• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Newsletter with Word: My First Try

In summary, Sandy, you can do your newsletters in Publisher by following the instructions on www.tastytidbits.net.
ChefSandyK
Until I figure out my problem with Publisher, I'm trying to do the newsletter using Word. What do you think? Any suggestions? All comments are welcome...this is my first try! :D

I like it. How did you do the if you want to be removed click here?

It's a hyperlink. While in Word (or Publisher, for that matter), right click and choose "hyperlink". It talks you though the rest. Only problem I'm running into is that I can attach it as a file (both in Word and Publisher) on AOL, but in order to embed it in the email I have to copy it as a picture. Of course, I don't want to attach it...people won't take the time to open it, I'm sure. Unfortunately, when it's embedded as a picture, the hyperlinks don't work. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this glitch...

Sandy

I really liked it..only thing was at the top it said have no business in the...and it didnt have anything just a pumpkin

Loved your newsletter Sandy! :D The pictures were cute too!

Thank you.....for all the feedback. Does anyone else get the "no business in the kitchen" cut off?

Have a great day,
Sandy

Yep, the "kitchen" part was cut off. It looks great though! I did my August newsletter in Publisher for the first time and it was fun! (Once I figured out what I was doing) And addictive. I converted mine to a pdf file and did have to attach it to my email. I figured I probably had some people not even read it even when it was in the body of the email. Oh well.

How do you convert it to pdf?

Threre's a website where you can download a printer driver that converts it to a pdf file. THe website is www.pdf995.com and you can download it for free. I'm not quite sure how it works, but it did. One of my recruits told me about it. I just followed the download directions and was able to do it. Good luck!

Thank you Becky!Thanks so much Becky! I do newsletters for my Pampered Chef business and the wives club for my husband's battery so you'd think I would know how to do this by now!! This will be great! Thanks again!! :D :D

kitchenqueen said:
Thanks so much Becky! I do newsletters for my Pampered Chef business and the wives club for my husband's battery so you'd think I would know how to do this by now!! This will be great! Thanks again!! :D :D
No problem! It's really fun to do newsletters this way, once you get the hang of it. :)

Hey all :)

I was wondering where i can get publisher?

Thanks!

Microsoft Publisher...is part of the Microsoft Office Suite, I believe. Of course, now that I've found Constant Contact (through here...THANK YOU!) I am going to do all my newsletter through them. I love the idea of knowing who opens/clicks through rather than just deleting. I also like knowing that my mail won't be seen as spam (recipients have an "opt out" link as well.

Have a great day,
Sandy

Constant Contact? This could be what I've been looking for--where can I learn more?

I believe it is www.constantcontact.com, but I like using tasty tid bits better. A lady in California makes a newletter every month for Pampered Chef consultants. If you just want one issue it is $3, but she also has subscriptions...I pay $12 for the entire year (that's only $1/mo...well worth the investment!)...plus if you get others to put your name down as a referral when they do it, you get a month added to your subscription for free. She is a really nice lady and gets her newsletters out to the consultants by the 25th of each month. She allows you to edit it in anyway and it always overloaded with info so you either have really long newsletters or you just cut sections out. It makes it really easy to use. her website is www.tastytidbits.net and she has a sample newsletter from months ago that she allows you to see so you know if you will like it or not. I hope this helps.

1. How can I add a title to my newsletter in Word?

To add a title to your newsletter in Word, click on the "Insert" tab, then click on "Text Box" and choose the style of text box you would like to use for your title. Type in your title and format it as desired.

2. How do I insert images into my newsletter in Word?

To insert images into your newsletter in Word, click on the "Insert" tab, then click on "Pictures" and choose the image you would like to insert. You can also resize and position the image as desired.

3. Can I use different fonts and colors in my newsletter in Word?

Yes, you can use different fonts and colors in your newsletter in Word. Simply highlight the text you want to change and use the font and color options in the "Home" tab to make your desired changes.

4. How can I add a table to my newsletter in Word?

To add a table to your newsletter in Word, click on the "Insert" tab, then click on "Table" and choose the number of rows and columns you want. You can then customize the table by adjusting the cell sizes and adding borders or shading.

5. Is it possible to save my newsletter as a PDF in Word?

Yes, you can save your newsletter as a PDF in Word. Click on the "File" tab, then select "Save As" and choose "PDF" from the file format options. This will save your newsletter as a PDF file that can be easily shared with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
betsyb
Replies
Views
cochef
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies