• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Travelling With the Deep Covered Baker

I also put a towel on the tote and put the protector on top. I pad it with a towel then put the tote in the padded envelope.
lindy0116
I’m a new consultant and right now only have the carrying bag that came with my kit for toting products. I’m going to be bringing my Deep Covered Baker to shows with me and wondering if anyone has any tips on how they safely transport it. This was something I already owned so I’ve long since tossed the box.

Thanks

I used one of the cookware protectors between the baker and the lid.

I put a towel on the baker, then the lid on the towel, inverted. I then carry it separately from anything else, unless I have room in my crate (I have one of the old plastic crates that no longer comes with the kit).

I use the cookware protector with the lid inverted and put it in the small padded envelope you can buy on a supply order.

wadesgirl said:
I use the cookware protector with the lid inverted and put it in the small padded envelope you can buy on a supply order.

This is what I do, too.

I definately recommend the padded envelopes. I haven't used the large one yet but I love the small one for my DCB. Great investment.

chefheidi2003 said:
I definately recommend the padded envelopes. I haven't used the large one yet but I love the small one for my DCB. Great investment.

I also have the larger one. It's perfect for protecting the 12 in skillet or the grill pan if I'm using them for shows. My last show, I put my bamboo platter and square bowls all together in there. I put a hot pad in between the platter and the bowls, though, just to be sure the platter didn't get scratched. But this makes sure that the other tools won't bang up or chip the edges of the bamboo pieces. :)

babywings76 said:
I also have the larger one. It's perfect for protecting the 12 in skillet or the grill pan if I'm using them for shows. My last show, I put my bamboo platter and square bowls all together in there. I put a hot pad in between the platter and the bowls, though, just to be sure the platter didn't get scratched. But this makes sure that the other tools won't bang up or chip the edges of the bamboo pieces. :)

That is a good idea..thanks..I have yet to use cookware at one of my shows..I have been doing this for 7 years. I should I just don't..I love all of the other products too much..LOL.

But I will keep your bamboo idea in mind. Thanks

If you have no other PC totes or bags just use towels to pad it and put it in any tote you have to transport it. I think it would make the consultant tote too heavy if you added it to the other things you'll take to the show but it could be in there if you can lift it.

Are the "padded envelopes" paper or are they made out of the tote bag material?

They are made out of the tote bag material.

Cool, I had NO idea.. Of course, I just placed a supply order, and it should be here any day... so that'll go on next months order. Thank you for sharing this little tidbit!:)

mom4angela said:
Cool, I had NO idea.. Of course, I just placed a supply order, and it should be here any day... so that'll go on next months order. Thank you for sharing this little tidbit!:)

Check with your director. She could add yours on if she's doing a supply order or put the word out to your local team to see if anyone is ordering.

My director who lives in the Chicago area got these great thermal zippered bags at the Osco/Jewel grocery store. They are like a recylcable grocery bag only sturdier. The DCB and the Trifle bowl fits in them perfectly. They sell them for $1.00. If you don't find them in the freezer sections, go to the service desk and ask about them.

My director even sent one to Pampered Chef to see if they could have something similiar made up. They really are perfect plus they are insulated!

Karen

These are all great ideas, thanks everybody. I think I'll get one of those padded envelopes on my next order.

I use the protector's and I put in the tool around tote.

What is the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is a versatile stoneware dish that can be used to cook a variety of dishes in the oven or microwave. It is designed to retain heat and moisture, resulting in delicious, evenly cooked meals.

Is the Deep Covered Baker safe for travelling?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe for travelling. It is made of durable stoneware and has a secure lid, making it perfect for transporting food to potlucks, picnics, or family gatherings.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in a car or RV?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in a car or RV as long as it is secured properly during travel. The stoneware material is sturdy and can withstand bumps and vibrations without breaking. However, we recommend using caution when removing the dish from the oven or microwave as it will be hot.

What types of dishes can I make in the Deep Covered Baker while travelling?

You can make a variety of dishes in the Deep Covered Baker while travelling. Some popular options include casseroles, roasts, and even desserts. The stoneware material allows for even heating and retains moisture, resulting in delicious and evenly cooked meals.

How do I clean the Deep Covered Baker while on the road?

Cleaning the Deep Covered Baker while travelling is easy. Simply rinse it with hot water and use a mild soap if needed. If the dish has stubborn food residue, you can soak it in warm water before cleaning. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils, as they can damage the stoneware. Always make sure the dish is completely dry before storing it for travel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • marystell1
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
marystell1
  • sjspchef