• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Planning Your Toronto Trip: Car Rentals and Extended Stays

?I have a passport but no stamps. Every time I go to Canada they don't stamp it but that's maybe because I'm always driving? Not sure. I think I'm going to get the passport card when I renew my driver's license this year... that will make things a lot easier when going over the border.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Good Afternoon! I just received my email congratulating me on earning Toronto! YAY!~

A Few Questions though and I thought it would be good info for those of us that earned it to ask things back and forth....

1. We're thinking of renting a car in Toronto but wasn't sure of the laws since it's another country.

2. is anyone thinking of adding on to your trip? We are thinking of going up a few days early since my hubby has to return to work on Monday. :(

I'm sure I'll come up with more but that's all I can think of for now. :)

Congratulations to everyone who earned a trip! :)

Good questions and I'm not sure! I'm so excited to go! I have been to Toronto once and it was for about 10 hours! We went up for a hockey game and came right home (go figure!)I can't wait to have cocktails with everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm understanding from a friend that they have a subway system. You may not need a car unless you are looking at making a trek out to Niagra Falls. I'm betting that if you plan ahead, you can get a tour bus to take you there! :D

we are DEFINITELY going to Niagra Falls. That is A MUST for us!! :) Okay, I'll check into the bus thing though. Thanks Sheila!

I spoke to my SD since my last post. They also want to go to Niagra Falls. I suggested that we form a group & check with a local Travel Agency on prices to get a tour bus & have them take us to NF and also into Buffalo, NY for shopping. She's on board! Who else would be interested if we can get a price low enough?

Is there any chance that PC will arrange for a tour for us? Do they do things like that on trips?

When we were on the cruises, the cruise line of course offered the excursions in addition to just the port of calls, however when we were in Miami there were other tours offered through Pampered Chef. The registration was available at the time that you input your registration through the travel reward system.

Oh cool! I'll wait until that info comes out then before contacting a travel agent in Toronto.

If I decide to go...........instead of take the $$$ we'll have our car & it fits 8 :)

I don't drive in Toronto! Scary! The laws are probably the same as they are where you are...any specific things you're wondering about.?

I'll have my car too. :)

just didn't know how different the driving laws were. :)

Can't wait to register starting tomorrow BUT i just have to make sure our sitter is able still AND we're hoping to go up a couple days before!

I'm in CA several times each year and the driving isn't any different. Speed limits are in KL but most cars have both on the speedometer so it's no biggie. :)

Honestly as dorky as this sounds I am excited about using my passport. We got ours for the Paris trip and I didn't think I would use it again any time soon. I would love to see it filled with stamps! When I realized I wasn't going to earn Maui this year I told my husband that this was really the more "exotic" trip because it was out of the country and we could use our passports!

I have a passport but no stamps. Every time I go to Canada they don't stamp it but that's maybe because I'm always driving? Not sure. I think I'm going to get the passport card when I renew my driver's license this year... that will make things a lot easier when going over the border.The good news is that I am all registered to go with my sis!!!! I can't wait to see everyone!!!! :party:

finley1991 said:
I have a passport but no stamps. Every time I go to Canada they don't stamp it but that's maybe because I'm always driving? Not sure. I think I'm going to get the passport card when I renew my driver's license this year... that will make things a lot easier when going over the border.

The good news is that I am all registered to go with my sis!!!! I can't wait to see everyone!!!! :party:

I just renewed my passport and thought about getting the card too but the card is only good for driving and I think by sea to Canada and Mexico and the passport is good for that and air/sea anywhere so I didn't think it worth the extra money to get both.

bethcooks4u said:
I just renewed my passport and thought about getting the card too but the card is only good for driving and I think by sea to Canada and Mexico and the passport is good for that and air/sea anywhere so I didn't think it worth the extra money to get both.

I think the "card" (Here in MI it's called an Enhanced Driver's License) is probably best suited for those of us in border states, where another country is a closer neighbor. When we go on vacation, it's often just a part of vacation to pass into Canada...and it's much easier, and quicker to get to New York and other NE states through Canada.

Chefbeckyd said:
I think the "card" (Here in MI it's called an Enhanced Driver's License) is probably best suited for those of us in border states, where another country is a closer neighbor. When we go on vacation, it's often just a part of vacation to pass into Canada...and it's much easier, and quicker to get to New York and other NE states through Canada.

