• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I transport my torte pan cakes without getting frosting on the lid?

In summary, the older Tupperware cake keeper that was measured at Target does not fit torte pan cakes. A newer Cake Saver at Target was too tall but the Tupperware cake keeper at home has a blue base with a frosted clear cover and is big enough to fit torte pan cakes. The Cake Saver at home is also used to transport and store cakes from the torte pans. When carrying baked cake layers to shows for assembly, the Cake Saver is put back in the pans and the pans are put back in the box.
aksusan
how do you transport your cakes made in the torte pans? I have a tupperware cake saver thing (really old) that I use at home, but it is barely bigger around than the torte pan cakes and always gets frosting on the inside sides of the lid since it is such a tight squeeze.

I've made cakes at shows before, but haven't made them ahead to take along because I can't figure how to transport.

ideas?

thanks.

Maybe you need to get the newer Cake savers? I've got a Tupperware Cake Saver- and I have no trouble with my torte cakes. i've done the mojito citrus torte- and it's double-stacked and frosted....and it had plenty of room.I don't know what might be available at Target or Walmart or wherever you'd get food storage items, but I'm sure you could find something there too.

I wish PC would sell a lid for the Large Round Platter! I've submitted it as a suggestion.

I have an older Tupperware cake keeper, too, and the torte pan cakes are about 1/2 inch too big for it. I measured a newer cake keeper at Target to see if it would fit. It was taller, but still not large enough in diameter for a torte cake :(

edit - Bobbi, I wonder how yours fits? I called Tupperware and they measured their new one for me, and it was also too small.

ShellBeach said:
I wish PC would sell a lid for the Large Round Platter! I've submitted it as a suggestion.

I have an older Tupperware cake keeper, too, and the torte pan cakes are about 1/2 inch too big for it. I measured a newer cake keeper at Target to see if it would fit. It was taller, but still not large enough in diameter for a torte cake :(

edit - Bobbi, I wonder how yours fits? I called Tupperware and they measured their new one for me, and it was also too small.

I'll double check- but I'm almost positive it was what I had the cake in...because I don't have anything else for round-cakes.

I use my tuperware to carry and store cakes from the torte pans. Mine has a blue base with a frosted clear cover. If I recall correctly the cakes from the discontinued tarte pan are a bit too big for it.

If I'm bringing the cakes ready made for a torte pan recipe to a show, I just leave the cakes in the pans for transportation. I'll flip them out to cool them and wash the pans, but I'll flip the cakes back into the pans. You can get the cardboard cake rounds at a craft store to put on top of the pans.I want to say that my Wilton cake carrier is big enough, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Thanks for the ideas. I was just thinking there MUST be some PC thing that I had completely overlooked for toting the cakes around. :) (any excuse to get more PC stuff, right?!)I'll check Target and/or Michaels, and I'll measure the containers.

I have a large round Rubbermaid container that is big enough to hold torte pan cakes. I use the container piece (not the lid) and turn it over to use as a cover on the large round platter. That allows me to serve the cake from SA, but have a light-weight lid on it (I have used the glass dome from a cake plate, too, and it's too heavy when combined with the weight of the platter). When carrying baked cake layers to shows for assembly there, however, I usually put the cooled layers back in the pans and put the pans back in the box.

1. How do I transport a torte pan cake without it getting ruined?

To transport a torte pan cake, first make sure it is completely cooled before attempting to move it. Use a sturdy cake carrier or box to prevent the cake from shifting during transportation. If the cake is too tall to fit in the carrier or box, gently remove the top layer and transport it separately. Once at your destination, carefully reassemble the cake and add any decorations.

2. Can I use a regular cake carrier for a torte pan cake?

Yes, you can use a regular cake carrier for a torte pan cake as long as it is the appropriate size. Make sure the carrier is deep enough to fit the height of the cake and has a sturdy base to prevent the cake from shifting during transportation.

3. How do I prevent the layers of the torte pan cake from sticking together during transportation?

To prevent the layers of the torte pan cake from sticking together during transportation, place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper between each layer. This will create a barrier and prevent the layers from sticking together. You can also lightly dust each layer with powdered sugar to further prevent sticking.

4. Can I freeze a torte pan cake for transportation?

Yes, you can freeze a torte pan cake for transportation. Make sure the cake is completely cooled before wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. When ready to transport, place the frozen cake in a cooler or insulated bag with ice packs to keep it cold. Once at your destination, allow the cake to thaw completely before serving.

5. How long can a torte pan cake stay out at room temperature during transportation?

A torte pan cake can stay out at room temperature for up to 2 hours during transportation. After that, it is best to refrigerate or freeze the cake to prevent any potential food safety issues. If the cake has been out for longer than 2 hours, it is safest to discard it and make a new one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lkbcovington
  • KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • Jessamary