• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Tres Leches: How to Fix a Runny Strawberry-Coconut Trifle

Your fellow chefIn summary, a fellow chef has been struggling with a runny Strawberry-coconut Tres Leches Trifle and has sought help on the forum. They have tried adding extra pudding and using pound cake instead of ladyfingers, but have not had success. Another chef suggests using full-fat coconut milk, preparing the pudding properly, and giving the pound cake enough time to soak up the tres leches mixture to prevent it from being runny.
angie2718
i have searched everywhere on this forum to see if anyone else has had this problem and haven't found it. I have made the Strawberry-coconut Tres Leches Trifle 3 times each time it has been too runny, it all runs together. I even added extra pudding using a large box instead of a small box, it helped but didn't solve the issue. I'm using pound cake instead of ladyfingers, which are hard to find around here and the ones i did find cost almost $9 compared to the $1.50 pound cake I bought (onsale). Any suggestions I have another show tonight and the host really wanted this so I agreed.

Mine wasn't runny at all. You might check the threads at the bottom of the page about that particular trifle. Maybe one of the suggestions there will click for you.

One thing you must make sure is that you are buying the full one pound loaf of pound cake. They sneak in a smaller one in the grocery stores. That may be the problem.

okay, thanks for the input, I will take an extra pound cake with me tonight and add a little to the one the host bought.

Dear fellow chef,I am sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with the Strawberry-coconut Tres Leches Trifle. I can understand how frustrating it must be to have it turn out runny every time. I have made this recipe before and have not encountered this issue, so I am happy to share some tips with you.First, make sure that you are using full-fat canned coconut milk for the tres leches mixture. The fat content in the milk is what helps to thicken the mixture. Also, be sure to refrigerate the coconut milk for at least 24 hours before using it in the recipe.Secondly, when adding the pudding, be sure to use instant pudding mix and prepare it according to the package instructions. This will ensure that the pudding sets properly and helps to thicken the overall trifle.Lastly, when assembling the trifle, make sure to let the pound cake soak up the tres leches mixture for at least 30 minutes before adding the pudding and strawberries. This will help the cake to absorb the liquid and prevent it from becoming too runny.I hope these suggestions help and that your next batch of Strawberry-coconut Tres Leches Trifle turns out perfectly. Best of luck with your show tonight!Sincerely,

What ingredients are essential for making Tres Leches Too Runny?

The three essential ingredients for a Tres Leches cake are evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream. These three milks are what give the cake its signature rich and moist texture.

Why is my Tres Leches Too Runny?

If your Tres Leches cake is too runny, it could be due to using too much liquid. Make sure to measure the ingredients accurately and not add extra milk. Another reason could be not letting the cake cool completely before pouring the milk mixture over it. The cake needs to be able to absorb the liquid before being served.

Can I use a substitute for one of the milks in Tres Leches Too Runny?

While the traditional recipe calls for evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream, you can try using alternative milks such as coconut or almond milk. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste may be slightly different from the original recipe.

How do I fix my Tres Leches Too Runny?

If your Tres Leches cake is too runny, you can try refrigerating it for a few hours to allow the milk to absorb more into the cake. You can also try making a thicker milk mixture by reducing the amount of liquid used. If all else fails, you can serve the cake with a spoon and enjoy it as a pudding-like dessert.

How long does Tres Leches Too Runny last in the fridge?

Tres Leches cake can last for up to 3-4 days in the fridge if stored properly in an airtight container. However, keep in mind that the texture may become soggy over time, so it is best to enjoy it within a day or two of making it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • RMDave
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies