• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pumpkin Trifle Recipe: Modifying for 12oz+4oz Whipped Cream

In summary, there are two versions of a Pumpkin Trifle recipe floating around. One calls for 16 ounces plus 8 ounces of whipped cream while the other calls for 12 ounces plus 4 ounces. One also calls for a large box of pudding while the other calls for two small boxes. The suggested modifications include using 12 ounces of frozen whipped cream and 2 small boxes of pudding, and reducing the amount of whipped cream in the pumpkin layer while keeping the topping layer at 12 ounces. Another suggested recipe, the Pumpkin-Maple Cream Trifle, uses 12 ounces of whipped topping and 1 small box of vanilla instant pudding, along with pure maple syrup and honey graham crackers. However, the person wanting to make
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I am wanting to make a triffle for church on Sunday. It's the Pumpkin Triffle recipe that was floating around here a year or two ago.

Small problem: One version of the recipe calls for 16 ounces plus 8 ounces of whipped cream, another calls for 12 ounces plus four ounces.

One recipe calls for a large box of pudding and a small box.

I have 12 ounces of frozen whipped cream, and 2 small boxes of pudding.

I'll post the recipes for your reference.

Can anybody help me modify it? I'd like to put the triffle together tomorrow morning before I go to work.

Version 1:
Pumpkin Trifle Recipe:

Cake Layer
1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix (and ingredients to make it)
1 Tbsp Cinnamon Plus (pumpkin pie spice, I will bring it.)

Pumpkin Layer
1 Large Box Vanilla Pudding (uses 3 cups milk)
1 1/2 cup Milk
1 (15oz) can pumpkin (without spices)
3/4 tsp Cinnamon Plus (pumpkin pie spice)
16 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

Top Layer
1 Small Box French Vanilla Pudding
1 Cup Milk
8 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

1) Mix the Cinnamon Plus in with the cake mix, add the other ingredients that the box calls for. Bake. When cool, cube.

2)Mix large box of pudding, 1 1/2 cups of milk, Can Pumpkin, and Cinnamon Plus mix that well, fold in 16 oz Whipped Topping

3)Combine 1 cup Milk, Small box of Pudding, fold in 8 oz whipped topping.

To assemble your trifle place part of the cubed cake in the trifle bowl, put pumpkin mixture on top of that then top with pudding mixture. Repeat.

Version 2:
Cake Layer
1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix (and ingredients to make it)
1 Tbsp Cinnamon Plus

Pumpkin Layer
1 Large Box Vanilla Pudding (or 1.5 boxes regular)
1 1/2 cup Milk
1 (15oz) can pumpkin (without spices)
3/4 tsp Cinnamon Plus (pumpkin pie spice)
4 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

Top Layer
1 Small Box French Vanilla Pudding
1 Cup Milk
12 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

1) Mix the Cinnamon Plus in with the cake mix, add the other ingredients that the box calls for. Bake. When cool, cube.

2)Mix large box of pudding, 1 1/2 cups of milk, Can Pumpkin, and Cinnamon Plus mix that well, fold in Whipped Topping

3)Combine 1 cup Milk, Small box of Pudding, fold in 8 oz whipped topping.

To assemble your trifle place part of the cubed cake in the trifle bowl, put pumpkin mixture on top of that then top with pudding mixture. Repeat.

Check out the Pumpkin-Maple Cream Trifle in the Simply Sweet Cookbook (p69) or I think it's been posted here somewhere. You'll use the 12 oz whipped topping & 1 small box of vanilla instant pudding. You'll need 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup and a box of honey graham crackers.

The entire recipe is no-bake and has been a big hit at my shows. I usually don't repeat recipes at shows--but I've taken it to the past 4 shows I've done!

Hope that helps!

I don't want to make the maple triffle because a) I'll need to go out to the store to buy maple syrup (and graham crackers) b) it's cold here and I WANT to bake and c) I don't want to buy a whole thing of pricey, pure maple syrup when I'll only use 1/2 a cup.

I thnk I'm just going to wing it. Version 2 looks like something I modified because Version 1 had too much "goo" to fit in the bowl. I think I can make it work with just 2 boxes of pudding, less milk and less whipped cream. It might not be as full in the bowl but I think it will work.

The one you posted is the one I make and it is always a hit!!! I love it. Since there is so much cool whip - it doesn't have an overbearing pumpkin flavor.

I did modify my recipe to cut back on the Cool Whip.

I definitely only do 2 layers.

Don't cut back on the Toping layer (the one with French vanilla Pudding). Even with the 8 oz of Cool whip, I think there's never enough of this layer.

I do not put the full 16 oz in the Pumpkin Layer. Maybe 8-10 oz. Just add enough so it lightens up a little bit and is a little bit fluffy (to taste). Then I add an extra big spoonful to the topping layer (so I get a little bit more of that layer). Then I put the remaining Cool Whip in the EAD to decorate the top with straight Cool Whip. I might even have a Cool Whip left over from that 16 oz tub.

We can't get the 12 oz size here, so I always buy the 16 oz and 8 oz for this recipe.

So, yes, I agree with closer to the 12 oz for the topping layer, but I think you might need slightly more than the 4 oz (but NOT 16 oz) for the Pumpkin layer.

I am not sure if this helped!

Yup, OK, winging it ... I think I'll just divide my 12 ounce in half. Store was out of ounce or I would have used this all along. Thanks!

Hey! So my aunt and I came up w/ a super amazing pumpkin trifle for her show last week!!!

We baked a spice cake and cut into cubes!

Then pumpkin layer -
1 can pumpkin pie filling
1 small box of Cheesecake Pudding
1/4 cup of brown sugar (it kind of needed something to balance the pumpkin...but I thought it was a little sweet so I would add some, taste and add more if you want....)

White layer-
2 small boxes Cheesecake pudding
1 small tub of Cool Whip

man oh man, it was so delicious!
super yummy and super easy!!!!!!

Try it! You won't be dissapointed!!!!!

~Abigail

1. Can I use a different type of cake for the trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake that you prefer. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste may be slightly different from the original recipe.

2. Can I substitute the pumpkin puree with canned pumpkin pie filling?

Yes, you can substitute the pumpkin puree with canned pumpkin pie filling. However, the final product may be sweeter and have a stronger pumpkin flavor.

3. Can I use Cool Whip instead of homemade whipped cream?

Yes, you can use Cool Whip instead of homemade whipped cream. However, the taste and texture may be slightly different from using freshly whipped cream.

4. How can I modify the recipe for a larger group?

To modify the recipe for a larger group, simply double or triple the ingredients. You may also want to increase the size of your trifle dish to accommodate the larger serving size.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. Simply assemble the trifle and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving. However, it is recommended to add the whipped cream topping right before serving for the best texture and taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC