• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did the Trifle Bowl Recipe in the Catalog Include Chocolate?

I made the Cran-Fizz this weekend for a party and I mixed it all up except adding the gingerale and then I divided it in half in 2 - 2 qt QSP and in the one I added half the bottle of gingerale and the other one I added a bottle of Asti... it went over very well (as an alternative to adding vodka)... Or you could just keep it all together and skip the gingerale and add 2 bottles of Asti (I just wanted some that the kids and people that don't want alcohol could drink too)... but it did go fast!Update: The show was last night and she is standing at $602.00 with some orders still to come in. Who
Trish in Texas
Gold Member
Which recipe is depicted in the catalog? Looks like it might have chocolate in it. A host wants me to make it on Thursday.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

DOn't they still list recipes from each cattie on CC??

Found it...in chocolate bliss recioes. It's the Chocolate-Raspberry Cookie Trifle. It's going to be a busy show. We're doing Loaded Baked Potato Chowcer, Cran-Fizz Drink and the Trifle. That's what the host wants. I talk to her again today. I may see if she can make the Cran-Fizz ahead of time.

Thanks, youall.

Trish in Texas

Trish in Texas said:
Found it...in chocolate bliss recioes. It's the Chocolate-Raspberry Cookie Trifle. It's going to be a busy show. We're doing Loaded Baked Potato Chowcer, Cran-Fizz Drink and the Trifle. That's what the host wants. I talk to her again today. I may see if she can make the Cran-Fizz ahead of time.

Thanks, youall.

Trish in Texas

Whoa! you are brave...lol...

I did a show once where I made the Jerk chicken nachos & a choc/cherry trifle (can't remember the exact name) & it was hectic!!! I tried to make it an interactive show because the host really wanted both recipes...& NOONE would participate...they just wanted to drink & gossip. Hopefully your guests are a bit more helpful & willing than mine were...lol :):D:rolleyes:

When I talk to her today, I am going to tell her that her guests will need to help cook. As you say, that is way too much food to do...plus it starts late, at 7:30 pm !!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

You could always do the trifle ahead of time and have it in the fridge setting.

That trifle is a PITA. I'd have it made in advance.

I always make my trifles the day before. It will save you so much time!!

Honestly, this particular trifle is ok at best, IMHO (your mileage may vary). It just didn't have a wow factor to it. I've actually been looking at recipes outside of PC (gasp!) for my trifle recipes.

c00p said:
Honestly, this particular trifle is ok at best, IMHO (your mileage may vary). It just didn't have a wow factor to it. I've actually been looking at recipes outside of PC (gasp!) for my trifle recipes.

I found a pumpkin trifle recipe on allrecipes that everyone really liked at my open house!

Thanks for the advice, guys. The host has agreed to make the Cran Fizz ahead of time...apparently she was going to buy wine for the event but may add vodka or something to the Cran Fizz. We will have to cart our microwave over there, as hers is too small !! But, she has very excited guests so hopefully all this extra work will pay off with big orders! And, she says they'll be glad to help do some of the cooking...so interactive show here we come!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Hope it goes well for you!

Trish in Texas said:
Thanks for the advice, guys. The host has agreed to make the Cran Fizz ahead of time...apparently she was going to buy wine for the event but may add vodka or something to the Cran Fizz. We will have to cart our microwave over there, as hers is too small !! But, she has very excited guests so hopefully all this extra work will pay off with big orders! And, she says they'll be glad to help do some of the cooking...so interactive show here we come!Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant
I made the Cran-Fizz this weekend for a party and I mixed it all up except adding the gingerale and then I divided it in half in 2 - 2 qt QSP and in the one I added half the bottle of gingerale and the other one I added a bottle of Asti... it went over very well (as an alternative to adding vodka)... Or you could just keep it all together and skip the gingerale and add 2 bottles of Asti (I just wanted some that the kids and people that don't want alcohol could drink too)... but it did go fast!

Update: The show was last night and she is standing at $602.00 with some orders still to come in. Whoopee! She couldn't find all the ingredients for the Cran Fizz so she just made tea in QSP. The soup went over great...but the trifle didn't look pretty enough (although it tasted really good).

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

1. What is a trifle bowl and how is it different from a regular bowl?

A trifle bowl is a large, clear glass bowl specifically designed for serving and displaying layered desserts. It is typically deeper and wider than a regular bowl, allowing for more layers and a beautiful presentation.

2. Can I use any type of cake for the trifle bowl recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake that you prefer. However, it is recommended to use a sponge or pound cake as they hold up better when soaked in liquid and won't become too soggy.

3. How far in advance can I make the trifle bowl recipe?

The trifle bowl recipe can be made up to 24 hours in advance. It is important to refrigerate the trifle until ready to serve to keep it fresh and prevent the layers from becoming too soft.

4. Can I substitute the fruit in the trifle bowl recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the fruit with any fruit of your choice. Just make sure to use fruits that are in season and complement the other flavors in the trifle.

5. Can I use store-bought whipped cream for the trifle bowl recipe?

While you can use store-bought whipped cream, it is recommended to make your own fresh whipped cream for the best flavor and texture. It only takes a few minutes and is well worth the effort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • JackieB999
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Aun
  • Trish in Texas