• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tournament of Roses Parade

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
Anyone else watching?

So far I've been impressed with Capt. Sully Sullenberger, the pilot who landed his crippled plane on the Hudson River. Love the Pierce-Arrow!

How about the Ohio School for the Blind Marching Panthers!

I love the way the Marine Band turned the corner - that sure beats the old pinwheel while trying to keep lines straight.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
We always enjoy it. Watching Capt. Sullenberger warms my heart.
DS's favorite so far was the Ronald McDonald "Rocket" float, and he liked Gorillas made from Buffalo grass.

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
I like the "Barnyard Aces" float with the biplane doing spins. It won the animation award - I can see why. There was a lot of engineering that went into that one.

Capt. Sully is MY "Man of the Year."

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
WOW! How about the Tuskegee Airmen float? The P-51's are spectacular and look at the surviving flyers on the float! That's great!

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
We always enjoy it. Watching Capt. Sullenberger warms my heart.
DS's favorite so far was the Ronald McDonald "Rocket" float, and he liked Gorillas made from Buffalo grass.

23861309953080-14121326.jpg

23861309953140-14121332.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
I love the snowboarding dogs!

pkd09

Future Director
Silver Member
Feb 20, 2006
Great Parade! Yes....love the snowboarding dogs and the Ohio University Marching Band was awesome!

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
Great Parade! Yes....love the snowboarding dogs and the Ohio University Marching Band was awesome!

Ohio STATE University.

The folks in Columbus will be throwing buckeyes at you, not to mention, the folks in Athens (Ohio University) won't be too pleased, either.

;)

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
When DH and I lived in Los Angeles, we went to the parade one year. We got there at 2 a.m. and camped out on the sidewalk.

The floats are AMAZING in person. It looks incredible on tv, but seeing it in person is quite an experience.

pcchefjane

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2008
Anyone know if there is a "replay" somewhere? I forgot to set my DVR last night and then couldn't sleep until around 4:30 a.m.! Idiots in my neighborhood kept setting off fireworks and they were ridiculously loud so I got wide awake then couldn't "turn off" to sleep!

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
It might run again on HGTV or the Travel Channel

scottcooks

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2005
It was on the Hallmark channel in our area - FYI

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005

Interesting that the Ohio University Marching Band was there...

Rose_Parade6.jpg

...considering that the rival Ohio STATE University Marching Band was there to support the OSU team in the Rose Bowl. ;) (Apparently, Ohio fans were able to put aside their in-state differences to cheer for each others' bands.)

Of course, there were the snowboarding bulldogs (thank you, Dick van Patten)

Rose_Parade25.jpg

and Jack Hanna was on the Rain Bird float, that Becky's kidlets liked so much

Rose_Parade11.jpg

and I was suitably impressed by the Ohio State School for the Blind Marching Band

Rose_Parade19.jpg

and the float commemorating the Tuskegee Airmen. I wish I had a photo of the entire float, with the two P-51 Mustangs flying in formation. Seventeen surviving pilots rode on the float. (There is a television news report about the float that you can see here.

Rose_Parade20.jpg

This is where the photos came from: http://www.examiner.com/examinerslideshow.html?entryid=887150

Last edited:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates