• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Way to Travel with Wooden Skewers for a Concert Tailgate?

In summary, the best way to travel with skewers is to put them in a ziploc bag and put them in the fridge.
ChefMary412
I am going to a Jimmy Buffet concert this weekend. I am making pork, pepper, and pineapple skewers with the pineapple rum sauce... it will go great with a Corona.
I am wondering what is the best way to travel with it. I know you are supposed to soak the wooden skewers before use. Can I soak them, then put the food on it and then pack it to cook there?
Should I just put it together there? I was hoping that would not be the best way.
I have never used wooden ones before so any help would be good.

it would be best to do it there

in my own opinion

:chef:

I LOVE Jimmy Buffet! Where are you going? I was at 2 one I saw and heard the other I heard but never made it into the show! The second was much funner!

The point of soaking them is so that the skewers will be wet when you put them on the grill, and not burn. If you soak them before, then assemble, then travel, it kind of defeats the purpose of soaking them to begin with.

Yeah, don't assemble them til you get there. Here's an idea I've heard:Take an empty 2-liter bottle. Put your wooden skewers in the bottle. Fill it almost full with water. Cap the bottle. Take the bottle to wherever you're cooking or store the bottle in the fridge. The skewers will sort of pop out when you open the bottle, and they'll be nice and wet.

Thanks for the help. yeah, I figured soaking not cooking immediately was kind of foolish.. just hoping not to do it there. I actually think I am going to precook them, so they are ready to eat.. just warm up a little. We are seeing them in Massachusetts at Great Woods... well, that is what it was called years ago. I think it is the Comcast Center now. So excited!!!

What are the benefits of using wooden skewers for traveling?

Wooden skewers are lightweight and easy to pack, making them perfect for traveling. They are also disposable, so you won't have to worry about cleaning them during your trip. Additionally, wooden skewers are versatile and can be used for grilling, roasting, or as cocktail picks.

How do I pack wooden skewers for traveling?

To pack wooden skewers for traveling, place them in a sturdy container or wrap them in aluminum foil. Make sure to pack them in a way that prevents them from getting damaged or breaking during transportation.

Can I bring wooden skewers on a plane?

Yes, you can bring wooden skewers on a plane in your checked baggage. However, they are not allowed in carry-on luggage as they can be considered a potential weapon. It's always best to check with the airline's guidelines before packing them for your trip.

Can wooden skewers be reused?

Wooden skewers are not meant to be reused as they can become brittle and break easily after being used once. It's also not recommended to wash and reuse wooden skewers as they can harbor bacteria from the food they were originally used for.

Are there any safety precautions I should take when traveling with wooden skewers?

When traveling with wooden skewers, it's important to properly dispose of them after use. Do not leave them lying around, especially in outdoor areas where they can pose a risk to wildlife. It's also recommended to use caution when handling and disposing of them to avoid injury.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • NooraK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
minirottie
Replies