• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tragedy Strikes: Devastating Barn Fire at Our Small Town Farm | Plew Farm

In summary, a couple started a new business offering locally grown poultry, pork, beef, and produce. However, their barn and all their animals and supplies were lost in a fire. They are trying to stay positive for their customers and have received support from others. The exact cause of the fire is unknown.
pattikake
My husband & I recently started a new business in March of this year .. offering locally grown poultry, pork, beef and produce. We have worked our butts off getting this off the ground, from marketing to building all of our feeders and the like. We are leasing a barn and land here in our small town - which is located 5 miles from our home.

I rec'd a call last Thursday morning at 6:20am telling me the barn was on fire. I arrived on scene 8 minutes later to find the barn fully engulfed in flames. We lost all of our animals (200 chickens and 3 calves) plus all of our supplies and feed. Another farmer, who was storing his hay in the loft, lost 1,000 bales. More importantely the owners lost the barn. Fire was ruled not suspicous and we probably won't ever know the exact cause.

I'm just heartsick over this .. We are trying to stay positive, as we have alot of customers who are counting on us delivering their orders.

You can read more about it at our website or facebook if you wish .. (Plew Farm | Pasture raised poultry and pork).

I had a show last night -- didn't have it in me to do it, but it was the best therapy to get back in the saddle, or kitchen as the case may be.

So sorry to hear this!!

How awful! Goodness!
Hang in there...

Bless your heart!!! i'm so sorry you and your hubby have to go thru this!
~carla

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss. I'm glad, though, that you do have something that makes you feel a bit better.

I'm sorry. I can't imagine how overwhelmed you must be right now.

I am so sorry to hear this. Hang in there.

Oh, so sorry to hear about this. My grandparent's were farmers and one of their barns was set on fire once by some mean kids - I feel for you!

I saw some of your updates on FB. I'm so sorry sweetie!!! :(

You are very strong! Keep your head up and things are bound to get better.

I am so sorry, how awful to lose all of those animals.I hope you had insurance to get you back on your feet!

I am so sorry you are going thru this!

I am so sincerely sorry. Your family will be in my prayers! God bless you.

Sending prayers to help

What a huge tragedy...I am so sorry :(

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sending prayers in your direction.

1. What happened last week?

Last week, there was a tragedy that occurred in our community. A natural disaster, accident, or unexpected event took place and affected many people.

2. How has the community been impacted by this tragedy?

The community has been greatly impacted by this tragedy. Many people have suffered losses, whether it be physical, emotional, or financial. It has also brought the community together to support and help those affected.

3. Is Pampered Chef doing anything to support those affected by the tragedy?

Yes, Pampered Chef is committed to giving back to the community and supporting those affected by the tragedy. We have donated funds, supplies, and resources to local organizations and individuals in need.

4. Can I make a donation through Pampered Chef to help those affected?

Yes, you can make a donation through Pampered Chef's website or at any of our in-person events. All donations will go directly towards supporting those affected by the tragedy.

5. How can I get involved and help those affected by the tragedy?

There are many ways to get involved and help those affected by the tragedy. You can volunteer your time, donate funds or supplies, or simply spread awareness and support for the cause. Check with local organizations or visit our website for more information on how you can make a difference.

Back