• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Traveling-To Bring Laptop or Not

In summary, a full-time student is going on an all-girls trip to Orlando and is worried about leaving her laptop in the hotel room all day. She has found that packing her laptop and taking it with her has never been a problem. She also recommends locking it in a suitcase when travelling.
chefbritt
I'm leaving on Monday for Orlando, I'll be spending the week there with my mom and sister for an all-girls trip. Our hotel has free wireless internet, and I'm debating bringing my laptop. I'm a full-time student, and I'm going during the middle of classes, so I have a ton of work to do. I would like to get some of it done in the evenings. However, I'm really nervous about bringing it with me. I don't like the idea of leaving it in the hotel all day with maids and such in and out. I also am paranoid about the effects of all of the security equipment and everything in the airport, even though realistically I know it won't harm it. So do any of you travel with your laptops? Have you ever had any problems? What about leaving it in the hotel? I know I'm probably over thinking this, but my whole life is on this thing, so I'm a little protective. TIA!

I always bring my laptop with me and we travel alot. I carry it on the plane and have never had any problems with it. Also, I have never had a problem leaving it in a hotel room. Even in foreign countries I leave it plugged in on the table. Never had it stolen and never heard of one being stolen. I can understand the paranoia, but I really wouldn't worry.

I would not worry about it either. Hotels keep records of who swipes the key in and out of your room. They can pinpoint everyone who has been in and out of your room (employees).

Just remember it is a little extra pain going through security. You have to take it out of the case and it gets it's own bin thing to go through the xray

I take mine with me and pack a small suitcase lock. I lock my laptop in my suitcase when I leave it in the room. (And take the key with me!)

I take mine with me. Which when we travel it is by car, so, a little different. I have never felt nervous about leaving my laptop in the hotel room at all. If I felt nervous about leaving things in there, then it would not be somwehere I would be comfortable staying in at all.

I wouldn't worry about traveling with your laptop - business travelers do it all the time, so hotels are used to seeing them and I highly doubt that a hotel would allow themselves to be liable by not making it clear to their staff that theft is NOT an option.

My only problem with taking my laptop when I travel on vacation is working when I'm supposed to be on vacation. I get sucked in to my emails and forget to let go and have fun! So, feel free to bring it, but don't forget to relax and have a good time, too! ;)

1. Should I bring my laptop with me when I travel?

It ultimately depends on your personal needs and preferences. If you need your laptop for work or to stay connected, then it might be a good idea to bring it with you. However, if you are traveling for leisure and can do without it, it might be better to leave it at home.

2. Will my laptop be safe while traveling?

As long as you take proper precautions, your laptop should be safe during travel. Make sure to keep it with you at all times and avoid leaving it unattended in public places. It's also a good idea to invest in a sturdy laptop case for added protection.

3. Can I bring my laptop on an airplane?

Yes, you can bring your laptop on an airplane. However, it will need to go through security screening, so make sure to have it easily accessible. Some airlines may also have restrictions on the size and weight of carry-on items, so be sure to check with your specific airline beforehand.

4. Do I need a special adapter to charge my laptop while traveling internationally?

Yes, you will likely need a special adapter to charge your laptop while traveling internationally. Different countries have different types of outlets, so it's important to research and purchase the appropriate adapter for your destination.

5. How can I keep my laptop and personal information secure while traveling?

Make sure to keep your laptop password protected and avoid using public Wi-Fi networks, which can be vulnerable to hacking. It's also a good idea to back up your important files before traveling and avoid storing sensitive information on your laptop if possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • dianevill
  • General Chat
Replies