• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef: Fast Food 'Our Way' with Pressure Cookers!

In summary, customers have suggested a variety of products they wish PC would carry or offer, including a pressure cooker, a stainless steel roasting pan, a stainless steel pasta insert for a stockpot, a lid for the rectangular baker, a lid for the round platter or cake pedestal, a steel for forged cutlery, a gluten/dairy-free cookbook, a 12 qt stockpot, a filet knife, a cookware rack, and a lid for the roasting pan. Some customers have also mentioned wanting a ladle with holes for straining, individual pots from the executive cookware set, and more lids for PC products for easier transportation. While some customers have had success with the pasta strainer, others have found
Barry Carlton
What products do you wish PC would carry/offer?

My first thought is a pressure cooker. It would work well at our shows, be fast and we could have another way to do 'Fast Food our Way'.

A Stainless Steel roasting pan. A stainless steel pasta insert for a stockpot (say goodbye to having to clear out a sink at the last minute to put a strainer there to drain the pasta.) ;)A lid to the rectangular baker. I'd like a lid to our round platter or cake pedestal. Not just a decorative fancy thing, but one that will be good for covering cakes to put in the fridge or when you have to transport it someplace.

Oh, and a Steel for the Forged Cutlery.

A Gluten/Dairy Free Cookbook
SS 12 qt stockpot
A filet knife (not the same as a boning knife!) - my husband would LOVE one.

Babywings, have you tried our pasta strainer? I love it! I don't clear out the sink first any more :)

magentablue said:
Babywings, have you tried our pasta strainer? I love it! I don't clear out the sink first any more :)

I bought that years ago before becoming a consultant, thinking that it would make things easier when it comes to draining pasta water, but I don't like it. It's too awkward using it. Having to get it just right so noodles don't slip out, using pot holders, makes it tricky. I'd rather have the insert for the pot like you see on Food Network shows. So nice and easy to just lift it up out of the water.

Amanda. I love the pasta strainer. I dont use hot pads for it just grab the pot and dump. I did have an accident once where it slipped and I dumped hot water on my self. It was a really good thing I had layers on.

I'd like to see a lid for the roasting pan. Also, I saw an infomercial for some automatic stirrer thing the other day. I don't want that, but one of the "other" items they were hawking was a ladle that came up on one side and had holes to strain liquid. I think they called it a scoop and strain. I would LOVE to have something like that!

I wish they sold the smaller executive cookware pots individually, not just in sets.

I'd like to see lids for more of our stuff. I always am going places and bringing things but it's difficult to transport some of our stuff and I hate using foil. So I do find myself using things that have lids vs my PC stuff.

Jennie4PC said:
Amanda. I love the pasta strainer. I dont use hot pads for it just grab the pot and dump. I did have an accident once where it slipped and I dumped hot water on my self. It was a really good thing I had layers on.

I don't have PC cookware...yet...and with the pots I have now the handles are hot, so I have to use hot pads. I've tried that drainer thing bunches of times and just don't like it. I've lost noodles because it shifted or slid out. I've had water splash out and burn my hand. If I have to take something to the sink and pour water out, I'm going to just grab one of our regular colanders, because to me that is easier and safer. ;) A pasta insert would just be a lot nicer and a nice alternative. :D

babywings76 said:
I don't have PC cookware...yet...and with the pots I have now the handles are hot, so I have to use hot pads. I've tried that drainer thing bunches of times and just don't like it. I've lost noodles because it shifted or slid out. I've had water splash out and burn my hand. If I have to take something to the sink and pour water out, I'm going to just grab one of our regular colanders, because to me that is easier and safer. ;) A pasta insert would just be a lot nicer and a nice alternative. :D

I agree - and I have the PC cookware! I know I have customers who love that thing, but I've tried to use it several times, and it's always awkward, and I've lost noodles, and burned myself. I guess I'm just not coordinated enough to use it. (In fact, I may have sold it at a garage sale, now that I think about it!) A colander works better and easier for me too, and I'd LOVE a pasta insert!

babywings76 said:

I agree. I have one that fits nicely in the 12 at stockpot that I had from my pre-Pampered Chef cookware (it was Circulon) and I love it! I would like to see one for the 8 qt stockpot since now that there's just two of us I rarely need to use that larger one.

Oh, and our handles do get hot sometimes too, even though they're silicone.

Box grater!!

have you all seen the new kitchen line (I've seen it at Target & Garden Ridge) Think they were gadgets for diet conscious people one of the cook things sits on the top of your cookware and is a pop down strainer you put 1 serving of pasta and it cooks it and then you lift it out and have your individual portions
you can put 4 in a pan at a time

julienne blade for the mandolin
collapsible bowls in pink and white for HWC products
mini muffin silicone floral cupcake pan - 24 cup

drum with larger holes for cheese grater

I would definitely love to see a pressure cooker! I was just telling my husband last night that I want one!

I would also like to buy the executive cookware individually. I always need more than one 2 qt pots and even the smallest one.

The pink/white collapsible bowls are a fantastic idea for HWC!!!

I like the julienne blade (though I cheat and use the one from my old Ulitmate Slice & Grate) but I'd like to see a THICKER slicing blade. The current one lets you choose between thin and paper thin. I like my slices thicker.

Love the idea of the collapsible bowls for HWC!

ditto on box grater and lid for rectangular baker. also indv. coffee pot brewer and coffee. we spend a fortune on coffee. we need more repeat business items. also thin spatula for eggs and silicone spoons that sit on pan like RR's. and I can't believe we don't have a spider strainer? so many kitchen items we don't have for a kitchen store, but love what we do have.

What I think is interesting is that no one has mentioned any of the speculative things that were in the other thread about the new item on the cover. Y'all have some great ideas.

Cookware rack is my choice too Melinda! I have all my stuff crammed into a pantry with two other sets of cookware and I would love to be able to have out my favorite pieces!

executive cookware tea kettle and have the smaller pots for individual sale

different color beads for the beaded serving pieces

I would also like to see the SS bowls be offered individually.

1. What is the benefit of using a pressure cooker for fast food?

Using a pressure cooker can significantly reduce cooking time, making it perfect for busy weeknights. It also retains more nutrients and flavors in your food compared to traditional cooking methods.

2. Are there specific recipes that work best with pressure cookers?

Yes, there are many recipes that are specifically designed for pressure cookers, such as stews, braised meats, and rice dishes. However, you can also adapt your favorite recipes to work with a pressure cooker.

3. Is it safe to use a pressure cooker?

Yes, as long as you follow the instructions and safety precautions provided by the manufacturer. Modern pressure cookers have multiple safety features to prevent accidents, such as locking lids and pressure release valves.

4. Can I use a pressure cooker for more than just cooking meat?

Absolutely! Pressure cookers can be used to cook a wide variety of foods, including vegetables, grains, and even desserts. It's a versatile tool that can save you time and energy in the kitchen.

5. How do I clean and maintain my pressure cooker?

Cleaning and maintaining your pressure cooker is simple. The inner pot and lid can be washed with hot soapy water, and the rubber gasket and pressure release valve should be checked and replaced if necessary. Always refer to your specific model's instructions for proper care and maintenance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab