• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Torte Recipes for Newbies: A Guide

In summary, the torte pans are similar to the flan pans, but the wells hold 2 cups each. The recipes that use them should work with the torte pans. There are a bunch of recipes online for the torte pans.
mom2leelee
Anyone have any good recipes for the new torte pan set. Truthfully untill I got it in the mail I had never heard of a torte. For some reason I was thinking I was getting a tart pan..lol! I'm a nut.

OK now I'm really lost. I did a search online for torte recipes and every single one that came up suggested using a spring form pan??

Most professional torte recipes are based on baking one thick cake layer and then cutting it by hand into thinner ones.

I have some recipes at home (I think) that were for the old Flan Pans. But they should work with the Torte Pans. Things like chocolate cake with a chocolate/toffee filling.

I'll check when I get home - after I play with my new products. :)

I'm making the island rum cake now! It;s SO GOOD!!:D

PampMomof3 said:
I'm making the island rum cake now! It;s SO GOOD!!:D

Was it easy? I looks pretty easy to make.:)

There are a bunch of recipies on www.allrecipies.com some do call for springform pans but most of them do not.

I took a look in my old stuff, and I don't have a booklet of ideas (which is what I thought I had), but I did find some recipes that use the old flan pan set. The torte pan set is very similar, but the wells hold 2 cups EACH - the flan set held 2 cups total.PUDDING FILLING
1 cup cold milk
1 package (4 serving size) instant pudding and pie filling
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawedSprinkle pudding over milk in Small Batter Bowl and whisk until pudding starts to thicken. Fold in whipped topping. Spread in “well” of Flan Cake. Top with pie filling or fresh fruit.
Makes 2 cups, enough for 2 Flan Cakes.CREAM CHEESE FILLING
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanillaCombine all ingredients in Classic Batter Bowl. Mix until smooth. Spread in “well” of Flan Cakes. Top with pie filling or fresh fruit.
Makes 2 cups, enough for 2 Flan Cakes.SUGGESTED COMBOS
Chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, chocolate shavings, whipped cream
Chocolate cake, pistachio pudding, kiwi and/or mandarin orange slices
Chocolate cake, cream cheese filling, cherry pie filling, chocolate curls, whipped cream
Chocolate cake, peppermint/mint chip/chocolate chip ice cream, fudge ice cream topping
Yellow cake, cream cheese filling, mandarin oranges/ currant jelly glaze
Yellow cake, cream cheese filling, canned peach or apricot slices, currant jelly glaze
Yellow cake, vanilla pudding, cherry pie filling
Lemon cake, lemon pudding, fresh strawberries/blueberries, zested lemon
Carrot cake, cream cheese filling, crushed pineapple, zested carrot
Spice cake, cream cheese filling, apple pie filling, cinnamon, whipped creamBBQ CHICKEN CORN BREAD
Crust:
1 package (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Filling:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
3/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce
1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheeseHeat oven to 350˚F. Spray one Flan Pan with vegetable oil spray; place Parchment Circle in bottom of pan.
For crust, combine corn muffin mix, egg, milk and cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Pour batter into Flan Pan. Bake 18-20 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen bread from edge of pan and turn out onto serving plate. Carefully remove Parchment circle.
For filling, heat oil in 2-quart saucepan. Chop onion in Food Chopper. Cook onion until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken, barbecue sauce, corn and olives. Simmer, uncovered, over medium heat 5 minutes or until hot. Pour into center of baked crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut with Pizza Cutter and serve with Mini Serving Spatula.BOSTON CREAM PIE
Cake:
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to make cake
Filling:
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
1 cup milk
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
Frosting:
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon margarine, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
milkHeat oven to 350˚F. Spray 1 Flan Pan with vegetable oil spray; line center with parchment circle.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared Flan Pan. Bake 20-25 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen cake from edge of pan and turn out onto serving plate. Finish cooling; carefully remove parchment.
For filling, combine pudding and milk in Small Batter Bowl. Whisk until smooth and slightly thickened. Whisk in whipped topping. Spread in center of cake.
For frosting, whisk sour cream and margarine in Small Batter Bowl until well blended. Whisk in powdered sugar until well blended. Melt semisweet chocolate chips in microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Stir into sugar mixture. Stir in vanilla and enough milk to thin to desired consistency. Spread over pudding. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 8 servings
Approximately 366 calories and 12 grams of fat per servingGERMAN CHOCOLATE FLAN
Cake:
1 package (18.25 ounces) German chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to make cake
Filling:
2 cups cold milk
1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1/2 cup shredded or flaked coconut
1/2 cup pecans, chopped, divided
Whole strawberries, for garnishHeat oven to 350˚F. Spray 2 Flan Pans with vegetable oil spray; place Parchment circle in each. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Divide batter evenly between Flan Pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Loosen cakes from sides of pans; turn out onto Nonstick Cooling Rack. Remove parchment circles; cool completely.
Combine milk and pudding in Classic Batter Bowl; beat with whisk until mixture begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in 2 cups whipped topping and coconut. Divide mixture and spread evenly between cakes. Chop pecans with Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over fillings. Fill Easy Accent Decorator with remaining whipped topping; pipe decoratively around edge of fillings. Make strawberry fans using Egg Slicer Plus; place in center of each cake. Cut into wedges.
Makes 16 servings (8 per flan)
Approximately 243 calories and 10 grams of fat per serving.SPAGHETTI PIE
Crust:
6 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
Filling:
1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed and crumbled
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 cup chunky vegetable spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheeseHeat oven to 375˚F. Spray 1 Flan Pan with vegetable oil spray, place Parchment circle in bottom. For crust, cook spaghetti according to package directions; rinse; drain. Combine cooked spaghetti, eggs and 1 cup mozzarella cheese in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. Press into Flan Pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until pasta begins to pull away from edge of pan and turn out onto serving plate. Carefully remove Parchment circle.
Meanwhile, in frying pan, cook sausage until no longer pink. Slice mushrooms with Egg Slicer Plus; press garlic with garlic press. Add to sausage and cook 3-5 minutes longer. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer uncovered 5 minutes or until hot. Pour into center of crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximately 448 calories and 31 grams of fat per servingSUNDAE FLAN CAKE
Cake:
1 package (9 ounces) Devil’s Food cake mix, plus ingredients to make cake
Filling:
2 bananas, sliced
1 pint ice cream, any flavor
4-6 strawberries, sliced
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 cup whipped topping, thawed
Optional ingredients
1 can (8 ounces) pineapple, crushed and drained
nuts, choppedHeat oven to 350˚F. Spray 1 Flan Pan with vegetable oil spray; line center with parchment circle. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared Flan pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen cake from edge of pan and turn out onto serving plate. Remove parchment circle; allow to cool completely.
Cut bananas into 1/4 inch slices. Slightly overlap slices around edge of the cake (refrigerate any remaining slices for garnish). Allow ice cream to sit at room temperature 5 minutes before scooping. Scoop ice cream with Ice Cream Dipper into the flan cake, forming a single layer. Slice strawberries with Egg Slicer Plus. Place strawberries in between ice cream scoops. Drizzle chocolate syrup over top of ice cream. Top with pineapple and nuts, if desired. Place whipped topping in Easy Accent Decorator and garnish flan cake. Slice with serrated bread knife and serve.
Makes 8-10 servings
Approximately 236 calories and 9 grams of fat per servingI would like to restate that the above recipes were developed for the Flan Pans, not the current Torte Pan Set. But they will provide a starting point for recipes.

Thanks so much!

Lemon TorteI found this recipe online and tried it out last night. I'm going to modify it to use w/ PC products. I like it because it's not overly sweet and has a nice lemon kick. I used bottled lemon juice but I think it would be better w/ fresh squeezed and then you could use the citrus press.

Lemon Torte
1 package yellow cake mix (18 and 3/4-oz.)
3 eggs
1/3 cup butter softened
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice

Filling:
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14-oz.)
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 cups whipped cream

Combine cake mix, eggs, butter, water and lemon juice in stainless mixing bowl and beat well.
Place in greased torte pans.
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. ~ this time and temp is already modified for the torte pans.
Allow cake to cool then flip out onto cooling racks.
Meanwhile, combine sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice in small stainless bowl and whisk well. Fold in whipped cream with mix and scrape. Place first torte layer on large round platter and fill with filling. Stack second layer of torte (well side up) and fill with filling.
Use lemon feathers or stencil set to decorate.
Slice and serve.

OMG! That sounds soooooo good! And refreshing! You could also put a couple of raspberries and mint leaves on it to garnish it.

1. What is a torte?

A torte is a type of rich, layered cake made with ingredients such as nuts, dried fruits, and chocolate. It has a denser texture compared to traditional cakes and is often served as a dessert.

2. Can I use any type of fruit in torte recipes?

Yes, you can use a variety of fruits in torte recipes such as berries, apples, pears, and peaches. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar called for in the recipe to balance out the tartness or sweetness of the fruit you are using.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make a torte?

While some torte recipes may require specialized equipment such as a springform pan or a food processor, many can be made with just basic baking tools such as a mixer, measuring cups, and a cake pan.

4. How can I make a torte gluten-free?

To make a torte gluten-free, you can substitute all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. You can also use gluten-free graham crackers or almond flour for the crust if the recipe calls for it.

5. Can tortes be made ahead of time?

Yes, tortes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze tortes for longer storage, just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil before placing them in the freezer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebbieSAChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies