• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Tortes and Rum Cake Recipes for Your New Torte Pans

In summary, a torte is a rich and dense cake made with ground nuts or breadcrumbs and filled with various ingredients. It is denser and richer than a regular cake and is best served at room temperature. A rum cake is a type of cake infused with rum, and a non-alcoholic version can be made by substituting the rum with a non-alcoholic liquid. However, the flavor will be slightly different without the rum.
mandak
I was wondering if anyone has any great recipes for the new torte pans or any ideas on making some modifications to the island breeze rum cake. If your host doesn't have most of those items on hand it can be a long shopping list and for some maybe a little more than they want to spend. Any ideas???

I would recommend providing the rum or rum extract.

Otherwise the list isn't that bad.

I know chefann posted a lot of recipes for those pans in another thread. I think I have it saved. I'll go find it.

Didn't save it. A search using "FLAN" turned up some ideas. (We used to sell a set of flan pans and the recipes will work in our torte pans)

Maybe Ann will chime in with her other recipes. :)

At the very first PC show I ever attended the consultant talked about those flan pans. I didn't have them, but she gave a quick recipe for them that I have always wanted to try. She said to make up a quick corn bread mix and bake it in the flan pan (I guess the torte pans would work as well) and then top the corn bread with some chili. (She suggested going though the drive-thru and picking up some on your way home from work.)

Here's the thread with the flan pan recipes. Most should work with the new torte pans. But the torte pans (I think) hold more filling in the well, so you may need to double any of the fillings.Just have fun with the set. I made a fun torte with stuff I had in the pantry: strawberry cake mix, cheesecake flavor pudding and a can of strawberry pie filling.

1. What is a torte?

A torte is a rich and dense cake that is typically made with ground nuts or breadcrumbs in place of flour. It often has multiple layers and is filled with various types of cream, fruit, or chocolate.

2. How is a torte different from a regular cake?

A torte is typically denser and richer in flavor compared to a regular cake. It also often has more layers and is filled with various ingredients such as nuts, fruits, or creams.

3. What is the best way to serve a torte?

Tortes are best served at room temperature. They can be cut into slices and served on their own, or topped with whipped cream or fruit for added flavor and decoration.

4. What is a rum cake?

A rum cake is a type of cake that is infused with rum, giving it a distinct flavor. It is often made with a rum syrup which is poured over the cake after baking, allowing the rum to soak into the cake and give it a moist and boozy taste.

5. Can I make a non-alcoholic version of a rum cake?

Yes, you can make a non-alcoholic version of a rum cake by substituting the rum with a non-alcoholic liquid such as fruit juice or flavored syrup. However, keep in mind that the flavor of the cake will be slightly different without the addition of rum.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebbieSAChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies