• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tortilla Chips on Microwave Chips Maker?

In summary, a woman was interested in purchasing a chip maker for making tortilla chips. After researching, she found a blog/site that mentioned the chip maker being able to make pita and tortilla chips. However, there was no mention of this in the Use and Care Guide, leading her to ask for others' experiences. One person mentioned using the chip maker to make chips in just over a minute, while another mentioned serving the chips with a simple homemade salsa. Others mentioned using different seasonings and serving the chips with various dishes. The Product Information Guide also had more information about the chip maker.
minirottie
Met a woman today who would totally buy the chip maker, if she could do tortilla chips...I did some Googling and found this on a blog/site. It includes what looks to be a PC flyer, and states doing pita and tortilla chips. Nothing in the Use and Care Guide mentions this...so I wondered if anyone had knowledge or experience in trying it? I'm going to test it out tomorrow I think

Pampered Chef Chip Maker Review & Giveaway | A Mom's Take

I have not heard anything about this. I have only tried my chip maker once. Took forever for such a small amount, but they were good. Had to wait so long for the trays to cool down.

I make them all the time. Takes about 1 minute 20 seconds. I heat 1 minute and flip them over for the extra 20 seconds. =)

jendill said:
I make them all the time. Takes about 1 minute 20 seconds. I heat 1 minute and flip them over for the extra 20 seconds. =)

so what do you serve them with?

jendill said:

Thank you!! This is great feedback. One question-do you do the tortilla at room temp? I tend to put mine in the fridge and figured I should let them sit at room temperature for a little before putting in the microwave!

i take them straight from the fridge and cut them with the pizza cutter so they are in triangles. I do not add salt because so many of my customers seem to be on a low salt diet. I figure they can salt the salsa. I think it would also work to salt them, i just choose not to.I serve them with fresh salsa and I keep that REALLY simple -2 Plum tomatoes (veggie wedger) 1 wedge of red onion, half a jalepeno, and cilantro. Chop in manual Food processor. EXCELLENT and super easy! Guests love it and I sell lots of the chip makers and food processors!It is also easy to pair with Mexican Chicken Lasagna, Chicken Fajitas, or the Taco Ring.

Last edited:
I make them all the time too. 1 minute 15 seconds. I take flour tortillas, spritz or brush on a little water and then season. I use cinnamon and sugar or chipotle rub,

It's in the Product information Guide behind consultants corner. Check it out. Lots of info in the PIG!

I use flour as well.

Flour tortillas -- I've used cinn/sugar, southwest seasoning, dill, taco....anything is good! :)

1. How do I use the Microwave Chips Maker to make tortilla chips?

To make tortilla chips using the Microwave Chips Maker, start by preheating the microwave for 3-5 minutes. Then, place the tortilla chips on the silicone liner provided with the Chips Maker. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until the chips are crispy. You can also add seasoning before microwaving for extra flavor.

2. Can I use any type of tortilla to make chips with the Microwave Chips Maker?

Yes, you can use any type of tortilla to make chips with the Microwave Chips Maker. Corn, flour, and even flavored tortillas can all be used. Just make sure to cut them into the desired shape before microwaving.

3. How many tortilla chips can I make at once with the Microwave Chips Maker?

The Microwave Chips Maker can make up to 20 chips at once, depending on the size of your tortillas. However, it is recommended to make smaller batches for best results.

4. Can I use the Microwave Chips Maker to make other types of chips?

Yes, the Microwave Chips Maker can also be used to make potato, sweet potato, and vegetable chips. Just make sure to slice the vegetables thinly and adjust the microwaving time accordingly.

5. Is the Microwave Chips Maker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Microwave Chips Maker is dishwasher safe. Make sure to remove the silicone liner before placing it in the dishwasher. The silicone liner can also be washed with warm soapy water and air dried for reuse.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies