• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fruity Trifle Bowl Recipe for Neighborhood Party

In summary, to make the Fruity Trifle Bowl, you will need 1 pound cake, 1 box of vanilla instant pudding mix, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of whipped cream, 1 cup of blueberries, 1 cup of strawberries, and 1 cup of kiwi. You can use any type of cake, including angel food, sponge, or brownies. The trifle bowl can be made a few hours in advance, but it's best to assemble it right before serving to prevent the cake from becoming soggy. Frozen fruit can also be used, just make sure to thaw and drain it first. This recipe makes 8-10 servings.
JWorks
Silver Member
ok i have searched and searched and have looked at 100 triffle recipes but im not really finding what i am looking for. i am having a neighborhood party and want to make fruit in triffle bowl. I have never even made fruit salad so that is why i am having a problem. i was thinking of just cutting up strawberries, apples, cantaope and bananas and adding cool whip and angel food cake. will this be enough or will it be to dry???? any help on what i can add to spice it up??? thank you

I'd recommend about 1 cup of juice that compliments the fruit... that gets poured over the cake.

Couple things that may help:
1. Dip your apples and banana slices in pineapple juice or 7-up so they don't brown on you.
2. To add something different, how about some granola? I have even used the crunchy Nature Valley granola bars and just beat them up with the meat tenderizer!
3. You could also add a layer of vanilla pudding if you think it's going to be too dry.

HTH

not to sound stupid but would 1 cup of apple juice work? do they make strawberry juice?

ohh pineapple juice juice i forgot about that!!!! yumm

JWorks said:
not to sound stupid but would 1 cup of apple juice work? do they make strawberry juice?
To dip the fruit in, or are you asking if that would taste good over the cake?

andrea had said to pour a cup of juice over cake, i wasnt sure what kind of juice to use. i think i will go with pineapple juice

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Fruity Trifle Bowl?

To make the Fruity Trifle Bowl, you will need 1 pound cake, 1 box of vanilla instant pudding mix, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of whipped cream, 1 cup of blueberries, 1 cup of strawberries, and 1 cup of kiwi.

2. Can I use a different type of cake instead of pound cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake that you prefer. Angel food cake, sponge cake, or even brownies would work well in this recipe.

3. How far in advance can I make the Fruity Trifle Bowl?

You can make the Fruity Trifle Bowl a few hours in advance, but it is best to assemble it right before serving. This will prevent the cake from becoming soggy from the pudding and fruit juices.

4. Can I use frozen fruit instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain the fruit before adding it to the trifle bowl.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 8-10 servings, depending on the size of your trifle bowl and how generous you are with each serving. If you need more, you can easily double the recipe and use a larger trifle bowl.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sailorsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • HealthNut
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
HealthNut
Replies