• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trifle Bowl Lid Doesn't Stay Closed

In summary, the lid of the Trifle Bowl does not fit well, and it is possible to order a replacement lid.
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I just got the trifle bowl last month and LOVE it, but now that I'm keeping leftover trifle in the fridge, the lid doesn't seal - it just keeps popping off! I think it sealed ok (not great) when it was room temperature, but now it won't stay closed at all.
Has anyone else had this problem? Should I get the lid replaced??

Mine fits okay. It's a little tight. I have to start at one point and then press around the edge of it all around to make the complete circle. If yours doesn't stay on, see about getting the lid replaced. You can also just order a lid on the replacement parts order form (if that's cheaper than mailing back the other lid...since you're past 30 days.)

That happened to a host of mine. We sent her Trifle back and she got another one and the lid wouldn't stay on that one either. I traded her mine. So now I have a trifle the lid won't stay on. I guess I should try a new one off the supply order but I don't put the lid on mine that often.

My original lid did not fit well, neither does the replacement lid. Sometimes if I get it on just right it will stay, but most of the time it just doesn't want to stay on.

On an older thread someone suggested putting the lid in hot (not boiling) water for 5 minutes, and then put it back on. I tried this and it worked well for mine... It will stay on at least now, but I'm guessing I'll have to do this a few times (probably with the temperature change once you put it in the fridge).

Amanda, I will happily trade you your 'it's a little tight' lid for my "goes on fine, and seals - until you just barely touch it, and it falls off' lid!! I don't know why this is an issue for a product which is expressly marketed as PORTABLE!! Pooh, I guess not every product can be completely amazing.

I had the same problem with mine. It is a little disappointing.

If it doesn't fit right, my advice is to do an online adjustment, if it's within the guarantee.
HO will send an auto-reply with a reference number. Reply to that email, and explain it's only the lid that's the problem....because I would NOT want to pay to ship that whole thing back. It might take a few emails, but should get sorted without too much hassle.If it's out of guarantee, order a replacement lid.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the problem with the lid popping off.

pampchefsarah said:
Amanda, I will happily trade you your 'it's a little tight' lid for my "goes on fine, and seals - until you just barely touch it, and it falls off' lid!! I don't know why this is an issue for a product which is expressly marketed as PORTABLE!! Pooh, I guess not every product can be completely amazing.
That is what mine does.

me too! Mine has NEVER gone on! I can get it on sometimes, and it'll just pop right off. so annoying!

Long story ... I have a friend who hosted with another consultant. The other consultant put the entire show in under someone else's name. So now all the items in the hands of this host, are under a stranger's name for warranty purposes. (Don't know why it was done, just dealing with the issue now.)Along with 2 sets of (lifetime guarantee) cookware, the (lifetime guarantee) Forged Cutlery Knives and some other things, the host got a Trifle Bowl. Her lid did not fit right. I spent MONTHS trying to get the warranty stuff resolved, finally gave up & ordered her a lid from the replacement parts out of my pocket. Now that she has it, it doesn't fit either. Upon further examination, there's a dip in the rim on her Trifle Bowl (a defect) which causes the lid to not fit. I called the supervisor at corporate who's been helping me with the whole "the show's in the wrong person's name" issue and, even though the purchase was made 13 months ago, they are sending her a new Trifle Bowl without requesting the defective one back.Morale: check the rim of the Trifle Bowl and make sure there's not a defect. ;)

Moral #2--we are dealing with a wonderful company.

1. Why doesn't my trifle bowl lid stay closed?

There could be a few reasons why your trifle bowl lid isn't staying closed. It could be due to a faulty latch, an incorrect assembly, or simply wear and tear over time.

2. How can I fix a trifle bowl lid that won't stay closed?

If the latch is the issue, try adjusting it or tightening any screws. If the assembly is incorrect, refer to the instruction manual or contact our customer service for assistance. If the lid is worn, consider purchasing a replacement lid.

3. Can I use the trifle bowl without the lid?

Yes, the trifle bowl can be used without the lid. However, the lid helps to keep the dessert fresh and prevent spills, so we recommend using it whenever possible.

4. Will the trifle bowl lid fit on all sizes of trifle bowls?

No, the trifle bowl lid is designed specifically for our trifle bowls and may not fit on other brands or sizes. Please refer to the product description or contact our customer service for compatibility.

5. Is the trifle bowl lid dishwasher safe?

Yes, the trifle bowl lid is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it to prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • kayleigh
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kayleigh