• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Help Lift a Devastated Family in Prayer?

In summary, an explosion at a home in Wilson, NY killed one 14 year old girl, injured four other people, and left the parents and two of their five children hospitalized. The four children who were not at the home when the explosion occurred are unharmed. The family is preparing for a memorial service for Sarah Johnson.
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
All,
I'm requesting all prayer warriors to lift a family in prayer. One of my dear friends received devastating news that her sister's home in Wilson, NY exploded Tuesday due to a gas leak. The parents, Judy and Jody Johnson are hospitalized as well as two of their five children. Unfortunately, their 14 year old daughter, Sarah Johnson did not survive the accident. Two of their children were spending the night at friends' houses, so they are unharmed. These four family members are pretty badly injured, but are all stable according to family reports.

Please keep the Johnson family in your prayers as they move forward with healing, rebuilding, and mourning the loss of their precious daughter.

How awful Brenda!!:(. I will pray for this family. I have a friend who lost both her parents almost a year ago in a cabin explosion in WI that also injured her 10 yr old niece who was the only survivor. I pray their injuries heal quickly and that they find comfort and peace with the loss of their daughter. The healing will take a long time and I really feel for all of them.

OMGoodness. praying!

sending prayers their way!!

Praying that God will lay his healing hands on everyone.

Wow. Will be praying. Thanks for sharing so we can help.

Praying for the family.

My prayers for them...what an awful tragedy :(

So tragic... prayers and thoughts are with the family

Wow. I just read the news articles and an NBC video clip of it. it's amazing any of them survived. Definitely sending a prayer for the family.

Good news is that everyone is healing. 19 year old Katie is still in the burn unit waiting to see if she will need further skin grafting surgery. Everyone else has been released from the hospital. Thankfully there has been an overwhelming outpouring of donations for this family. They now have a new house completely furnished and painted in the kid's favorites colors. Pantries are stocked and toys and necessities for the younger kids have been provided. This family is, however, preparing for the memorial service of Sarah. They are wanting to wait for Katie to be conscious and mobile before holding the service.As always, please keep the Johnson family in your prayers. They are plugging along. I'm still not sure it has all sunk in yet.

How wonderful to have such a caring, loving community. Will keep sending prayers for healing.

:( How very sad.

So sad!!! Praying for everyone!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about this family's tragedy. Sending prayers for God's love and comfort to help them through this horrible time.

What can I do to support my friend during their time of tragedy?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can offer your support by being there for your friend in whatever way they need. This can include providing meals, helping with household chores, running errands, or simply being a listening ear.

How can I help my friend's family during this difficult time?

One way to support your friend's family is by organizing a meal train, where friends and loved ones can sign up to bring meals to the family. You can also offer to help with childcare, transportation, or any other tasks that may be overwhelming for the family.

What resources are available to help my friend cope with their tragedy?

There are many resources available for those going through a difficult time. You can provide your friend with information about support groups, therapy, or counseling services. You can also offer to attend these resources with them for added support.

What are some thoughtful gestures I can do for my friend in the aftermath of a tragedy?

Some thoughtful gestures you can do for your friend include sending them care packages, writing them letters or cards, or creating a memory book or scrapbook for them to cherish. You can also offer to plan a day out or a fun activity to help take their mind off things.

How can I show my friend that I am there for them without being intrusive?

It is important to respect your friend's privacy during their time of tragedy. You can show your support by checking in with them regularly, sending them a thoughtful message or gift, or offering to help in specific ways. It is important to listen to your friend's needs and boundaries, and let them know that you are there for them whenever they need you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies