• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Breakfast for Dinner: Cooking Bacon & Pancakes on a Bar Pan!

In summary, the author cooked bacon on the bar pan and whipped up a batch of pancake batter. They also cooked eggs in the bar pan. The author warned against doing them because they will have a mess to clean. They suggested using a sheet of parchment on the bottom of the pan before cooking and using an electric griddle.
wcsis
In searching for something for dinner tonight I decided we would have a breakfast for dinner night.

I decided to try a few new things that I have heard about but hadn't tried yet.

I cooked bacon on the bar pan. WOW! it was delish! Really easy to do. Just laid the bacon on the bar pan in single layer and popped it in the 400 oven for 20 minutes. It was perfect and didn't shrink up. I removed it from the bar pan and poured off the grease (talk about quick way to season the pan).

After cooking the bacon I whipped up a batch of Hungry Jack pancake batter and poured it on the bar pan I just cooked the bacon on. Popped it back in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes. One large pancake cut up and we had bacon and pancakes to go with our eggs. I am not crazy about the pancake brand, but I would definately cook the pancake again this way but make my own batter from scratch.

The above things would be terrific idea for a morning show demo!

I am going to try cooking whipped eggs in the bar pan next.

The Furry Guy tells strangers about cooking bacon on the bar pan. He loves it that way. I can't imagine doing pancakes on the bar pan, but that's because I make faces on my pancakes. You need to do them on the stove top for that.

Thank you for sharing..I am going to have to try this.

wcsis said:
In searching for something for dinner tonight I decided we would have a breakfast for dinner night.

I decided to try a few new things that I have heard about but hadn't tried yet.

I cooked bacon on the bar pan. WOW! it was delish! Really easy to do. Just laid the bacon on the bar pan in single layer and popped it in the 400 oven for 20 minutes. It was perfect and didn't shrink up. I removed it from the bar pan and poured off the grease (talk about quick way to season the pan).

After cooking the bacon I whipped up a batch of Hungry Jack pancake batter and poured it on the bar pan I just cooked the bacon on. Popped it back in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes. One large pancake cut up and we had bacon and pancakes to go with our eggs. I am not crazy about the pancake brand, but I would definately cook the pancake again this way but make my own batter from scratch.

The above things would be terrific idea for a morning show demo!

I am going to try cooking whipped eggs in the bar pan next.

DON'T DO IT!

Seriously....you will have a mess! Even though the pan is technically nonstick, eggs will stick to it when done alone on there...it will take you forever to clean it!
Use a sheet of parchment on the bottom before you pour in the eggs. The parchment works well for the bacon too - it will still season the pan, but the parchment will soak up most of the grease.

I do pancakes on the bar pan all the time!!! it is amazing!! As is the bacon.. I think you gave me a good idea for dinner tonight!

Do your pancakes brown on both sides when you cook them on the barpan? How long to you cook them at what temp? I've always wanted to try it but was skeptical...

Yes! Please change my mind about the pancakes. They don't seem to brown the same as they would on the stove top. Am I doing something wrong?

My husband usually makes the pancakes and uses my 8in. saute pan, it takes forever but he won't use anything else. Haha! My next investment is the double burner griddle.

I use an electric long griddle for my pancakes--I insist on them being circles and "traditional". :D I like using the electric griddle so that my stove top is freed up and I can have a helper in the kitchen--one doing eggs on the stove and one doing pancakes on the griddle on the island counter. But bacon MUST be done in the bar pan in the oven. That is absolutely the best way to do bacon. I loved learning that at a PC show before becoming a consultant. But that's just me...(Another side note...has anyone tried doing grilled cheese on the bar pan? It's in the handout in the files to go w/ the bar pan. It says "what happens on the top is happening on the bottom" and that you don't have to flip them. I tried this and was extremely disappointed in the way they turned out. They were super salty and the tops were hard, while the bottoms were not browned or firm at all.)

littlemaisyPC said:
Yes! Please change my mind about the pancakes. They don't seem to brown the same as they would on the stove top. Am I doing something wrong?

My husband usually makes the pancakes and uses my 8in. saute pan, it takes forever but he won't use anything else. Haha! My next investment is the double burner griddle.

:love:LOVE LOVE LOVE the DBG! It was the very last piece of Exec. Cookware that I got, and the only reason I got it was because I had Panorama Points to use (a cookware incentive we've had in the past) and I had everything else in that point range.

I had no idea how much I would love it, or how much I would use it! Even with my gas stove, with no two burners side by side having the same BTU's that griddle heats evenly - including the middle that isn't over a burner! Grilled Cheese, Quesadillas, Pancakes, French Toast...I can fill it up, and it all cooks evenly at the same time! It's one of my PC Treasures! :love:

littlemaisyPC said:

My son pointed out to me that the pancake was not as brown as when cooked on the griddle, but it was even on both top and bottom.

kcjodih said:
Do your pancakes brown on both sides when you cook them on the barpan? How long to you cook them at what temp? I've always wanted to try it but was skeptical...

I made a batch that called for 3 cups of dry mix.

Cooked at 350 for 20 minutes.

1. How do I cook bacon on a bar pan?

Cooking bacon on a bar pan is easy and mess-free. Simply preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place the bacon strips on the bar pan, making sure they do not overlap. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the desired level of crispiness is achieved.

2. Can I use a bar pan to cook pancakes?

Yes, you can use a bar pan to cook pancakes. Simply preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease the bar pan. Pour the pancake batter onto the pan, leaving enough space between each pancake. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the pancakes are golden brown and fully cooked.

3. Is it necessary to flip the pancakes when cooking on a bar pan?

No, flipping the pancakes is not necessary when cooking on a bar pan. The hot air circulation in the oven will evenly cook both sides of the pancakes, eliminating the need to flip them.

4. How many pancakes can I cook on a bar pan at once?

The number of pancakes you can cook on a bar pan at once will depend on the size of the pan and the size of your pancakes. As a general rule, leave enough space between each pancake to allow for even cooking and easy flipping.

5. Can I cook other breakfast foods on a bar pan?

Yes, a bar pan is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for cooking a variety of breakfast foods. You can use it to make scrambled eggs, hash browns, breakfast sandwiches, and even French toast. Get creative and explore all the delicious breakfast options you can make on a bar pan!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
deanna_g
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies