• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering Our Friend and Colleague: Prayers for Her Family

In summary, a dear friend and co-worker died this week after a house fire. Her children are now orphans and her friends are mourning her loss.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Friends,

Usually, I take pains to avoid posting where I work in public. However, in this case ... I thought a link would be better than posting a thousand words.

We lost a dear friend and co-worker this week:

Recordpub.com - Breaking News, World & Local News, Sports & Multimedia

She was the mother of two young boys. Please pray for them, and for all of us as we seek to process this tragedy.

I was at the scene on Thursday. Trust me, it was incredibly hard to co-write this story, and to type her name in the past tense.

Oh .. and you won't find a byline on Friday's story. That is because we thought it best to render her stories as coming from "staff reports" so as to not put her name next to the story about how she died. So we all voluntarily decided to withhold our bylines as a tribute to her.

How sad. So sorry for your loss and praying for her family during this difficult time.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss.... What a sad story.

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you find some comfort in knowing she is in a better place. All my thoughts and prayers to you and her family.

What a terrible tragedy and so sad for her childdren. I am so sorry for your loss. Everyone will be in my prayers.

How very sad. I'll be sure to pray for her family, as well as fo you & all her friends 7 co-workers who are mourning her loss.

Prayers for you and her family & friends

My goodness . . . so sad. Definitely praying for everyone effected by this.

prayers being said for everyone involved. I'm sorry for your loss.

I am sorry for your loss, I pray for those children and all affected.

So sorry for your loss.

I read about this this morning...so horrible...

I am so sorry to hear about this...prayers for all of you guys at work, and her family.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I sit here now with tears in my eyes after reading the story, and thank God for all I have.

Thank you all ... and those in Ohio, you are a primary reason I posted this ... you may have heard about it, but you may not have realized I am affected also.

I got a call today from a witness ... she was asking me all kinds of questions ... it was unsettling to say the least ... I was sitting at the table wrapping up my craft fair and she was the last person I wanted to deal with.

But the bottom line is the poor woman is haunted by the fact that she didn't open the front door when the fire was in the back, and by fears that justice might not be done.

I told her that when there is a tragedy there are sometimes questions that go unanswered, and that we need to learn not to let those questions haunt us. And when she said, "there is a God and we need to pray that justice will be done." I said, "Yes there is. And he LOVES justice."

Calling hours are Monday and the funeral is Tuesday. I am virtually certain I'll be attending both from work with a team of co-workers. Please pray that we are able to still do our jobs.

1. How can I send my condolences to the family of our colleague?

You can send your condolences to the family by sending a sympathy card, flowers, or making a donation in their loved one's name. You can also reach out to them through a phone call or email to express your condolences.

2. Will there be a memorial service for our colleague?

At this time, there are no plans for a memorial service. However, the family may choose to have a private gathering or celebration of life. We will keep you informed if any plans are made.

3. Can I make a contribution to support the family during this difficult time?

Yes, you can make a donation to support the family through a GoFundMe page or by contributing to a meal train. Please reach out to the HR department for more information.

4. How can I honor the memory of our colleague?

There are many ways to honor the memory of our colleague, such as sharing fond memories or stories, making a donation to a charity in their name, or dedicating a special event or project in their honor. You can also support and be there for their family during this difficult time.

5. Is there anything our company is doing to support the family?

As a company, we are offering our condolences and support to the family during this difficult time. We are also providing resources for grief counseling and offering any assistance they may need. If you have any ideas or suggestions on how we can further support the family, please reach out to the HR department.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
Replies
Views
raebates