Oh, I can see where the card would be a nice thing to have but I personally wouldn't pay the extra money for it if I already had a passport or needed the full passport for other travel. That's all I'm saying.

Sheila said:
I spoke to my SD since my last post. They also want to go to Niagra Falls. I suggested that we form a group & check with a local Travel Agency on prices to get a tour bus & have them take us to NF and also into Buffalo, NY for shopping. She's on board! Who else would be interested if we can get a price low enough?

We're planning on going to Niagra as well. I've been wondering the same thing. Let me know if you get something put together or if you hear that HO is.

flemings99 said:
We're planning on going to Niagra as well. I've been wondering the same thing. Let me know if you get something put together or if you hear that HO is.

Yes, this is a MUST DO on our list!! :)

Sheila said:

You might want to stick with just going to the Falls because trying to get a bus through the border to spend some time in Buffalo will take a LONG time and might not be worth it. Everyone will need their passports and have to go through customs individually. And then repeat the process on the way back into Canada. The travel agent should be able to give you more details.

Every time I go through Canada to get to NY, I sit at the Rainbow Bridge at least an hour just to get through customs... just something to consider....

Colleen, I just had to "Thank You" because you had 999 thanks and I wanted to be the 1000th!!:D:party: Totally off topic, I know.
I'm looking forward to spending time with everyone in Toronto. I also grew up in Southeast Michigan and have been to Toronto and the Falls many times but my hubby hasn't so I'm excited that he is looking forward to our trip.

LOL! Thanks Ruthie! I'm so excited to go to Toronto and see everyone!!! We are really going to have an awesome time!!!! :party:

Thanks for the heads up on that one Colleen! Definitely good info to know.

Ruthie, that's funny!!!

So i think we are going to fly to Detroit with our kids, spend time with family, leave our kids with my dad and then take the train to Toronto.

Any suggestions/ideas on that?

That sounds super fun!!!!! Does that mean I can meet your kids too???Also, if you are still planning on renting a car while in Toronto, just rent on here in MI and drive up.. it's about a 4.5 hour drive. Just a thought... Can't wait to see you!!!! :candyheart:

I'm not feeling 100% and have read the e-mail twice. For the day trips to Niagra, are the prices per person or per couple? I couldn't tell... has anyone else figured it out? :confused:

finley1991 said:
I'm not feeling 100% and have read the e-mail twice. For the day trips to Niagra, are the prices per person or per couple? I couldn't tell... has anyone else figured it out? :confused:

I took it as per person. Seems like a lot $300 for a 1 hr. trip. I know there were some extras included, but still.... I'm wondering if we can get a better deal somewhere else. My husband & I don't drink so the wine tour I could live without.

Yes, it's looking like per person - it has a column for # of tickets, then a column for total for that tour - same for the Sat tour - then a grand total at the bottom.

It's an 8 hour tour, but I didn't see cheaper prices for my 2 & 3 year old & I'm not sure I'd want to take them on the boat. I'll try to look into cheaper tours. Hubby just left today for a couple of weeks (military thing), so I might actually find some time to get it done! LOL

What are the best car rental companies in Toronto?

Some of the top car rental companies in Toronto include Enterprise, Hertz, Avis, Budget, and National. It is recommended to research and compare prices and customer reviews before making a decision.

What is the minimum age requirement for renting a car in Toronto?

The minimum age to rent a car in Toronto is typically 21 years old. However, some car rental companies may require drivers to be at least 25 years old. It is important to check with the specific company for their age requirements.

Do I need an international driver's license to rent a car in Toronto?

If you are visiting Toronto from another country, you may need to obtain an international driver's license to rent a car. It is best to check with your home country's driving authority to see if they require an international license for driving in Canada.

What are some good neighborhoods for an extended stay in Toronto?

Some popular neighborhoods for extended stays in Toronto include Downtown, Yorkville, and Harbourfront. These areas offer a variety of accommodations, restaurants, and attractions for a comfortable and convenient stay.

Are there any toll roads in Toronto that I should be aware of?

Yes, there are a few toll roads in Toronto, including the Highway 407 and the Toronto Express Toll Route (ETR). It is important to research and plan your route beforehand to avoid any unexpected toll charges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ahammons