• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making and Heating Pizza for a Party: Tips and Tricks

In summary, you can make this tonight and heat it up tomorrow (without the toppings), and you should make double or triple the recipe for a party.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Can I make this tonight and heat it up tomorrow (without the toppings)? Should I double the recipe for a party I'm throwing? Doesn't seem like one is enough but I've never made it before.

wadesgirl said:
Can I make this tonight and heat it up tomorrow (without the toppings)? Should I double the recipe for a party I'm throwing? Doesn't seem like one is enough but I've never made it before.

There are a couple TTD recipes out there - are you using the one that calls for the whole can of refried beans? Because that one makes quite a bit - I usually do it in the deep dish baker. I would think this would be enough, especially if you are having other food along with it.

And yes, it would be fine to make it tonight and heat it tomorrow, and then add the toppings!

It's the basic one that is in the 30th anniversary issue. I'll make one batch then and save the rest for another day!

whatever amount you make won't be enough! that dip goes FAST!

Make double for the dcb. One batch covers the bottom but isn't generous enough.

The one on CC uses the mini baker. You could just do 2 batches as needed or double it and put in the rectangular baker or the oval baker or DDB if you have those. I would think it would be awkward to use the DCB for this because of the high walls.(I know I'm late in this post...)

babywings76 said:
The one on CC uses the mini baker. You could just do 2 batches as needed or double it and put in the rectangular baker or the oval baker or DDB if you have those. I would think it would be awkward to use the DCB for this because of the high walls.

(I know I'm late in this post...)

I make double & triple batches in my dcb in the micro all the time. Everyone just loves it. My husband even asked me to make it for dinner once on his bday! Rofl.

1. How do I make a large quantity of pizza for a party?

To make a large quantity of pizza for a party, it's important to plan ahead and have all the necessary ingredients and equipment on hand. Pre-made pizza dough and pre-shredded cheese can save time and effort. Consider using a baking stone or multiple baking sheets to cook multiple pizzas at once.

2. How do I ensure my pizza crust is crispy?

To ensure a crispy pizza crust, preheat your oven to the highest temperature possible (at least 450 degrees Fahrenheit). Use a baking stone or preheat a baking sheet in the oven before placing the pizza on it. You can also sprinkle cornmeal or semolina flour on the baking surface to prevent sticking and add crunch to the crust.

3. How do I reheat pizza for a party?

The best way to reheat pizza for a party is in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and place the pizza slices on a baking sheet. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy. You can also use a pizza stone or a cast iron skillet to reheat pizza on the stovetop.

4. How do I keep my pizza warm during a party?

To keep pizza warm during a party, place it in a warm oven (around 200 degrees Fahrenheit) or use a food warmer. You can also cover the pizza with aluminum foil to retain heat. Avoid leaving pizza at room temperature for more than 2 hours to prevent foodborne illness.

5. How do I make a variety of pizzas for a party?

To make a variety of pizzas for a party, consider using different toppings and sauces to create unique flavors. You can also make mini pizzas using English muffins, pita bread, or tortillas for a fun and easy option. Don't forget to label the different types of pizza to help guests with dietary restrictions or preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • erinpcmorgan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mscharf
Replies