• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tried and True Recipes for Rcb

In summary, the conversation focused on the boil over issue with certain recipes in the RCB. Some members shared their experiences with the RCB, including cooking chicken and mac and cheese successfully without any boil over. Others recommended tried and true recipes for the RCB, such as fajitas, chicken pot pie, and tuna casserole. One member also shared a halved recipe for three-cheese mac and cheese specifically designed for the RCB.
maldvs
I know a lot of us have talked about the boil over issue with the RCB with certain DCB recipes cut in half.

I have a customer (a recently divorced male) who just bought an RCB and wrote me an email last night raving about how much he loved it. He cooked chicken in it last night and was so happy with how it came out.

This guy is just so nice and I want to send him my DCB Recipe Book via email but I'm apprehensive to do so since I'm not sure of which recipes may result in the boil over. Does anyone have a current file of tried and true RCB recipes?

69 views and no one that has a tried and true recipe for the RCB?? :(I haven't used mine much except for cooking chicken.

I made the mac & cheese recipe that is in the (TPC) DCB Cookbook and halved it.

Since it bakes in the oven and pasta is cooked before combining, there was no boil over issue in the microwave.

It fit EXACTLY in the RCB, no room to spare. I thought it was going to bubble over a little in the oven, but it did not.

Oh, and it is a DELICIOUS recipe. It is to die for, imo. :)

That's all I have done with mine.

kam said:

Since it bakes in the oven and pasta is cooked before combining, there was no boil over issue in the microwave.

It fit EXACTLY in the RCB, no room to spare. I thought it was going to bubble over a little in the oven, but it did not.

Awesome! Thanks!

I've just thrown a couple chicken breasts in with a rub on them, covered and microwaved them--delicious and juicy. I also made some of my own stuffed peppers and cooked in the oven, uncovered. Both were easy and very good. Easy to clean.

I do fajitas a lot.. Identical to DCB recipe but scaled down to fit in the RCB.

The chicken pot pie in the DCB cookbook works great!

kam said:

I went to pamperedchef.com and shop online and selected the RCB. There are 2 recipes under "recipes". They have the Tuna Casserole recipe that comes in the Use & Care with the RCB and they have the mac & cheese recipe already halved!

Here it is:

Three-Cheese Mac & Cheese

Ingredients:
8 oz uncooked orecchiette pasta
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), melted
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 1/2 cups 2% milk
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
4 oz sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
4 oz Gruyère cheese, shredded
2 oz fontina cheese, shredded
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1 cup cheese and garlic croutons

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, combine butter, flour and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in (2-qt./1.9-L) Saucepan; whisk until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes, whisking occasionally. Slowly add milk to flour mixture, whisking constantly until smooth. Add mustard, salt and black pepper. Simmer 8-11 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Add cheeses, one at a time, whisking constantly until sauce is smooth. Stir in chives. Remove Saucepan from heat.

2. Meanwhile, coarsely chop croutons using Food Chopper. Add cooked pasta to Round Covered Baker. Carefully pour sauce over pasta; mix well and top with croutons. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and croutons are golden brown. Remove baker from oven. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 790, Total Fat 41 g, Saturated Fat 22 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Carbohydrate 70 g, Protein 36 g, Sodium 1020 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tips: The cheeses in this recipe give it a special spin. Fontina is a semifirm, creamy Italian cheese with a mild, nutty flavor. Gruyère is a Swiss cheese with a rich, sweet, nutty flavor. White cheddar, the most familiar of the three, has a sharp flavor that provides contrast to the other two varieties.

Other types of pasta, such as elbow, can be substituted for the orecchiette pasta, if desired.

Dry mustard is the ground seed of the mustard plant. It can be found in the spice aisle of most grocery stores.

Serve this dish with steamed vegetables or a colorful salad.

What is the "Tried and True Recipes for Rcb" cookbook?

The "Tried and True Recipes for Rcb" cookbook is a collection of recipes curated by Pampered Chef consultants that have been tested and approved by customers. These recipes are guaranteed to be delicious and easy to make.

How can I purchase the "Tried and True Recipes for Rcb" cookbook?

You can purchase the "Tried and True Recipes for Rcb" cookbook through your Pampered Chef consultant or online at the Pampered Chef website. It is also available for purchase at Pampered Chef parties.

Are the recipes in the "Tried and True Recipes for Rcb" cookbook healthy?

Yes, the "Tried and True Recipes for Rcb" cookbook includes a variety of healthy recipes that are perfect for incorporating into a balanced diet. Each recipe includes nutritional information, making it easy to track your intake.

Can I customize the recipes in the "Tried and True Recipes for Rcb" cookbook?

Absolutely! The recipes in the "Tried and True Recipes for Rcb" cookbook are meant to be versatile and can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to add or omit ingredients as needed.

What types of recipes can I find in the "Tried and True Recipes for Rcb" cookbook?

The "Tried and True Recipes for Rcb" cookbook features a wide range of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, sides, desserts, and more. There are also recipes for special diets such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and low carb.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tammym
  • wadesgirl