• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Training Strategies for Male Consultants in Your Team

In summary, John just recruited two more male consultants and is concerned about how to train them. Men seem to be more "just the facts", while women want all the details. He recommends treating them the same as everyone else and providing meatballs instead of candies as an incentive/reward. Scott says be a great leader by example.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
Okay...I've rewritten this post 3 times! I can't seem to say this without sounding like I'm not excited about having guys join my team so please keep that in mind as you read this :)

I just signed my second male consultant in 3 weeks. I'm not worried about them being consultants, I am excited to see how they change the dynamic of our cluster. My concern is how to train them. Men seem to be more "just the facts", while women want all the details. Does anyone have any suggestions? Have you found you need to change how you present any of your training?

Don't sweat it...No one changed anything, see comment below, in our cluster when I joined and I had no problem figuring things out. Just treat them exactly the same as everyone else. If they have a concern, let them come to you.

Just remember though, there is one thing that does need to change. Don't just say "ladies" when you want everyones attention!

It took me a minute to catch the laugh in your post, but I finally did! I've not recruited but one girl and she's now inactive, but I'll have to remember that. The bad thing is that I have a few guys for regular customers and I try not to say ladies during my show, but I've done it a few times!

It ain't easy being green!I gotta tell you, it took my recruiter/director months to get over that one. Then when we combined groups after several years, it started all over again!
It only took three months before I got them all trained properly! Other than that, nothing was different in our training. There should not be. We are all there to learn the same things as far as sales, bookings and recruiting goes and as far as I could tell, the info is generic, not genderized. So just relax and do what you would normally do.
Oh yeah, if you all prepare food for your meetings at times, just remember to add meat to the menu once in a while and none of that froo-froo food stuff!
JUST KIDDING!

Real Men Don't Eat Quiche?Okay, John...no, quiche...add meat...I've got it :) What about incentives/rewards? Like the gold chef's hat pin when a consultant qualifies. I'm not sure a man would want (or should:) ) wear that? Sometimes I will give little things for monthly recognition...like a "payday" candy bar for top sales, little star candles for signing a new consultant and "sharing their light" with others, a red ring pop for someone that is on track for TPC...stuff like that that women love but men roll their eyes at:rolleyes: I guess I'll have to get more creative....maybe something with meat :D

Can you replace the candy in the ring with steak? Do ya think that would work?

cmdtrgd said:
Can you replace the candy in the ring with steak? Do ya think that would work?

Hmmm....maybe substitute a meatball with "ruby" red spaghetti sauce!

Sorry I haven't responded to thisI was too busy thinking about that one. Meatballs instead of ruby candies. (Or maybe you need ruby red slippers!(see note below)).
Well, our group is not that creative. PC dollars are the the gift/incentive of choice. Makes it easier for the directors. The pin, well you might be right on that one. I am at a loss. Maybe just a small pork chop!
(And never rule out quiche! You may not know exactly who you are dealing with!)

Last edited:
Just treat us like any other professional salesperson, and tell us what to do to succeed, and those men who choose to follow your advice will rise to the top. The folks who don't want to do the work will wash out.

Be a great leader by example.

Also, when I want to learn something, I search out both the facts and the details because everything worth doing is worth doing well!

Scott

PS I love quiche ;)

What is the process for training male consultants?

The process for training male consultants at Pampered Chef is the same as for female consultants. All new consultants are required to attend an initial training session, where they will learn about our products, business model, and sales techniques. We also offer ongoing training and support through webinars, conferences, and mentorship programs.

Are there any resources specifically tailored for male consultants?

Yes, we have specific resources and training materials available for male consultants. These include articles, videos, and webinars that discuss topics such as how to connect with male clients, challenges faced by male consultants, and tips for building a successful business as a male consultant.

Can male consultants participate in all company events and conferences?

Yes, all consultants at Pampered Chef are welcome to attend any company event or conference, regardless of their gender. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive community for all of our consultants.

How can male consultants overcome any stigma or stereotypes associated with working for Pampered Chef?

We understand that there may be some stigma or stereotypes associated with male consultants in the direct sales industry. Our best advice for overcoming this is to be confident in yourself and your business. Focus on providing excellent customer service and building genuine relationships with your clients. Our products speak for themselves, and as long as you are passionate and knowledgeable about them, any stereotypes will quickly fade away.

Are there any success stories of male consultants at Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! We have many successful male consultants who have built thriving businesses with Pampered Chef. We regularly feature their stories on our website and social media channels to inspire and motivate others. Our company values diversity and welcomes anyone who is interested in joining our team, regardless of gender.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedK