• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Try Our Delicious Torta Italiano!

In summary, the recipe for Torta Italiano includes reduced-fat all-purpose baking mix, skim milk, onion, turkey, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. The dough is a bit dry, so a little more milk is needed. The recipe also includes tomato sauce, frozen spinach, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
Has anyone made this? I did last night. Wow! So delicious and budget-friendly. We thought it needed more sauce so we poured some warmed pasta sauce over our slices and yum! The dough was a bit dry so a little more milk would help. Here is the recipe in case anyone would like to try it.

Torta Italiano
Ingredients:
2 cups reduced-fat all-purpose baking mix
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 large garlic clove, pressed
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 ounce grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine baking mix and milk in Classic Batter Bowl using Mix 'N Scraper®. Lightly spray Springform Pan with vegetable cooking spray. Spread baking mix evenly over base.

2. Cook turkey in Family (12-in.) Skillet until no longer pink; drain. Chop onion with Food Chopper. Add onion, garlic, seasonings and tomato sauce to Skillet; cook 2-3 minutes. Spread meat mixture over batter. Layer spinach over meat mixture; top with cheese.

3. Bake 35 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Run a knife gently around collar before removing. Serve with garden fresh salad and toasted garlic bread.

Yield: 10 servings

mmmmm that does sound yummy! I am going to give it a try this week! where did you come across this recipe?

sounds great and I have everything but the spinach. just one clarification for me though, all purpose baking mix is bisquick right?

nldavis321 said:
mmmmm that does sound yummy! I am going to give it a try this week! where did you come across this recipe?

I just got the springform pan and wanted to try something other than cheesecake so I went to CC and found it.

candiejayne said:
sounds great and I have everything but the spinach. just one clarification for me though, all purpose baking mix is bisquick right?

Yes, it is Bisquick and I used the heart-healthy one.

:) thanks... thats what i thought, but didn't want to screw it up. I think we are going to have this tonight minus the spinach. It sounds really good! Thanks for sharing it!

This was good! Very filling too! I have leftovers for lunch for a few days! I did make some changes though. Like I said before, I omitted the spinach, but I added a can of diced tomatoes. I also added garlic powder and italian seasoning to the biscuit mix. I also added quite a bit more milk then it called for. I also only had a half of a can of pizza sauce, but with the extra tomatoes it was perfect. I forgot to add the parm to it, so it got added on our plates!

We will definatly have this again, and with variations too. I'd like to add some black olives, pepperoni, and green peppers to it!

PLUS the best part is I used my springform pan for the first time tonight! woohoo!

Thanks for sharing this recipe!

That's great, Andrea! This recipe is very versatile. I like having another use for the springform pan other than for desserts.

Does anyone have the recipe for Ham and Cheddar Brunch Square? I no longer have a Spring 08 Seasons Best so would be helpful. TIA

Dina Atnip said:
Does anyone have the recipe for Ham and Cheddar Brunch Square? I no longer have a Spring 08 Seasons Best so would be helpful. TIA

If you look on CC under recipes, and then under Seasons Bests, you'll find it there.

Thank you I found it I am offering it for a brunch at an office.

1. What is Torta Italiano?

Torta Italiano is a savory Italian-style pie made with layers of sliced deli meats, cheeses, and vegetables, all baked inside a flaky pastry crust.

2. What ingredients are in Torta Italiano?

The exact ingredients may vary, but common ingredients include salami, ham, provolone cheese, roasted red peppers, and spinach.

3. Is Torta Italiano easy to make?

Yes, Torta Italiano is a simple and delicious dish that can be easily made at home using Pampered Chef's pastry dough and a few other ingredients.

4. Can I customize the fillings in Torta Italiano?

Definitely! You can add or substitute any of the deli meats, cheeses, and vegetables to create your own unique flavor combination.

5. How do I serve Torta Italiano?

Torta Italiano can be served warm or at room temperature. It can be enjoyed as a main dish, appetizer, or as part of a charcuterie board. Cut into slices and serve with a side salad for a complete meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips