• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some ideas for pumpkin desserts using torte pans?

In summary, the group was discussing ideas for using torte pans to make pumpkin desserts. Suggestions included pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin spice cake, pumpkin bread pudding, pumpkin mousse, and pumpkin spice brownies. These desserts were made by combining pumpkin puree with other ingredients such as cream cheese, sugar, and spices, and baking them in the torte pans. Other ideas were also mentioned, such as a pumpkin roll cake and pumpkin pie.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I've got 2 shows back to back on Sat. (WooHoo, I think, lol - Hope I can walk by nightfall, lol)

Anyway, I've got one hostess who has the Torte pans and they are still in box...trying to tell her different recipes and how EASY they are to use...well now she wants something Pumpkiny (her words) in it....

I'm thinking if I make a pumpkin Roll Cake and fill center of wells with Pumpkin Roll Icing (I've got a lighter creamer filling a friend uses) rather than my heavy cream cheese recipe.

Can anyone else give me any Pumpkin ideas for the Torte Pans??

Thanks,

Lisa

One idea I have is to make a pumpkin cheesecake. You can mix some cream cheese and pumpkin puree together, add some spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, and then cook it in the torte pans. Top with some whipped cream and you have a delicious pumpkin treat. Another option is to make a pumpkin pie. Make a pumpkin filling with spices, pour into a prepared crust, bake, and top with whipped cream. If you want to get creative, you could try making a pumpkin mousse. Mix together pumpkin puree, cream cheese, sugar, and spices, and then fold in some whipped cream. Put the mixture in the torte pans and chill until set. Top with some more whipped cream and enjoy!

Here are a few ideas for pumpkin desserts using torte pans:1. Pumpkin Cheesecake Torte: Make a graham cracker crust and press it into the bottom of the torte pan. In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture over the crust and bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool and refrigerate before serving.2. Pumpkin Spice Cake Torte: Mix together a box of yellow cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour the batter into the torte pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.3. Pumpkin Bread Pudding Torte: Tear up slices of pumpkin bread and place them in the torte pan. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour the mixture over the bread and let it soak for 30 minutes. Bake for 40-45 minutes and serve warm with a drizzle of caramel sauce.4. Pumpkin Spice Mousse Torte: Crush graham crackers and mix them with melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of the torte pan and bake for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and whipped cream. Pour the mixture over the crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.5. Pumpkin Spice Brownie Torte: Make a batch of brownie batter and pour it into the torte pan. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and cream cheese. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on top of the brownie batter and swirl with a knife. Bake for 30-35 minutes and let cool before serving.

1. What is a torte pan and how is it different from a regular cake pan?

A torte pan is a special type of cake pan used for making layered cakes. It typically has a removable bottom and taller sides, allowing for multiple layers to be stacked. This results in a taller and more impressive looking cake than a traditional cake pan.

2. Can I use a torte pan for other types of cakes besides pumpkin cake?

Yes, a torte pan can be used for any type of layered cake, such as chocolate, vanilla, or fruit flavors. It is also great for making cheesecakes or ice cream cakes.

3. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the torte pan?

To prevent sticking, it is important to properly grease and flour the torte pan before adding the cake batter. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.

4. Can I use a torte pan in the oven or does it require a special cooking method?

Torte pans can be used in the oven just like a regular cake pan. However, if your recipe calls for a water bath, you will need to wrap the outside of the torte pan with aluminum foil to prevent water from seeping in.

5. How do I clean and store a torte pan?

Torte pans should be hand washed with warm soapy water and dried thoroughly before storing. They should be stored with the sides and bottom separated to prevent them from getting stuck together. It is important to avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils on the pan to prevent scratching the non-stick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
TeresaG
  • DebbieSAChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies