• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Training Male Consultants

GeorgiaPeach

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 22, 2005
Okay...I've rewritten this post 3 times! I can't seem to say this without sounding like I'm not excited about having guys join my team so please keep that in mind as you read this :)

I just signed my second male consultant in 3 weeks. I'm not worried about them being consultants, I am excited to see how they change the dynamic of our cluster. My concern is how to train them. Men seem to be more "just the facts", while women want all the details. Does anyone have any suggestions? Have you found you need to change how you present any of your training?

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
Don't sweat it...

No one changed anything, see comment below, in our cluster when I joined and I had no problem figuring things out. Just treat them exactly the same as everyone else. If they have a concern, let them come to you.

Just remember though, there is one thing that does need to change. Don't just say "ladies" when you want everyones attention!

DZmom

Veteran Member
Jun 20, 2005
It took me a minute to catch the laugh in your post, but I finally did! I've not recruited but one girl and she's now inactive, but I'll have to remember that. The bad thing is that I have a few guys for regular customers and I try not to say ladies during my show, but I've done it a few times!

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
It ain't easy being green!

I gotta tell you, it took my recruiter/director months to get over that one. Then when we combined groups after several years, it started all over again!
It only took three months before I got them all trained properly! Other than that, nothing was different in our training. There should not be. We are all there to learn the same things as far as sales, bookings and recruiting goes and as far as I could tell, the info is generic, not genderized. So just relax and do what you would normally do.
Oh yeah, if you all prepare food for your meetings at times, just remember to add meat to the menu once in a while and none of that froo-froo food stuff!
JUST KIDDING!

GeorgiaPeach

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 22, 2005
Real Men Don't Eat Quiche?

Okay, John...no, quiche...add meat...I've got it :) What about incentives/rewards? Like the gold chef's hat pin when a consultant qualifies. I'm not sure a man would want (or should:) ) wear that? Sometimes I will give little things for monthly recognition...like a "payday" candy bar for top sales, little star candles for signing a new consultant and "sharing their light" with others, a red ring pop for someone that is on track for TPC...stuff like that that women love but men roll their eyes at:rolleyes: I guess I'll have to get more creative....maybe something with meat :D

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
Can you replace the candy in the ring with steak? Do ya think that would work?

GeorgiaPeach

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 22, 2005
cmdtrgd said:
Can you replace the candy in the ring with steak? Do ya think that would work?

Hmmm....maybe substitute a meatball with "ruby" red spaghetti sauce!

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
Sorry I haven't responded to this

I was too busy thinking about that one. Meatballs instead of ruby candies. (Or maybe you need ruby red slippers!(see note below)).
Well, our group is not that creative. PC dollars are the the gift/incentive of choice. Makes it easier for the directors. The pin, well you might be right on that one. I am at a loss. Maybe just a small pork chop!
(And never rule out quiche! You may not know exactly who you are dealing with!)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2006
Just treat us like any other professional salesperson, and tell us what to do to succeed, and those men who choose to follow your advice will rise to the top. The folks who don't want to do the work will wash out.

Be a great leader by example.

Also, when I want to learn something, I search out both the facts and the details because everything worth doing is worth doing well!

Scott

PS I love quiche ;)