stand, they let me keep it, the other came intact and replaced the first one) for Easter Dinner. Surprisingly, nothing happened, but I was very protective of them! I'm glad they will replace it for you! :) :)
Candie, FD, Maine

Evelynt said:
I am curious how what happened to you is covered under the product guarantee.
My conscious and I have wrestled with this several times. I personally have decided to use the back of the receipt to decide whether a product is covered. It states that they cover defects in materials and workmanship. They do not cover commercial use, abuse, misuse, ordinary wear and tear or an act of God. Incidental or consequential damages are not recoverable under these warranties.
I think it depends on who answers the phone at HO. I dropped my clear collar to my food chopper when I was unloading the dishwasher and cracked it. They said dropping it was not considered "normal use" and they wouldn't replace it.

What is a trifle bowl?

A trifle bowl is a large, clear glass bowl specifically designed for making and serving trifle desserts. It typically has a wide, straight rim and a deep, round body.

What size trifle bowl should I use?

The size of the trifle bowl you choose will depend on the amount of trifle you plan to make and how many people you are serving. A standard trifle bowl is around 8-10 inches in diameter and can hold 2-3 quarts of dessert.

Can I use a trifle bowl for anything other than trifle?

Yes, trifle bowls can be used for a variety of desserts and even savory dishes. Some popular alternatives include using it as a punch bowl, serving fruit salad, or creating a layered dip.

Do I need to layer the trifle in a specific order?

While there is no hard and fast rule, it is generally recommended to start with a layer of cake or cookies, followed by a layer of fruit or pudding, and then repeat until the bowl is filled. This will help ensure that the layers are evenly distributed and visually appealing.

How do I clean and care for my trifle bowl?

Trifle bowls are typically dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions. To avoid scratches, it is recommended to wash the bowl with a soft sponge or cloth. Make sure to dry the bowl thoroughly before storing it to prevent any water spots.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dianevill
Back