• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Traveling to San Antonio, Need Tips

I agree, but I think it's best to do it in daylight. You can't see everything the tour guide is pointing out if it's dark. You could take two rides, one in the dark and one during the day.
cookn' katie
I am traveling to San Antonio next month for my other job and need tourist tips. We are staying at the Grand Hyatt on the river walk. Please offer any tips, great restraunts, etc!!

Hola! Mi Tierra restaurant, located downtown, is well know for the Mexican Food. It's a bit pricey for locals, but most business travelers enjoy it. Definitely check out Market Square, and walk down the riverwalk. You may like riding up the Hemisphere tower, and you can get a nice bird's eye view. The restaurant up on the tower is fabulous, but a bit pricey. Stay away from all Mexican restaurants on the riverwalk....food is gross!

Will you have a car? What do you like to do?

Learn Spanish, fast! LOL ;)

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Hola! Mi Tierra restaurant, located downtown, is well know for the Mexican Food. It's a bit pricey for locals, but most business travelers enjoy it. Definitely check out Market Square, and walk down the riverwalk. You may like riding up the Hemisphere tower, and you can get a nice bird's eye view. The restaurant up on the tower is fabulous, but a bit pricey. Stay away from all Mexican restaurants on the riverwalk....food is gross!

Will you have a car? What do you like to do?

we will be flying in and taking a taxi to the hotel. I am there for a conference on bone health. We will get in on Monday afternoon and fly back out on Wed afternoon. I have heard the river walk is a must, but I love good Mexican and good margaritas. It is another gal and myself who is going!! I will look up the Mi Tierra for sure. The company is paying for my meals!! Yahoo!

Oh then you definitely need to eat at Mi Tierra! They're known for their gigantic and yummy Margarita's and used to have Mariachi's! The riverwalk and Market Square is fun, and if it's company money...do the Tower restaurant too.

I'll post more suggestions as they pop up in the brain.

I've lived here too long I think! LOL!! I can't think of much that would bring someone to San Antonio on recreation. LOL!! I know you are going for a business trip, but still.

Don't forget to at least VISIT the Alamo. It's right next door and an important part of our History. You can see the whole thing in an hour.

There's a restaurant that is inside a crooked house. It's really good food and just outside walking distance from the Riverwalk. I agree with what everyone else says in addition to this restaurant.

Liberty Bar 328 East Josephine St. San Antonio, Texas 78215-1127
Telephone: (210) 227-1187

That is an awesome restaurant Jae! Forgot all about that one. Also, Chris Madrid's is great, but not near downtown.

http://www.chrismadrids.com/main.php?language=english

Take the boat ride down the river. It gives you some great views of the city you don't get otherwise and you hear the history of the city too.

chefpenny99 said:
Take the boat ride down the river. It gives you some great views of the city you don't get otherwise and you hear the history of the city too.

I agree, but I think it's best to do it in daylight. You can't see everything the tour guide is pointing out if it's dark. You could take two rides, one in the dark and one during the day.

1. What are some must-see attractions in San Antonio?

Some popular attractions in San Antonio include The Alamo, River Walk, San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, and the Tower of the Americas.

2. What is the best way to get around San Antonio?

The most convenient way to get around San Antonio is by using the VIA Metropolitan Transit system, which includes buses, streetcars, and a downtown trolley. You can also use ride-sharing apps like Uber or Lyft.

3. What is the weather like in San Antonio?

San Antonio has a subtropical climate, with hot summers and mild winters. It is generally sunny and warm throughout the year, so pack accordingly.

4. Are there any recommended restaurants in San Antonio?

Some popular restaurants in San Antonio include Mi Tierra Cafe y Panaderia, The Pearl, and La Margarita. Be sure to also try some Tex-Mex and authentic Mexican cuisine while you're there.

5. What are some fun activities for families in San Antonio?

Families can enjoy a variety of activities in San Antonio, such as visiting SeaWorld or Six Flags Fiesta Texas, exploring the San Antonio Zoo, or taking a boat tour along the River Walk. The city also has several museums and parks that are family-friendly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Shari in TX
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies